Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Authen-SASL CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 63480
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Authen-SASL

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: steve [...] csbs.utah.edu
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



CC: "'gbarr [...] pobox.com'" <gbarr [...] pobox.com>
Subject: Authen::SASL::Perl::GSSAPI bug with ldaps
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:08:30 -0700
To: "'bug-Authen-SASL [...] rt.cpan.org'" <bug-Authen-SASL [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Steven L Jeffs <steve [...] csbs.utah.edu>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
I have a simple script based on the example. It binds ok but fails to search. The same script binds and searches successfully when not using "ldaps://". Seems like a bug. Any help is appreciated. Error message: Use of uninitialized value in numeric gt (>) at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Authen/SASL/Perl.pm line 255, <DATA> line 522. Script: #!/usr/local/bin/perl -w use strict; use Net::LDAP; use Authen::SASL qw(Perl); #my $adhost = 'myhost.com'; #vs my $adhost = 'ldaps://myhost.com'; my $ldap_base = 'DC=myhost,DC=com'; my $ldap_filter = '(&(sAMAccountName=ab999999))'; my $sasl = Authen::SASL->new(mechanism => 'GSSAPI'); my $ldap; eval { $ldap = Net::LDAP->new($adhost, onerror => 'die') or die "Cannot connect to LDAP host '$adhost': '$@'"; $ldap->bind(sasl => $sasl); }; if ($@) { chomp $@; die "\nBind error : $@", "\nDetailed SASL error: ", $sasl->error, "\nTerminated"; } print "\nLDAP bind() succeeded, working in authenticated state\n"; my $mesg = $ldap->search(base => $ldap_base, filter => $ldap_filter); foreach my $entry ( $mesg->entries ) { my $name = $entry->get_value( "cn" ); print $name . "\n"; } -Steve
Subject: [rt.cpan.org #63480]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 10:02:35 -0400
To: bug-Authen-SASL [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Craig Huckabee <huck [...] spawar.navy.mil>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 587b
I'm seeing this same error on a RHEL6 system using either the RedHat supplied Authen::SASL or the module built from CPAN. I've also tried using the CPAN version of Net::LDAP to see if that makes a difference. I've got an older RHEL5 system that has Authen::SASL 2.13 loaded that does not exhibit this behavior. In my case, this only happens when trying to talk to a Windows 2008 R2 based Active Directory domain over ldaps. 'ldap' works fine as in the other report on this issue. I'm happy to collect some more information to help debug this issue. Thanks, Craig


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.