Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the GD CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 67990
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: GD

People
Owner: LDS [...] cpan.org
Requestors: CHORNY [...] cpan.org
kmx [...] cpan.org
Cc: ROBINS [...] cpan.org
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: GD-2.46 does not work with perl 5.14.0-RC1
I crashes during simple:

my $image  = GD::Image->new(300,300);

Tested on MS Windows with exactly the same gd+png+jpg libraries that work on perl-5.12.2+GD-2.46

--
kmx
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 293b
On Fri May 06 09:08:38 2011, KMX wrote: Show quoted text
> I crashes during simple: > > my $image = GD::Image->new(300,300);
Same here (also on MS Windows) with the final release version of 5.14.0. Interestingly enough, it only happens with the 32-bit perl-5.14.0. The 64-bit build seems fine. Cheers, Rob
RT-Send-CC: kmx [...] cpan.org
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 243b
Turns out that the crash is avoided by simply removing from the Makefile.PL, the line: 'CCFLAGS' => '-Wformat=0', This line was introduced in the 2.44 Makefile.PL, and apparently didn't matter until we got to perl-5.14. Cheers, Rob
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 435b
On Wed May 25 10:41:09 2011, SISYPHUS wrote: Show quoted text
> Turns out that the crash is avoided by simply removing from the > Makefile.PL, the line: > > 'CCFLAGS' => '-Wformat=0', > > This line was introduced in the 2.44 Makefile.PL, and apparently didn't > matter until we got to perl-5.14.
Just noting that this is related to an issue we're currently investigating in Debian: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628522>
RT-Send-CC: kmx [...] cpan.org
In my case I didn't trigger this problem in 5.14 until I compiled perl with multiplicity.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 614b
'CCFLAGS' => "$Config{ccflags} -Wformat=0", fixes error for me On Tue May 31 07:54:39 2011, DOM wrote: Show quoted text
> On Wed May 25 10:41:09 2011, SISYPHUS wrote:
> > Turns out that the crash is avoided by simply removing from the > > Makefile.PL, the line: > > > > 'CCFLAGS' => '-Wformat=0', > > > > This line was introduced in the 2.44 Makefile.PL, and apparently didn't > > matter until we got to perl-5.14.
> > Just noting that this is related to an issue we're currently > investigating in Debian: > > <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628522>
-- Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 712b
On Sat Sep 03 07:51:18 2011, CHORNY wrote: Show quoted text
> 'CCFLAGS' => "$Config{ccflags} -Wformat=0", > fixes error for me > > On Tue May 31 07:54:39 2011, DOM wrote:
> > On Wed May 25 10:41:09 2011, SISYPHUS wrote:
> > > Turns out that the crash is avoided by simply removing from the > > > Makefile.PL, the line: > > > > > > 'CCFLAGS' => '-Wformat=0', > > > > > > This line was introduced in the 2.44 Makefile.PL, and apparently
didn't Show quoted text
> > > matter until we got to perl-5.14.
> > > > Just noting that this is related to an issue we're currently > > investigating in Debian: > > > > <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=628522>
>
Same here. Could we possibly get another release on CPAN?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 331b
On 2011-12-23 09:10:27, RIBASUSHI wrote: Show quoted text
> On Sat Sep 03 07:51:18 2011, CHORNY wrote:
> > 'CCFLAGS' => "$Config{ccflags} -Wformat=0", > > fixes error for me
> Same here. Could we possibly get another release on CPAN?
Same here using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. A CPAN release would make life easier (and improve cpantester scores :)
Fixed in 2.48. Thanks to Alexandr Ciornii for prodding me to address this.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.