Skip Menu |
 

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Dist-Zilla CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 63092
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Dist-Zilla

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: cpan.wade [...] anomaly.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Normal
Broken in: 4.102343
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: dzil build including blib directory and pm_to_blib file in distribution
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 514b
I had made a mistake in my dist.ini file that resulted in some incorrect dependencies. I updated Dist::Zilla to the newest version (4.102343), corrected my mistake and did a "dist build". I checked various files in the distribution directory to make sure I did not have any other mistakes and I found entries for all of the blib/lib files and the pm_to_blib file in the MANIFEST. So, I checked the tarball and found the same files there. These files are part of the build process and should not be distributed.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 332b
This appears to be an artifact of converting an old project to Dist::Zilla. On a clean copy of the directory this doesn't happen, so I downgraded the bug severity. However, it seems that this is likely to happen for someone converting to Dist::Zilla from another distribution tool (as I was), so it may still be worth looking into.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 167b
We really can't diagnose this problem based on what you've told us. What files were included that should not have been? Please show us your dist.ini, also -- rjbs
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
On Wed Nov 17 12:44:51 2010, RJBS wrote: Show quoted text
> We really can't diagnose this problem based on what you've told us. > What files were included > that should not have been? Please show us your dist.ini, also
The files included were: - pm_to_blib - blib/lib/* This was caused by updating a subversion sandbox from a pre-Dist::Zilla version of a module to a version that had been converted to Dist::Zilla. So, these files were left over from the last "perl Makefile.PL && make" call. Obviously, since these files were still in the directory (and I was used to seeing them because I'm new to Dist::Zilla) they were included into the distribution. Now, I understand why it happens. But it occurs to me that I can't be the only person who would run into this shortly after converting from a non-Dist::Zilla-ized version of a module to a Dist::Zilla-ized version. As such, it's possibly worth a message because it's a known issue. When I didn't understand the issue, it seemed to be a serious issue. Now that I understand it, it's much simpler. I'm not sure that the dist.ini file has any real effect as long as the [GatherDir] entry is there. I don't actually have access to that file at the moment. If you still need it, I'll try to get it from work.
This will be fixed by changes to PruneCruft in the next release. Thanks, Jesse L. -- rjbs


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.