Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Perl-Dist-Strawberry CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
55169
Status:
resolved
Priority:
Low/Low

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
kmx [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
Critical
Broken in:
(no value)
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: patch.exe does not work on Windows7 + UAC turned on
Hi,

I have experienced diffculties with patch.exe utility on Windows 7 when UAC was turned on.

When I (or some script) tried to start patch.exe I got UAC prompt and even if I confirmed launching patch.exe it does not work well.

1/ I have googled this solution:
http://butnottoohard.blogspot.com/2010/01/windows-7-chronicles-gnu-patch-mtexe.html

2/ I have rebuilt patch.exe binaries to be Win7+UAC ready:
http://strawberryperl.com/package/kmx/32_tools/32bit_patch-2.5.9-7-bin_20100110_UAC.zip
http://strawberryperl.com/package/kmx/64_tools/64bit_patch-2.5.9-7-bin_20100110_UAC.zip

Please consider using my new patch.exe binary in the next Strawberry release.

--
kmx
I'll get this done when I'm awake. I like this. Expect to see a revision number and "refers to" link that uses these binaries added to this bug within the next 24 hours. (I've been building in a WinXP VM, but I was going to run into this once I started building the 64-bit versions, which I couldn't do there.)
Patched in r11502. (see "Refers to" for svnweb-ish URL.) I renamed the files after verifying them (I insert the "first use" date as well as the build date, and the "bitness" is defined by the directory they're in), but they are the _UAC ones.


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.