Skip Menu |
 

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Mojolicious CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 61020
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Mojolicious

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: SHLOMIF [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in: 0.999929
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: UTF-8 output is broken
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 495b
Hi, the Test::WWW::Mechanize::Mojo tests started to fail and I've traced the problem to a mis-handling of Unicode character strings encoded as UTF-8 in mojjy.pl (the Mojo test app). This was OK a few releases back. I've tested it with the "perl mojjy.pl daemon" in the browser and it indeed displays the Unicode character as garbage. I'm attaching mojjy.pl but it can also be found along with failing tests here: http://search.cpan.org/dist/Test-WWW-Mechanize-Mojo/ Regards, -- Shlomi Fish
Subject: mojjy.pl
Download mojjy.pl
text/x-perl 3.8k
#!/usr/bin/env perl use Mojolicious::Lite; use MIME::Base64; use Encode qw//; use Cwd; sub html { my ( $title, $body ) = @_; return qq{ <html> <head><title>$title</title></head> <body> $body <a href="/hello/">Hello</a>. </body></html> }; } get '/check_auth_basic/' => sub { my $self = shift; my $auth = $self->req->headers->header("Authorization"); ($auth) = $auth =~ /Basic\s(.*)/i; $auth = decode_base64($auth); if ( $auth eq "user:pass" ) { my $html = html( "Auth", "This is the auth page" ); $self->render_text($html); return; } else { my $html = html( "Auth", "Auth Failed!" ); $self->render_text($html, status => "401",); return; } }; get "/hi" => sub { my $self = shift; $self->redirect_to('/hello'); return; }; get "/greetings" => sub { my $self = shift; # This relative URL is something that Catalyst eats and appears # in Catty.pm , but Mojo won't accept. # -- Shlomi Fish # $self->redirect_to('hello'); $self->redirect_to('/hello'); return; }; get "/bonjour" => sub { my $self = shift; $self->redirect_to('/hi'); return; }; get '/hello' => sub { my $self = shift; my $str = Encode::encode('utf-8', "\x{263A}"); # ☺ my $html = html( "Hello", "Hi there! $str" ); $self->res->headers->content_type("text/html; charset=utf-8"); $self->render_text($html); return; }; get '/redirect_with_500' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->redirect_to('/bonjour'); die "erk!"; }; get "/die/" => sub { my $self = shift; my $html = html( "Die", "This is the die page" ); $self->render_text($html); die "erk!"; }; sub _gzipped { my $self = shift; # If done properly this test should check the accept-encoding header, but we # control both ends, so just always gzip the response. require Compress::Zlib; my $html = html( "Hello", "Hi there! ☺" ); $self->res->headers->content_type("text/html; charset=utf-8"); $self->render_text( Compress::Zlib::memGzip($html) ); $self->res->headers->content_transfer_encoding('gzip'); $self->res->headers->add( 'Vary', 'Accept-Encoding' ); return; } get "/gzipped/" => \&_gzipped; get "/user_agent" => sub { my $self = shift; my $agent = $self->req->headers->user_agent(); my $html = html($agent, $agent); $self->render_text($html); $self->res->headers->content_type("text/html; charset=utf-8"); return; }; get "/host" => sub { my $self = shift; my $host = $self->req->headers->header('Host') || "<undef>"; my $html = html( "Foo", "Host: $host" ); $self->render_text($html); return; }; post "/form-submit" => sub { my $self = shift; my $html = html( "Foo", "Your email is " . $self->param("email")); $self->render_text($html); return; }; get "/form" => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render_text(<<'EOF'); <html> <head><title>Form test</title></head> <body> <form id="register" action="/form-submit" method="post"> <table> <tr> <td>Email:</td> <td><input name="email" /></td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <input type="submit" value="Submit" /> </td> </tr> </table> </form> </body></html> EOF return; }; get '/with-params' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render_text(sprintf("[%s]{%s}", $self->param('one'), $self->param('two'))); }; get '/:groovy' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render_text($self->param('groovy'), layout => 'funky'); }; get '/' => sub { my $self = shift; $self->render_text(html("Root", "This is the root page")); return; }; shagadelic; =head1 TODO * Add a status (Not logged-in / Logged in as something) ruler to the top. =cut __DATA__ @@ layouts/funky.html.ep <!doctype html><html> <head><title>Foo Bar</title></head> <body><%== content %></body> </html>
It's a bug in your application.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.