Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Term-TermKey CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 78176
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Term-TermKey

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: pub [...] ciemborowicz.pl
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Makepkg fails in Term::TermKey 0.14
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 14:38:39 +0200
To: bug-Term-TermKey [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Maciej Ciemborowicz <pub [...] ciemborowicz.pl>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.1k
I tried to install Term::TermKey with Perl v5.16.0 and libtermkey 0.15. Here is full log: ==> Zaczynam build() Version::Requirements is deprecated; replace with CPAN::Meta::Requirements at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 17. require Version/Requirements.pm called at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm line 10 CPAN::Meta::Prereqs::BEGIN() called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 require CPAN/Meta/Prereqs.pm called at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm line 7 CPAN::Meta::Feature::BEGIN() called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 require CPAN/Meta/Feature.pm called at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/CPAN/Meta.pm line 9 CPAN::Meta::BEGIN() called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 eval {...} called at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/Version/Requirements.pm line 0 require CPAN/Meta.pm called at (eval 29) line 2 eval 'require CPAN::Meta ;' called at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1664 Module::Build::Base::try_require('Module::Build=HASH(0x1896a30)', 'CPAN::Meta', 2.110420) called at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1897 Module::Build::Base::create_mymeta('Module::Build=HASH(0x1896a30)') called at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1957 Module::Build::Base::create_build_script('Module::Build=HASH(0x1896a30)') called at Build.PL line 64 Created MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json Creating new 'Build' script for 'Term-TermKey' version '0.14' Building Term-TermKey cc -I/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE -DXS_VERSION="0.14" -DVERSION="0.14" -fPIC -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -o lib/Term/TermKey.o lib/Term/TermKey.c lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'setup_constants': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:47:3: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs:47:3: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_type_is_position': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:167:30: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_line': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:282:62: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_col': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:293:62: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_new_abstract': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:338:16: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default] lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_getkey': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:465:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_getkey_force': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:481:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_waitkey': lib/Term/TermKey.xs:508:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' undeclared (first use in this function) error building lib/Term/TermKey.o from 'lib/Term/TermKey.c' at /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Base.pm line 177. ==> B?A;D: Wysta;pi? b?a;d w build(). Przerywam... ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build perl-term-termkey. -- Maciej Ciemborowicz http://ciemborowicz.pl
On Tue Jul 03 08:38:59 2012, pub@ciemborowicz.pl wrote: Show quoted text
> I tried to install Term::TermKey with Perl v5.16.0 and libtermkey > 0.15.
Does that include the bugfixes? 0.15b: http://www.leonerd.org.uk/code/libtermkey/libtermkey-0.15b.tar.gz Show quoted text
> cc -I/usr/lib/perl5/core_perl/CORE -DXS_VERSION="0.14" > -DVERSION="0.14" -fPIC -c -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE > -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -I/usr/local/include > -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -march=x86-64 > -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector > --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 > -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe > -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -o > lib/Term/TermKey.o lib/Term/TermKey.c > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'setup_constants': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:47:3: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared > (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:47:3: note: each undeclared identifier is > reported only once for each function it appears in > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function > 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_type_is_position': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:167:30: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_line': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:282:62: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey__Key_col': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:293:62: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_new_abstract': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:338:16: warning: assignment makes pointer from > integer without a cast [enabled by default] > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_getkey': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:465:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_getkey_force': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:481:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > lib/Term/TermKey.xs: In function 'XS_Term__TermKey_waitkey': > lib/Term/TermKey.xs:508:54: error: 'TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION' > undeclared (first use in this function) > error building lib/Term/TermKey.o from 'lib/Term/TermKey.c' at > /usr/share/perl5/core_perl/ExtUtils/CBuilder/Base.pm line 177.
That looks upsetting. Take a look at the .h file you have (in /usr/local/include if I read your paste above correctly). I get: $ grep TYPE_POSITION /usr/include/termkey.h TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION which, reading the file, is part of: typedef enum { TERMKEY_TYPE_UNICODE, TERMKEY_TYPE_FUNCTION, TERMKEY_TYPE_KEYSYM, TERMKEY_TYPE_MOUSE, TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION } TermKeyType; Make sure that the file the compiler finds really is the 0.15 version, and not for example an earlier build. The .h file should contain a version constant too: #define TERMKEY_VERSION_MAJOR 0 #define TERMKEY_VERSION_MINOR 15 -- Paul Evans
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #78176] Makepkg fails in Term::TermKey 0.14
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 19:58:14 +0200
To: bug-Term-TermKey [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Maciej Ciemborowicz <pub [...] ciemborowicz.pl>
On 03.07.2012 19:08, Paul Evans via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> Does that include the bugfixes? 0.15b: > http://www.leonerd.org.uk/code/libtermkey/libtermkey-0.15b.tar.gz
I get this error with 0.15 as well as with 0.15b. Show quoted text
> That looks upsetting. > > Take a look at the .h file you have (in /usr/local/include if I read your paste above correctly). I get: > > $ grep TYPE_POSITION /usr/include/termkey.h > TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION > > which, reading the file, is part of: > > typedef enum { > TERMKEY_TYPE_UNICODE, > TERMKEY_TYPE_FUNCTION, > TERMKEY_TYPE_KEYSYM, > TERMKEY_TYPE_MOUSE, > TERMKEY_TYPE_POSITION > } TermKeyType; > > Make sure that the file the compiler finds really is the 0.15 version, and not for example an earlier build. The .h file > should contain a version constant too: > > #define TERMKEY_VERSION_MAJOR 0 > #define TERMKEY_VERSION_MINOR 15 >
I have the same in /usr/include/termkey.h. I also tried to remove libtermkey, find all libtermkey* files, remove them too, and install libtermkey again. Still the same error. -- Maciej Ciemborowicz http://ciemborowicz.pl
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 510b
On Tue Jul 03 13:58:31 2012, pub@ciemborowicz.pl wrote: Show quoted text
> I have the same in /usr/include/termkey.h. I also tried to remove > libtermkey, find all libtermkey* files, remove them too, and install > libtermkey again. Still the same error.
That does sound really weird. Make quite sure you don't have any stale copies, perhaps sitting in /usr/local or $HOME/lib/perl5, or wherever they might be. E.g. an older install of Alien::libtermkey would also leave one behind. $ find / -name termkey.h -- Paul Evans


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.