Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the SOAP-WSDL CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 56934
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: SOAP-WSDL

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: john.nicoara [...] ascom.ch
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: cannot install on Perl 5.8.8 /SunOS 5.10
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.6k
1) A try of installling with the CPAN's shell utility aborts on untaring ("Couldn't untar /export/home/bnici/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MK/MKUTTER/SOAP-WSDL-2.00.10.tar") (same syndrom after updating the CPAN module to the last version 1.9402) 2) Trying to do the installation manually (standard make procedure) fails immediately on 'perl Makefile.PL' : "Can't locate Module/Build/Compat.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at Makefile.PL line 3." 2.1) Install Modul::Build::Compat and retry 'perl Makefile.PL' => " # running Build.PL WARNING: the following files are missing in your kit: example/lib/MyInterfaces/FullerData_x0020_Fortune_x0020_Cookie/FullerData_x0020_Fortune_x0020_CookieSoap.pm Please inform the author. Checking prerequisites... requires: ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed ! Date::Format is not installed ! Date::Parse is not installed ! Template is not installed build_requires: ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed ! Date::Format is not installed ! Date::Parse is not installed ! Template is not installed ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You may wish to install the versions of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation Run 'Build installdeps' to install missing prerequisites. Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results Creating new 'Build' script for 'SOAP-WSDL' version '2.00.10' Prereq '0.0.5' for 'Class::Std::Fast' is not supported by Module::Build::Compat ". How could I go out of this deadlock? rgds john nicoara
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #56934] cannot install on Perl 5.8.8 /SunOS 5.10
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:54:05 +0200
To: bug-SOAP-WSDL [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Martin Kutter <martin.kutter [...] fen-net.de>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.6k
Hi, Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 10:21 -0400 schrieb john nicoara via RT: Show quoted text
> Mon Apr 26 10:21:50 2010: Request 56934 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by bnici > Queue: SOAP-WSDL > Subject: cannot install on Perl 5.8.8 /SunOS 5.10 > Broken in: (no value) > Severity: (no value) > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: john.nicoara@ascom.ch > Status: new > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=56934 >
Show quoted text
> 1) A try of installling with the CPAN's shell utility aborts on untaring > ("Couldn't untar > /export/home/bnici/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MK/MKUTTER/SOAP-WSDL-2.00.10.tar") > > (same syndrom after updating the CPAN module to the last version 1.9402)
This sounds like your platform does not have GNU tar, but some other variant. I remember vaguely that Solaris tar did not handle zipped tars, but it's there's been too much time to be sure. Show quoted text
> 2) Trying to do the installation manually (standard make procedure) > fails immediately on 'perl Makefile.PL' : > "Can't locate Module/Build/Compat.pm in @INC (@INC contains: > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) > at Makefile.PL line 3." > > 2.1) Install Modul::Build::Compat and retry 'perl Makefile.PL' => > " > # running Build.PL > WARNING: the following files are missing in your kit: > > example/lib/MyInterfaces/FullerData_x0020_Fortune_x0020_Cookie/FullerData_x0020_Fortune_x0020_CookieSoap.pm > Please inform the author. > > Checking prerequisites... > requires: > ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed > ! Date::Format is not installed > ! Date::Parse is not installed > ! Template is not installed > build_requires: > ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed > ! Date::Format is not installed > ! Date::Parse is not installed > ! Template is not installed > > ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You may wish to install the > versions of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this > installation > > Run 'Build installdeps' to install missing prerequisites.
Have you tried "./Build installdeps" as the error message suggests? Show quoted text
> Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results > Creating new 'Build' script for 'SOAP-WSDL' version '2.00.10' > Prereq '0.0.5' for 'Class::Std::Fast' is not supported by > Module::Build::Compat > ". > > How could I go out of this deadlock?
Probably you just need to install Module::Build - and maybe you need to tweak your platform a bit. You can configure the CPAN module by typing "o conf" into the cpan shell. Regards, Martin
Subject: cannot install SOAP::WSDL on Perl 5.8.8 /SunOS 5.10
From: john.nicoara [...] ascom.ch
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.4k
Hello Martin To my point 1): --------------- the platform has the correct tar, I never had before problems on this aspect when using the cpan utility. But nevertheless it does not matter any more, as I could install the package manually (cf. point 2) To my point 2): --------------- I should have read first your README file... Following the 'Build' way (instead of make) the installation have succeeded! Unfortunately the ulitmate test with the SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Test transport backend is til now successless. I'll come back on the subject tomorrow after having got more test results. rgds john On Tue Apr 27 14:54:23 2010, martin.kutter@fen-net.de wrote: Show quoted text
> Hi, > > > Am Montag, den 26.04.2010, 10:21 -0400 schrieb john nicoara via RT:
> > Mon Apr 26 10:21:50 2010: Request 56934 was acted upon. > > Transaction: Ticket created by bnici > > Queue: SOAP-WSDL > > Subject: cannot install on Perl 5.8.8 /SunOS 5.10 > > Broken in: (no value) > > Severity: (no value) > > Owner: Nobody > > Requestors: john.nicoara@ascom.ch > > Status: new > > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=56934 >
>
> > 1) A try of installling with the CPAN's shell utility aborts on
> untaring
> > ("Couldn't untar > > /export/home/bnici/.cpan/sources/authors/id/M/MK/MKUTTER/SOAP-WSDL-
> 2.00.10.tar")
> > > > (same syndrom after updating the CPAN module to the last version
> 1.9402) > > This sounds like your platform does not have GNU tar, but some other > variant. I remember vaguely that Solaris tar did not handle zipped > tars, > but it's there's been too much time to be sure. >
> > 2) Trying to do the installation manually (standard make procedure) > > fails immediately on 'perl Makefile.PL' : > > "Can't locate Module/Build/Compat.pm in @INC (@INC contains: > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.8 > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i86pc-solaris > > /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
> .)
