This queue is for tickets about the SAP-Rfc CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
78040
Status:
open
Priority:
Low/Low
Queue:

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
djbgarrido [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
(no value)
Broken in:
(no value)
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: SAP::RFC problems communicating with AS400 from Linux
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:39:55 +0100
To: bug-SAP-Rfc@rt.cpan.org
From: Daniel Garrido <djbgarrido@gmail.com>
Hello all,

Firstly thank you for your effort maintaining the SAP::RFC module.

Unfortunately it seems that it is not working properly when doing RFC calls from a Linux system to an AS400. Basically date type that contain number are always 0, examples, integers, time, date...

I'll provide you with any extra information you may need in order to track this issue down.

Thank you,
Daniel Garrido
Hi - SAP::Rfc is quite out of date now - you should now use sapnwrfc http://search.cpan.org/dist/sapnwrfc/ which uses the newer RFC libraries supplied by SAP. Cheers, Piers Harding. On Mon Jun 25 15:40:10 2012, djbgarrido@gmail.com wrote:
Show quoted text
> Hello all, > > Firstly thank you for your effort maintaining the SAP::RFC module. > > Unfortunately it seems that it is not working properly when doing RFC
calls
Show quoted text
> from a Linux system to an AS400. Basically date type that contain
number
Show quoted text
> are always 0, examples, integers, time, date... > > I'll provide you with any extra information you may need in order to
track
Show quoted text
> this issue down. > > Thank you, > Daniel Garrido
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #78040] SAP::RFC problems communicating with AS400 from Linux
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 20:51:41 +0100
To: bug-SAP-Rfc@rt.cpan.org
From: Daniel Garrido <djbgarrido@gmail.com>
Hi Piers Harding,

I'll will try those libraries. Still I'm trying to make RFC calls to a SAP R/3 4.7 in a AS/400 system. I'll get back as soon as I try those.

Thank you,
Daniel Garrido

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Piers Harding via RT <bug-SAP-Rfc@rt.cpan.org> wrote:
Show quoted text
<URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78040 >

Hi -

SAP::Rfc is quite out of date now - you should now use sapnwrfc
http://search.cpan.org/dist/sapnwrfc/ which uses the newer RFC libraries
supplied by SAP.

Cheers,
Piers Harding.


On Mon Jun 25 15:40:10 2012, djbgarrido@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Firstly thank you for your effort maintaining the SAP::RFC module.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that it is not working properly when doing RFC
calls
> from a Linux system to an AS400. Basically date type that contain
number
> are always 0, examples, integers, time, date...
>
> I'll provide you with any extra information you may need in order to
track
> this issue down.
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel Garrido



Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #78040] SAP::RFC problems communicating with AS400 from Linux
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:57:02 +0100
To: bug-SAP-Rfc@rt.cpan.org
From: Daniel Garrido <djbgarrido@gmail.com>
Piers Harding, thank you a lot. It works and it even handles BIG to LIT endian without any other conversion

Regards,
Daniel

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Daniel Garrido <djbgarrido@gmail.com> wrote:
Show quoted text
Hi Piers Harding,

I'll will try those libraries. Still I'm trying to make RFC calls to a SAP R/3 4.7 in a AS/400 system. I'll get back as soon as I try those.

Thank you,
Daniel Garrido


On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Piers Harding via RT <bug-SAP-Rfc@rt.cpan.org> wrote:
<URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=78040 >

Hi -

SAP::Rfc is quite out of date now - you should now use sapnwrfc
http://search.cpan.org/dist/sapnwrfc/ which uses the newer RFC libraries
supplied by SAP.

Cheers,
Piers Harding.


On Mon Jun 25 15:40:10 2012, djbgarrido@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Firstly thank you for your effort maintaining the SAP::RFC module.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that it is not working properly when doing RFC
calls
> from a Linux system to an AS400. Basically date type that contain
number
> are always 0, examples, integers, time, date...
>
> I'll provide you with any extra information you may need in order to
track
> this issue down.
>
> Thank you,
> Daniel Garrido






This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.