Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the List-MoreUtils CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 93995
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: List-MoreUtils

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: DROLSKY [...] cpan.org
tsibley [...] cpan.org
Cc: perl [...] toby.ink
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: 0.400_004



Subject: Latest dev release breaks List::AllUtils
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 336b
The List::AllUtils module expects List::MoreUtils to define a public %EXPORT_TAGS hash and this new release gets rid of that. It'd be nice if there was some way to find out what MoreUtils can export. I'm fine with changing AllUtils to use some new mechanism, but AFAICT there's no way to get this info using Sub::Exporter's public API.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 188b
I intend to keep the wish from tobyink to switch to Exporter::Tiny. I didn't see such a feature neither in Sub::Exporter nor in Exporter::Tiny. Should it become a feature request to E::T?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 433b
On Wed Mar 19 02:48:18 2014, REHSACK wrote: Show quoted text
> I intend to keep the wish from tobyink to switch to Exporter::Tiny. I > didn't see such a feature neither in Sub::Exporter nor in > Exporter::Tiny. > > Should it become a feature request to E::T?
That would be nice. Without this, I'd have to hard code every sub name from List::MoreUtils in Allutils, which means that when subs are added in the future I have to manually add them too.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 241b
Would be a method that returns sub foo { map { $_ => [ keys %{ $pkg_tags{$_}{functions} } ] } keys %pkg_tags; } fine? I do not want to have an "our %EXPORT_TAGS". And sorry @tobyink that I merged wrong (to much adrenaline today :/)
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 267b
On Thu Mar 20 10:21:56 2014, REHSACK wrote: Show quoted text
> Would be a method that returns > > sub foo > { > map { $_ => [ keys %{ $pkg_tags{$_}{functions} } ] } keys %pkg_tags; > } > > fine? > > I do not want to have an "our %EXPORT_TAGS".
Yes, anything is fine with me.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 104b
FWIW, there is already @EXPORT_OK. It seems that would probably be sufficient for List::AllUtils' needs.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 181b
On Thu Mar 20 13:24:30 2014, TOBYINK wrote: Show quoted text
> FWIW, there is already @EXPORT_OK. It seems that would probably be > sufficient for List::AllUtils' needs.
Not in the new dev version.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 181b
On Thu Mar 20 13:24:30 2014, TOBYINK wrote: Show quoted text
> FWIW, there is already @EXPORT_OK. It seems that would probably be > sufficient for List::AllUtils' needs.
Not in the new dev version.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 363b
With 0.400_004 two methods are introduced: 1) _export_tags - gives "normal" tags 2) _export_alias_names - gives a separate tag containing the aliased functions (I see no value in providing an import tag for them) We should discuss separately how to keep that stable - I primarily wanted to get List::AllUtils working for now and discuss nasty details separately.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.