Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Perl-Dist-Strawberry CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 75107
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Perl-Dist-Strawberry

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: sisyphus [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Normal
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: pl2bat not right for me
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.1k
Hi, Sorry if this has already been reported/fixed - rt.cpan.org (apparently) doesn't want to let me view existing reports. With 5.14.2.1.beta_1 portable, batch files generated by Strawberry's pl2bat.bat begin with: @rem = '--*-Perl-*-- @echo off if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto WinNT "%~dp0perl.exe" -x -S "%0" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 goto endofperl :WinNT "%~dp0perl.exe" -x -S %0 %* For me that "%~dp0perl.exe", which I think comes directly from Strawberry's pl2bat.bat, doesn't work. It generates the following error whenever the generated batch file (ppm.bat in this instance) is run: '"C:\_32\strawberry514\perl\site\bin\perl.exe"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. One problem is that the path is wrong. The specified file does not exist, though C:\_32\strawberry514\perl\bin\perl.exe does exist. I suspect that the additional quotes might also make the command un-runnable, once the path has been fixed. My fix has been to replace '"%~dp0perl.exe"' with 'perl', which is in keeping with the way that pl2bat.bat does things on the perls that I have built. Cheers, Rob
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 830b
On Sat Feb 25 16:56:03 2012, KMX wrote: Now works fine. I gather the fix was to have the generated batch files installed into perl/bin instead of perl/site/bin. At least that's what seems to have happened. There's a potential "trap for the unwary" with that. When I installed these versions of 5.14.2.1 I simply installed them over the top of the existing 5.14.2.1_beta1 installations. This meant that: 1) the pre-existing perl/site/bin/*.bat files were still there; 2) they would always be there (unless manually removed); 3) they would never be updated (because upgrades now install those batch files into perl/bin); 4) they would be executed instead of the desired perl/bin/*.bat files of the same name (because perl/site/bin precedes perl/bin in the path). Probably a rare scenario - but worth noting. Cheers, Rob
You are right.

I have put to my TODO notes to remove perl\site\bin from PATH for portable perl

Anyway for me it is more or less fixed, thus closing as resolved.

--
kmx


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.