Skip Menu |

This queue is for tickets about the Audio-Play-MPlayer CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 55052
Status: new
Priority: 0/
Queue: Audio-Play-MPlayer

Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: axe [...]

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)

Subject: State change bug
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:26:26 -0600
To: <bug-Audio-Play-MPlayer [...]>
From: "Axe" <axe [...]>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 940b
Module version: 0.02 PERL version: perl5 (revision 5 version 10 subversion 0) mplayer version: 1.0rc2-4.3.2-DFSG-free OS Version: Debian Lenny (2.6.26-2-amd64) Most (all?) of my mp3s played never report a "completed" playback. For example, the output will "complete" with the following line: A: 25.8 (25.7) of 26.0 (26.0) 0.6% That means the {state} of the module will never leave "2", even though the the file has finished playback. To work around this issue on my end, I added an extra variable to the 'parse' function: my $catch = 0; And at the line before the return; I add in: if ( $catch == 0 && $self->{state} == 2 ) { $self->{state} = 0; } Which will obviously force it into a {state} of no playback, so that the calling script can continue working without believing the file is never-ending. While I feel this is a bug in mplayer (And will report it to them also), I wanted to give you a heads up on the issue.
Subject: [ #55052]
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 19:54:03 -0600
To: <bug-Audio-Play-MPlayer [...]>
From: "Axe" <axe [...]>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 158b
I neglected to mention in my work-around, I add: $catch =1; ..right after the start of the 'while' loop that's parsing the buffered output from mplayer.

This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on infrastructure.

Please report any issues with to