Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Net-SSH-Perl CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 94574
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Net-SSH-Perl

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: brian.curnow [...] gfs.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Algorithm negotiation issue with Net::SSH::Perl::Kex v1.24
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:56:57 -0400
To: bug-Net-SSH-Perl [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Brian Curnow <brian.curnow [...] gfs.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 707b
There appears to be a bug in Net::SSH::Perl::Kex v1.24 starting on line 102. The code starts waiting for SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS before its sent that message. It looks like the sending and receiving are just backwards. Lines 105, 106 and 107 need to be moved above line 102. While the RFC<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4253> is fairly clear that both parties need to send SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS some servers don't. Specifically, CoreFTP <http://www.coreftp.com/> doesn't so this. This bug seems to be identical to 18324<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=18324> which was entered back in 2006. The patch applied to that bug should fix this too. Can we get this applied? Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 677b
Thanks for the report. I'm just a co-maintainer but happily willing to apply it. I'm heavily under water these days, so can you please make sure it applies to 1.37 and confirm it fixes your problem? I then create a new release with that fix. Thanks! Kind regards, Steffen On Wed Apr 09 14:57:22 2014, brian.curnow@gfs.com wrote: Show quoted text
> This bug seems to be identical to > 18324<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=18324> which > was entered back in 2006. The patch applied to that bug should fix this > too. Can we get this applied? > > Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com
-- Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #94574] Algorithm negotiation issue with Net::SSH::Perl::Kex v1.24
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 07:12:47 -0400
To: bug-Net-SSH-Perl [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Brian Curnow <brian.curnow [...] gfs.com>
Yes, I can confirm that it applies to 1.37 and that it fixes the problem. Thanks! Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com Gordon Food Service® | Information Systems | 616-717-7786 On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Steffen Schwigon via RT < bug-Net-SSH-Perl@rt.cpan.org> wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=94574 > > > Thanks for the report. > > I'm just a co-maintainer but happily willing to apply it. > > I'm heavily under water these days, so can you please make > sure it applies to 1.37 and confirm it fixes your problem? > > I then create a new release with that fix. > > Thanks! > > Kind regards, > Steffen > > On Wed Apr 09 14:57:22 2014, brian.curnow@gfs.com wrote:
> > This bug seems to be identical to > > 18324<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=18324> which > > was entered back in 2006. The patch applied to that bug should fix this > > too. Can we get this applied? > > > > Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com
> > > -- > Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> > Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/> >
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #94574] Algorithm negotiation issue with Net::SSH::Perl::Kex v1.24
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 07:28:11 -0400
To: bug-Net-SSH-Perl [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Brian Curnow <brian.curnow [...] gfs.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.5k
Actually, I just tried to apply the actual patch file from 18324 and realized that the patch file itself doesn't work. I regenerated a new one (see attached). This is the actual change we applied to our system under 1.37 that resolves the issue. It's effectively the same patch from bug 18324. Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com Gordon Food Service® | Information Systems | 616-717-7786 On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 7:12 AM, Brian Curnow <brian.curnow@gfs.com> wrote: Show quoted text
> Yes, I can confirm that it applies to 1.37 and that it fixes the problem. > > Thanks! > > Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com > Gordon Food Service® | Information Systems | 616-717-7786 > > > On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Steffen Schwigon via RT < > bug-Net-SSH-Perl@rt.cpan.org> wrote: >
>> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=94574 > >> >> Thanks for the report. >> >> I'm just a co-maintainer but happily willing to apply it. >> >> I'm heavily under water these days, so can you please make >> sure it applies to 1.37 and confirm it fixes your problem? >> >> I then create a new release with that fix. >> >> Thanks! >> >> Kind regards, >> Steffen >> >> On Wed Apr 09 14:57:22 2014, brian.curnow@gfs.com wrote:
>> > This bug seems to be identical to >> > 18324<https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=18324> which >> > was entered back in 2006. The patch applied to that bug should fix this >> > too. Can we get this applied? >> > >> > Brian Curnow | Brian.Curnow@gfs.com
>> >> >> -- >> Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> >> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/> >>
> >
Download Kex.pm.patch
text/x-diff 691b

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.



This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.