Skip Menu |
 

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Math-Random-Secure CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 66954
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Math-Random-Secure

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: lpsolit [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Math::Random::Secure not available with ActivePerl 5.12
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:39:04 +0100
To: bug-Math-Random-Secure [...] rt.cpan.org
From: "Frédéric Buclin" <lpsolit [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 199b
Math::Random::Secure is only available on ActivePerl 5.8 and 5.10, but neither on 5.12 nor Windows 64-bits. This e.g. prevents Bugzilla 4.1.1 from being installed on Windows (I use ActivePerl 5.12).
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 657b
On Sat Mar 26 09:38:34 2011, lpsolit@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> Math::Random::Secure is only available on ActivePerl 5.8 and 5.10, but > neither on 5.12 nor Windows 64-bits. This e.g. prevents Bugzilla 4.1.1 > from being installed on Windows (I use ActivePerl 5.12).
Thanks! The right place to report this would be ActiveState. I don't control their build system and the errors I see on it don't seem to have anything to do with Math::Random::Secure itself. And yes, it is not available on 64-bit Windows. That is due to Win32::API not being available for 64-bit versions of Windows. See this RT ticket: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=55660
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #66954] Math::Random::Secure not available with ActivePerl 5.12
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 18:53:54 +0200
To: bug-Math-Random-Secure [...] rt.cpan.org
From: "Frédéric Buclin" <lpsolit [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 264b
Show quoted text
> And yes, it is not available on 64-bit Windows. That is due to > Win32::API not being available for 64-bit versions of Windows.
Win32::API 0.60, which has been released two weeks ago, has basic support for 64-bit. Isn't that enough for the needs of M::R::S?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 667b
On Tue Mar 29 12:53:19 2011, lpsolit@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> Win32::API 0.60, which has been released two weeks ago, has basic > support for 64-bit. Isn't that enough for the needs of M::R::S?
That's a good question, I haven't tested it yet. I wrote Math::Random::Secure in such a way that it would continue to work properly when Win32::API *did* support 64-bits, so if the support is there, then M::R::S should be working. It looks like ActiveState just needs to trigger a build again now that there is an updated Win32::API-- the last attempt was with Win32::API 0.59. jdb in #win32 on irc.perl.org is the person to talk to about ActiveState package building.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 317b
On Wed Mar 30 21:08:16 2011, MKANAT wrote: Show quoted text
> jdb in #win32 on irc.perl.org is the person to talk to about > ActiveState package building.
Okay, I actually just talked to him myself. The packages have been rebuilt successfully for the 64-bit platforms and should show up on the PPM servers within 24 hours. :-)
See last message.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.