> > at Makefile.PL line 3." > > > > 2.1) Install Modul::Build::Compat and retry 'perl Makefile.PL' => > > " > > # running Build.PL > > WARNING: the following files are missing in your kit: > > > >
>
example/lib/MyInterfaces/FullerData_x0020_Fortune_x0020_Cookie/FullerDat a_x0020_Fortune_x0020_CookieSoap.pm Show quoted text
> > Please inform the author. > > > > Checking prerequisites... > > requires: > > ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed > > ! Date::Format is not installed > > ! Date::Parse is not installed > > ! Template is not installed > > build_requires: > > ! Class::Std::Fast is not installed > > ! Date::Format is not installed > > ! Date::Parse is not installed > > ! Template is not installed > > > > ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You may wish to install the > > versions of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this > > installation > > > > Run 'Build installdeps' to install missing prerequisites.
> > Have you tried "./Build installdeps" as the error message suggests? >
> > Creating new 'MYMETA.yml' with configuration results > > Creating new 'Build' script for 'SOAP-WSDL' version '2.00.10' > > Prereq '0.0.5' for 'Class::Std::Fast' is not supported by > > Module::Build::Compat > > ". > > > > How could I go out of this deadlock?
> > Probably you just need to install Module::Build - and maybe you need > to > tweak your platform a bit. You can configure the CPAN module by typing > "o conf" into the cpan shell. > > Regards, > > Martin > >
Subject: use of SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Loopback
From: john.nicoara [...] ascom.ch
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.6k
Hello again As promised, here my results of using SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Test or ::Loopback (point 2 below). With both variants the usage as indicated in package synopsis fails due to inconsistencies. ->new() without parameters (as indicated in synopsis): the transport is undefined: use SOAP::WSDL::Client; use SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Loopback; $soap = SOAP::WSDL::Client->new() ->get_transport->set_base_dir('.'); "Can't call method "set_base_dir" on an undefined value at wsdl_loopback_test.pl line 40." ->new(proxy=> <some endpoint>'): define HTTP transport: $soap = SOAP::WSDL::Client->new( {proxy=>'http://arcweb.esri.com/services/v2/PlaceFinderSample' }) ->get_transport->set_base_dir('.'); "Can't locate object method "set_base_dir" via package "SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Loopback" at wsdl_loopback_test.pl line 40." Could you propose an error-free usage alternative ? thanks a lot & best rgds john On Wed Apr 28 12:51:18 2010, bnici wrote: Show quoted text
> Hello Martin > > To my point 1): > --------------- > the platform has the correct tar, I never had before problems on this > aspect when using the cpan utility. But nevertheless it does not
matter Show quoted text
> any more, as I could install the package manually (cf. point 2) > > To my point 2): > --------------- > I should have read first your README file... Following the 'Build'
way Show quoted text
> (instead of make) the installation have succeeded! > Unfortunately the ulitmate test with the SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Test > transport backend is til now successless. I'll come back on the
subject Show quoted text
> tomorrow after having got more test results. > > rgds > john >
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 674b
On Thu Apr 29 11:11:05 2010, bnici wrote: Show quoted text
> Hello again > > As promised, here my results of using SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Test > or ::Loopback (point 2 below).
Could you please open a new ticket for your SOAP::WSDL::Transport::Test failure, if it is still a problem? I just uploaded SOAP-WSDL-3.00.0_1.tar.gz to PAUSE. The CPAN admins were kind enough to grant me co-maint on this module. It looks like the original report in the this ticket was resolved, but switching from Module::Build to Make::Maker along with newer package managers (cpanm) should also resolve that, or else introduce new variations of problems, so I'd like to close this ticket if I can. Thanks!
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 307b
This ticket should be closed, to clear it off the queue. The original issue was resolved and the second issue mentioned in the comments should be reported in a separate ticket—if it exists—with full test script provided, not just a 2-line excerpt. -- Cheers, ZZ [ https://metacpan.org/author/ZOFFIX ]


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.