|Subject:||Potential bug with ParseExcel|
|Date:||Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:49:22 -0600|
|From:||"Maniaci, Joseph CTR MDA/DTGT/DES" <email@example.com>|
So I am using…
Perl Version: 5.012003
So I have this very weird issue where a cell is quasi-defined and quasi-undefined.
Whereas most implementations iterate through the cells using
My $cell = $worksheet->get_cell( $row, $col);
Next unless $cell;
My implementation is
If( defined $worksheet->get_cell($row, $col)
$newworksheet->write($row,$col, $cell->value(), $newformat);
$newworksheet->write($row, $col, $undef);
So the problem is that I have a cell that is defined; Within the bounds of rows and columns and has data just like any other cell, and yet it keeps going into the above else statement. Not only that but I used Padre to step through my code and eventually I entered the worksheet.pm file and entered the get_cell function and the bad cell behaved just as the good cells, it entered the
So it seems that worksheet.pm agrees that it is a defined cell. Yeh, when I step out of the get_cell() function and back to my code, it takes me to my else statement for undefined cells. Even more interesting is that I have 12 worksheets with the exact same column and row format, just different data, and two out of the twelve worksheets behave this way.
If absolutely necessary I can try to get the problematic excel spreadsheet, but it is on a classified network, so it might take some time. I was just hoping that I made a very simple mistake somewhere. I am also working on getting the new xlsx parse module to see what kind of difference it makes.
Thank you for any assistance.
Joseph M. Maniaci
Northrop Grumman Information Systems
DEPO/ Event Support