Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the XML-SemanticDiff CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
78554
Status:
open
Priority:
Low/Low

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
Jeffery.Cunningham [...] amd.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
(no value)
Broken in:
(no value)
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 17:19:33 +0000
To: "bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org" <bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org>
From: "Cunningham, Jeffery" <Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com>

Unless I am missing a step, an element is being reported as rogue element but it exists in xml file compared with.

 

 I discovered that a element can be reported as new rogue element in new file if not in same location as old file. Example if old file contains:

 

<classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic">

    <all_members name="accessLogic"/>

    <all_members name="DBUS"/>

</classes>

 

And new file contains:

 

<classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic">

    <all_members name="accessLogic"/>

    <all_members name="SPR"/>

    <all_members name="DBUS"/>

</classes>

 

Then DBUS is reported both as a change in attribute value (which is ok), but also reported as new rogue element in new file, although it exists in both files.

 

 

Jeff Cunningham
Department: Software Infrastructure



 

Image displayed inline above

Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #78554] possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 17:57:40 -0700
To: bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org
From: Kip Hampton <khampton@totalcinema.com>
Hey Jeff, Thanks for the report. I'll dig into this at the weekend to see if I can see what's up. Cheers, -kip On 7/24/12 10:20 AM, Cunningham, Jeffery via RT wrote:
Show quoted text
> Tue Jul 24 13:20:02 2012: Request 78554 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com > Queue: XML-SemanticDiff > Subject: possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0 > Broken in: (no value) > Severity: (no value) > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com > Status: new > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78554 > > > > Unless I am missing a step, an element is being reported as rogue element but it exists in xml file compared with. > > I discovered that a element can be reported as new rogue element in new file if not in same location as old file. Example if old file contains: > > <classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic"> > <all_members name="accessLogic"/> > <all_members name="DBUS"/> > </classes> > > And new file contains: > > <classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic"> > <all_members name="accessLogic"/> > <all_members name="SPR"/> > <all_members name="DBUS"/> > </classes> > > Then DBUS is reported both as a change in attribute value (which is ok), but also reported as new rogue element in new file, although it exists in both files. > > > Jeff Cunningham > Department: Software Infrastructure > > [cid:image001.png@01CD6996.4B08A100] > > >
Subject: RE: [rt.cpan.org #78554] possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 12:52:11 +0000
To: "bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org" <bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org>
From: "Cunningham, Jeffery" <Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com>
Thanks for your response. I attached files I am using for test. I tried the patch dated 2006 for version 0.95 and also tried latest version 1.0. Much appreciated Jeff Cunningham Department: Software Infrastructure
Show quoted text
-----Original Message----- From: khampton@totalcinema.com via RT [mailto:bug-XML-SemanticDiff@rt.cpan.org] Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:58 PM To: Cunningham, Jeffery Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #78554] possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0 <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78554 > Hey Jeff, Thanks for the report. I'll dig into this at the weekend to see if I can see what's up. Cheers, -kip On 7/24/12 10:20 AM, Cunningham, Jeffery via RT wrote:
> Tue Jul 24 13:20:02 2012: Request 78554 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com > Queue: XML-SemanticDiff > Subject: possible bug in SemanticDiff 1.0 > Broken in: (no value) > Severity: (no value) > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: Jeffery.Cunningham@amd.com > Status: new > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78554 > > > > Unless I am missing a step, an element is being reported as rogue element but it exists in xml file compared with. > > I discovered that a element can be reported as new rogue element in new file if not in same location as old file. Example if old file contains: > > <classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic"> > <all_members name="accessLogic"/> > <all_members name="DBUS"/> > </classes> > > And new file contains: > > <classes name="Zanoply::AccessLogic"> > <all_members name="accessLogic"/> > <all_members name="SPR"/> > <all_members name="DBUS"/> > </classes> > > Then DBUS is reported both as a change in attribute value (which is ok), but also reported as new rogue element in new file, although it exists in both files. > > > Jeff Cunningham > Department: Software Infrastructure > > [cid:image001.png@01CD6996.4B08A100] > > >

Message body not shown because it is not plain text.



This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.