Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the DBIx-Class CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 81114
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: DBIx-Class

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: CHORNY [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: 0.08204
Fixed in: 0.08205



Subject: t/storage/txn.t fails on Win32, perl 5.8.9
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 407b
Show quoted text
>prove -bv t/storage/txn.t
..... ok 34 - Start outside txn # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected Dubious, test returned 5 (wstat 1280, 0x500) All 34 subtests passed Same results for threads.pm versions 1.07 and 1.86, threads::shared 0.94 and 1.42. This test passes on perl 5.12.4 and 5.16.1 -- Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #81114] t/storage/txn.t fails on Win32, perl 5.8.9
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:04:08 +1100
To: Alexandr Ciornii via RT <bug-DBIx-Class [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Peter Rabbitson <ribasushi [...] cpan.org>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.1k
On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 03:17:20AM -0500, Alexandr Ciornii via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> Mon Nov 12 03:17:17 2012: Request 81114 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by CHORNY > Queue: DBIx-Class > Subject: t/storage/txn.t fails on Win32, perl 5.8.9 > Broken in: 0.08204 > Severity: Unimportant > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: CHORNY@cpan.org > Status: new > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=81114 > > >
> >prove -bv t/storage/txn.t
> ..... > ok 34 - Start outside txn > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > Dubious, test returned 5 (wstat 1280, 0x500) > All 34 subtests passed > > Same results for threads.pm versions 1.07 and 1.86, threads::shared 0.94 > and 1.42. > > > This test passes on perl 5.12.4 and 5.16.1
What about the DBI/DBD::SQLite version differences between passing and non-passing perls? threads should not make any difference - the test segfaults way before any fork/thread was spawned (which is very very bad). Please provide more info, this is surely an indication of a deeper problem. Cheers
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
On Mon Nov 12 05:04:25 2012, RIBASUSHI wrote: Show quoted text
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 03:17:20AM -0500, Alexandr Ciornii via RT wrote:
> > Mon Nov 12 03:17:17 2012: Request 81114 was acted upon. > > Transaction: Ticket created by CHORNY > > Queue: DBIx-Class > > Subject: t/storage/txn.t fails on Win32, perl 5.8.9 > > Broken in: 0.08204 > > Severity: Unimportant > > Owner: Nobody > > Requestors: CHORNY@cpan.org > > Status: new > > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=81114 > > > > >
> > >prove -bv t/storage/txn.t
> > ..... > > ok 34 - Start outside txn > > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > > Dubious, test returned 5 (wstat 1280, 0x500) > > All 34 subtests passed > > > > Same results for threads.pm versions 1.07 and 1.86, threads::shared 0.94 > > and 1.42. > > > > > > This test passes on perl 5.12.4 and 5.16.1
> > What about the DBI/DBD::SQLite version differences between passing and > non-passing perls?
upgraded, but it did not help fails: perl 5.8.9: DBI 1.609, DBD::SQLite 1.29 perl 5.8.9: 1.622, 1.37 passes: perl 5.12.3: 1.616, 1.31 perl 5.16.1: 1.622, 1.37 -- Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
On Mon Nov 12 05:31:56 2012, CHORNY wrote: Show quoted text
> On Mon Nov 12 05:04:25 2012, RIBASUSHI wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 03:17:20AM -0500, Alexandr Ciornii via RT wrote:
> > > Mon Nov 12 03:17:17 2012: Request 81114 was acted upon. > > > Transaction: Ticket created by CHORNY > > > Queue: DBIx-Class > > > Subject: t/storage/txn.t fails on Win32, perl 5.8.9 > > > Broken in: 0.08204 > > > Severity: Unimportant > > > Owner: Nobody > > > Requestors: CHORNY@cpan.org > > > Status: new > > > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=81114 > > > > > > >
> > > >prove -bv t/storage/txn.t
> > > ..... > > > ok 34 - Start outside txn > > > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > > > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > > > Dubious, test returned 5 (wstat 1280, 0x500) > > > All 34 subtests passed > > > > > > Same results for threads.pm versions 1.07 and 1.86,
threads::shared 0.94 Show quoted text
> > > and 1.42. > > > > > > > > > This test passes on perl 5.12.4 and 5.16.1
> > > > What about the DBI/DBD::SQLite version differences between passing and > > non-passing perls?
> > upgraded, but it did not help > > fails: > perl 5.8.9: DBI 1.609, DBD::SQLite 1.29 > perl 5.8.9: 1.622, 1.37 > > passes: > perl 5.12.3: 1.616, 1.31 > perl 5.16.1: 1.622, 1.37 > >
Ok, will try to reproduce it locally, I think I have a windows handy. Will let you know in the evening.
Both Windows and 5.8 support are anything but "unimportant", removing tag.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 563b
On Mon Nov 12 03:17:17 2012, CHORNY wrote: Show quoted text
> >prove -bv t/storage/txn.t
> ..... > ok 34 - Start outside txn > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > # Auto checked 31 references for leaks - none detected > Dubious, test returned 5 (wstat 1280, 0x500) > All 34 subtests passed > > Same results for threads.pm versions 1.07 and 1.86, threads::shared 0.94 > and 1.42. > > > This test passes on perl 5.12.4 and 5.16.1 >
Please check branch rt/81114, and let me know if it fixes your issue. https://github.com/dbsrgits/DBIx-Class/tree/rt/81114
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 285b
On Sun Nov 18 18:09:06 2012, RIBASUSHI wrote: Show quoted text
> On Mon Nov 12 03:17:17 2012, CHORNY wrote:
Show quoted text
> Please check branch rt/81114, and let me know if it fixes your issue. > > https://github.com/dbsrgits/DBIx-Class/tree/rt/81114
Yes, all tests pass. -- Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.