|Subject:||strawberryperl.com website suggestions|
I have the following suggestions concerning strawberryperl.com website
1/ - I propose the following new text for "Bug Reports" section
If you have a problem with the packaging of Strawberry, or anything broken out the box, please file a bug report (with as much details as possible) on our Request Tracker where you can slo find the already reported issues.
If your bug is with a specific module not working with Strawberry (for example, you tried to install it with the CPAN client, but it failed) please report the bug to the specific Request Tracker queue. You can find the link on the page for that module.
2/ - More Info Section
I propose to leave out links to Perl::Dist::WiX and Perl::Dist::Strawberry as for common user these are not so usefull (or replace it with a link to a page describing build process for strawberry release where all helper modules can be described). Maybe a link to "beta" page also might be placed here
I propose to order sections like this
- You've got Questions?
- Bug Reports
- Throwing Money at Your Problem
- More Information
I think it should be slightly more oriented on newcommers, therefore I would prefere to have
- a clear main heading like "Perl for Microsoft Windows"
- the first paragramh saying "Strawberry Perl is 100% free and open source perl enviroment for MS Windows containing all you need to run and develop perl applications." (or sommething similar)
- the 2nd + 3rd + other paragraphs should change depending on current releases and latest news
- I simply propose to have "not so much changing" main heading + 1st paragraph giving general info to newcommers