Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the File-NFSLock CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 99431
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: File-NFSLock

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: NGLENN [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in:
  • 1.25
  • 1.27



Subject: Fails on Windows
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 452b
I'm sure you can already tell that by the test reports, but I'd just like to mention that it would be nice to have it fixed, since there are some important modules that depend on this one (Test::TempDir). In the 210, 400, and 410 test files, replacing the usage of File::Temp with the old "testfile.dat" fixes the problem, but it doesn't in the other failing test file (420). I can test anything on my machine if you don't have a Widnows box available.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 200b
I have fixes for Win32 in this pull request, maintainers, please merge and release; or let me know what changes you require from me for a speedy release: https://github.com/hookbot/File-NFSLock/pull/1
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 672b
On 2014-10-11 06:54:06, NGLENN wrote: Show quoted text
> I'm sure you can already tell that by the test reports, but I'd just > like to mention that it would be nice to have it fixed, since there > are some important modules that depend on this one (Test::TempDir). > In the 210, 400, and 410 test files, replacing the usage of File::Temp > with the old "testfile.dat" fixes the problem, but it doesn't in the > other failing test file (420). > I can test anything on my machine if you don't have a Widnows box > available.
I have been intending for a while to remove FNFSL from Test::TempDir due to its intermittent ability to pass tests; I'll step up my game to make that happen soon.
I fixed the syntax for File::Temp::tempfile() on the test suite in version 1.25.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 142b
I merged in Christian's pull request from github. Please help me test this new version 1.25. Now it should work on Win32 too. Thanks! -- Rob
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 462b
Hmm, it actually didn't pass. It doesn't look like a difficult problem to fix, though: Error in tempfile() using template \XXXXXXXXXX: Could not create temp file \4mAYYPKV2w: Permission denied at t/130_taint.t line 10. # Looks like your test exited with 13 before it could output anything. I think that template just needs to be changed. On Fri Nov 07 15:21:37 2014, BBB wrote: Show quoted text
> Please help me test this new version 1.25. > Now it should work on Win32 too.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 749b
I thought it was an issue with Windows not being able to delete a file while it's still opened, which I thought is fixed now. But I guess I still don't understand what the problem is or if it's a new problem. Can you send me a pull request on github of something better that works? Or a patch? It just doesn't seem like an easy fix for me. Thanks! On Fri Nov 07 20:08:05 2014, NGLENN wrote: Show quoted text
> Hmm, it actually didn't pass. It doesn't look like a difficult problem > to fix, though: > > Error in tempfile() using template \XXXXXXXXXX: Could not create temp > file \4mAYYPKV2w: Permission denied at t/130_taint.t line 10. > # Looks like your test exited with 13 before it could output anything. > > I think that template just needs to be changed.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 573b
Well, in version 1.26 there seem to be more failures than I remember seeing, and I unfortunately only know how to solve one problem. In 130_taint.t and 430_taint.t, you need to replace my $datafile = (tempfile)[1]; with my $datafile = (tempfile('XXXXXXXXXX'))[1];. On Windows "\foo" is not a legal path, so the default template fails, apparently. This same line of code is used in other files, but it is specifically the cause of failure for those two tests. The final tests in 240, 241, 250, and 251 are still failing though. I'm not really an expert at this, either :(
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 138b
Okay, your 'XXXXXXXXXX' syntax actually seems fine. Please run a "git pull" and let me know whether or not 1.27 works any better on Win32.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 726b
I cloned and tested, but like I said, that specific fix doesn't fix all of the problems. I still get: t\240_fork_ex.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 Non-zero exit status: 1 t\241_fork_ex.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 t\242_fork_ex.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 Non-zero exit status: 1 t\243_fork_ex.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 t\250_fork_sh.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 Non-zero exit status: 1 t\251_fork_sh.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 t\252_fork_sh.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6 Non-zero exit status: 1 t\253_fork_sh.t (Wstat: 0 Tests: 6 Failed: 1) Failed test: 6


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.