Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Module-CPANTS-Analyse CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 87535
Status: rejected
Priority: 0/
Queue: Module-CPANTS-Analyse

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: ether [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: 0.90_01
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: incorrect version specification in 0.90_01
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 144b
our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; should be changed to: our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; $VERSION = eval $VERSION; ...so the underscore is handled properly.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 316b
Thanks. Fixed in https://github.com/cpants/Module-CPANTS-Analyse/commit/1af1ac74ccaafa4e30369f37c68b36c33498e37e On Fri Aug 02 07:40:03 2013, ETHER wrote: Show quoted text
> our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; > > should be changed to: > > our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; $VERSION = eval $VERSION; > > ...so the underscore is handled properly.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 556b
... and this made 0.90_02 0.9002 (ie. prod release and indexed) Reverted in https://github.com/cpants/Module-CPANTS-Analyse/commit/52903f63d039d9ea96f465a8b912b45115a6db09 On Sat Aug 03 13:42:24 2013, ISHIGAKI wrote: Show quoted text
> Thanks. Fixed in https://github.com/cpants/Module-CPANTS- > Analyse/commit/1af1ac74ccaafa4e30369f37c68b36c33498e37e > > On Fri Aug 02 07:40:03 2013, ETHER wrote:
> > our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; > > > > should be changed to: > > > > our $VERSION = '0.90_01'; $VERSION = eval $VERSION; > > > > ...so the underscore is handled properly.
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #87535] incorrect version specification in 0.90_01
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 10:46:00 -0700
To: Kenichi Ishigaki via RT <bug-Module-CPANTS-Analyse [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Karen Etheridge <ether [...] cpan.org>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 496b
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 01:12:49AM -0400, Kenichi Ishigaki via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=87535 > > > ... and this made 0.90_02 0.9002 (ie. prod release and indexed) > > Reverted in https://github.com/cpants/Module-CPANTS-Analyse/commit/52903f63d039d9ea96f465a8b912b45115a6db09
That's because you uploaded a tarball called Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.9002.tar.gz, not Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.90_02.tar.gz. The $VERSION declaration in the .pm files were correct.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 656b
On Sun Aug 04 02:46:12 2013, ETHER wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 01:12:49AM -0400, Kenichi Ishigaki via RT > wrote:
> > <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=87535 > > > > > ... and this made 0.90_02 0.9002 (ie. prod release and indexed) > > > > Reverted in https://github.com/cpants/Module-CPANTS- > > Analyse/commit/52903f63d039d9ea96f465a8b912b45115a6db09
> > That's because you uploaded a tarball called > Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.9002.tar.gz, not > Module-CPANTS-Analyse-0.90_02.tar.gz. > > The $VERSION declaration in the .pm files were correct.
Theoretically, but as it actually made an unexpected prod release, I won't accept this.
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #87535] incorrect version specification in 0.90_01
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 16:00:57 -0700
To: Kenichi Ishigaki via RT <bug-Module-CPANTS-Analyse [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Karen Etheridge <ether [...] cpan.org>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 537b
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 05:35:53PM -0400, Kenichi Ishigaki via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> Theoretically, but as it actually made an unexpected prod release, I won't accept this.
It's not valid for Module::CPANTS::Analyse->VERSION to return a string with an underscore in it. You should talk to BinGOs; he may have found a problem in Module::Build and/or shipit that is responsible. Your other option is to release a -TRIAL-style release (with no underscores in versions at all), with the metadata explicitly stating that the release is not stable.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 753b
On 2013-08-03 16:01:11, ETHER wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 05:35:53PM -0400, Kenichi Ishigaki via RT > wrote:
> > Theoretically, but as it actually made an unexpected prod release, I > > won't accept this.
> > It's not valid for Module::CPANTS::Analyse->VERSION to return a string > with > an underscore in it. > > You should talk to BinGOs; he may have found a problem in > Module::Build > and/or shipit that is responsible. > > Your other option is to release a -TRIAL-style release (with no > underscores > in versions at all), with the metadata explicitly stating that the > release > is not stable.
mst tells me that the 'eval' statement needs to be on a separate line, otherwise EUMM (and presumably MB too?) will pick it up - thanks mst!


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.