Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Perl-Dist-Strawberry CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 70198
Status: rejected
Priority: 0/
Queue: Perl-Dist-Strawberry

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: jjcassidy [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.7k
This is a bug report for perl from jjcassidy@gmail.com, generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.3. ----------------------------------------------------------------- The following code did not work as expected: my $each_action = shift if @_ == 1; my %params = @_ unless $each_action; until I put it into this form: my ( %params, $each_action ); if ( @_ == 1 ) { $each_action = shift; } else { %params = @_; } But not only that, until I found this, this failure affected other calling lexical scopes and reset variables to their initial value, instead of the value that they had acquired levels of closures down: sub search { my ( $self, $test ) = @_; my $where; my $found = 0; my $counter = 0; $self->descend( pre_each => sub { my $lvl = shift; my $ev_return = $lvl->each_value( sub { $counter++; my ( $name, $value ) = @_; say "\$name=$name"; say "\$value=$value"; return 1 unless $found = $test->( $value ); $where = { key => $lvl, name => $name, value => $value }; # when any intermediate function sees QUIT_FLAG, it # knows to return control to the method that called it. return QUIT_FLAG; }); say "\$found=$found"; say "\$where=$where"; return $ev_return; }); say "\$counter=$counter"; say "\$found=$found"; say "\$where=$where"; return unless $found; return $where; } They retained their value set in the each_value closure until the declaring scope. When I fixed the parameter code in each_level, it stopped wiping out the $counter, $found, and $where variables. [Please do not change anything below this line] ----------------------------------------------------------------- --- Flags: category=core severity=high --- Site configuration information for perl 5.12.3: Configured by 1 at Sun May 15 16:53:01 2011. Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 12 subversion 3) configuration: Platform: osname=MSWin32, osvers=5.1, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread uname='Win32 strawberryperl 5.12.3.0 #1 Sun May 15 09:44:53 2011 i386' config_args='undef' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define useperlio=define, d_sfio=undef, uselargefiles=define, usesocks=undef use64bitint=undef, use64bitall=undef, uselongdouble=undef usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef Compiler: cc='gcc', ccflags =' -s -O2 -DWIN32 -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -fno-strict-aliasing -mms-bitfields -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX', optimize='-s -O2', cppflags='-DWIN32' ccversion='', gccversion='4.4.3', gccosandvers='' intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234 d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12 ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='long long', lseeksize=8 alignbytes=8, prototype=define Linker and Libraries: ld='g++', ldflags ='-s -L"D:\strawberry\perl\lib\CORE" -L"D:\strawberry\c\lib"' libpth=D:\strawberry\c\lib D:\strawberry\c\i686-w64-mingw32\lib libs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 perllibs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 libc=, so=dll, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl512.a gnulibc_version='' Dynamic Linking: dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-mdll -s -L"D:\strawberry\perl\lib\CORE" -L"D:\strawberry\c\lib"' Locally applied patches: --- @INC for perl 5.12.3: D:/strawberry/perl/site/lib D:/strawberry/perl/vendor/lib D:/strawberry/perl/lib . --- Environment for perl 5.12.3: HOME (unset) LANG (unset) LANGUAGE (unset) LD_LIBRARY_PATH (unset) LOGDIR (unset) PATH=%SCSHAREDBIN%;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;D:\strawberry\c\bin;D:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;D:\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\ PERL_BADLANG (unset) PERL_JSON_BACKEND=JSON::XS PERL_YAML_BACKEND=YAML SHELL (unset)
On Wed Aug 10 11:17:29 2011, http://axeman.myopenid.com/ wrote: Show quoted text
> This is a bug report for perl from jjcassidy@gmail.com, > generated with the help of perlbug 1.39 running under perl 5.12.3. > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > The following code did not work as expected: > > my $each_action = shift if @_ == 1; > my %params = @_ unless $each_action;
And those two lines are BAD perl. They're equivalent to this, other than the fact that the scoping may or may not work right: if ($_ == 1) { my $each_action = shift; } unless ($each_action) { # which, under 'use strict', would blow up above, # because you are now outside the scope where # $each_action was defined. my %params = @_; } # Now %params and $each_action are both unaccessible, # because you are now outside their scopes. Better code would be: my ($each_action, %params); $each_action = shift if @_ == 1; %params = @_ unless $each_action; At any rate, this isn't a Strawberry-specific bug. closing.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.