Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the DBD-SQLite CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 9837
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: DBD-SQLite

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: michael_schweisguth_com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in: 1.07
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Memory Leak
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 574b
I did some testing that simply put database connection and disconnection in a loop and I watched the resident memory requirement of the program increase. Given that it was a DBD driver, I decided it was too complicated to debug. I saw, for example, that error messages are freed when they need to be, etc... So I wrote my own code that didn't rely on DBD. I put this bug on the list in the hope that the memory issues are resolved. Now that I wrote my own, I understand how to debug memory leaks in PERL XS modules so, if I have time, I'll look into this issue deeper.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 331b
I just wanted to add to this report that I found the same problem in 1.09. I've reproduced the leak under ActiveState 5.8.3 with the following code... use strict; use DBI; while(1) { my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:SQLite:test.db") or die "Unable to connect\n"; $dbh->disconnect() or die "Unable to disconnect\n"; }
From: mrdamnfrenchy [...] yahoo.com
Still leaky in 1.11.
From: mrdamnfrenchy [...] yahoo.com
Still leaky in 1.12.
Can't replicate with new cvs code. Re-open if this is still an issue after 1.13.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.