Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Text-Similarity CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 79024
Status: resolved
Worked: 10 min
Priority: 0/
Queue: Text-Similarity

People
Owner: TPEDERSE [...] cpan.org
Requestors: NGLENN [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in: 0.08
Fixed in: (no value)

Attachments
0001-Changed-single-quotes-to-double-quotes-in-test-comma.patch



Subject: Windows- test fails because of single quotes
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 227b
The last test in text_similarity_strings.t fails because single quotes are used in the system command; Windows does not recognize single quotes. I have attached a patch which fixes this, allowing all tests to pass on Windows.
Subject: 0001-Changed-single-quotes-to-double-quotes-in-test-comma.patch
From 3a0368bc35a6044f6b1c08550f1794a5fdd7701a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001 From: Nathan Glenn <garfieldnate@gmail.com> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:53:46 -0400 Subject: [PATCH 1/1] Changed single quotes to double quotes in test command; on Windows, a single quote has no meaning, so the arguments to the script were not passed correctly, and testing failed. --- t/text_similarity_string.t | 2 +- 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-) diff --git a/t/text_similarity_string.t b/t/text_similarity_string.t index 31369c4..39fde6a 100644 --- a/t/text_similarity_string.t +++ b/t/text_similarity_string.t @@ -63,7 +63,7 @@ is ($output, 0, "match with empties"); ## this test case was causing trouble for Windows - changed in 0.07 ##$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string 'sir winston churchill' 'winston churchill SIR!!!' `; -$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string 'sir winston churchill' 'winston churchill sir' `; +$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string "sir winston churchill" "winston churchill sir" `; chomp $output; is ($output, 1, "order doesn't affect score"); -- 1.7.11.msysgit.1
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 336b
Thanks! We'll include this patch in our next release! On Thu Aug 16 15:00:07 2012, NGLENN wrote: Show quoted text
> The last test in text_similarity_strings.t fails because single quotes
are Show quoted text
> used in the system command; Windows does not recognize single quotes. > I have attached a patch which fixes this, allowing all tests to pass on > Windows.
This has been fixed in version 0.09.
RT-Send-CC: garfieldnate [...] gmail.com
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 778b
I'm sorry it has taken a while for me to respond (I have a little trouble using the RT system). I tried to install the latest Text::Similarity (0.09), and the problem persists. The line that WOULD work on Windows is commented out, like so: ## this test case was causing trouble for Windows - changed in 0.07 ##$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string "sir winston churchill" "winston churchill SIR!!!"`; $output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string 'sir winston churchill' 'winston churchill sir' `; The if you comment out the second '$output=' line and uncomment the first one, the test passes on Windows. On Tue Jan 22 12:27:35 2013, TPEDERSE wrote: Show quoted text
> This has been fixed in version 0.09.
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #79024] Windows- test fails because of single quotes
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 12:26:40 -0500
To: bug-Text-Similarity [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Ted Pedersen <tpederse [...] d.umn.edu>
Thanks for catching this Nathan, clearly I missed this but we'll get this resolved! On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Nathan Gary Glenn via RT <bug-Text-Similarity@rt.cpan.org> wrote: Show quoted text
> Queue: Text-Similarity > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=79024 > > > I'm sorry it has taken a while for me to respond (I have a little trouble using the RT system). > I tried to install the latest Text::Similarity (0.09), and the problem persists. The line that WOULD work on Windows is commented out, like so: > > ## this test case was causing trouble for Windows - changed in 0.07 > > ##$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string "sir winston churchill" "winston churchill SIR!!!"`; > $output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string 'sir winston churchill' 'winston churchill sir' `; > > The if you comment out the second '$output=' line and uncomment the first one, the test passes on Windows. > > On Tue Jan 22 12:27:35 2013, TPEDERSE wrote:
>> This has been fixed in version 0.09.
> >
RT-Send-CC: garfieldnate [...] gmail.com
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.3k
I just released a version 0.10 of Text-Similarity which should hopefully resolve this Windows testing issue. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and following up! On Sun May 19 13:27:01 2013, tpederse@d.umn.edu wrote: Show quoted text
> Thanks for catching this Nathan, clearly I missed this but we'll get > this resolved! > > On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Nathan Gary Glenn via RT > <bug-Text-Similarity@rt.cpan.org> wrote:
> > Queue: Text-Similarity > > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=79024 > > > > > I'm sorry it has taken a while for me to respond (I have a little
> trouble using the RT system).
> > I tried to install the latest Text::Similarity (0.09), and the
> problem persists. The line that WOULD work on Windows is commented > out, like so:
> > > > ## this test case was causing trouble for Windows - changed in 0.07 > > > > ##$output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type
> Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string "sir winston churchill" "winston > churchill SIR!!!"`;
> > $output = `$^X $inc $text_similarity_pl --type
> Text::Similarity::Overlaps --string 'sir winston churchill' 'winston > churchill sir' `;
> > > > The if you comment out the second '$output=' line and uncomment the
> first one, the test passes on Windows.
> > > > On Tue Jan 22 12:27:35 2013, TPEDERSE wrote:
> >> This has been fixed in version 0.09.
> > > >


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.