Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the MediaWiki-API CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 52989
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: MediaWiki-API

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: gms8994 [...] dp.cx
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Wishlist
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Ability to specify a "dry" run
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 225b
It would be nice if MediaWiki::API supported the ability to suggest that no edits should actually be done. This way, code can be tested against a MediaWiki installation, without actually changing anything within the Wiki.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 567b
On Tue Dec 22 21:58:15 2009, gms8994 wrote: Show quoted text
> It would be nice if MediaWiki::API supported the ability to suggest that > no edits should actually be done. This way, code can be tested against a > MediaWiki installation, without actually changing anything within the > Wiki.
to do this, I would have to check all api actions that can "change" data, and if mediawiki ever added a new one, it wouldnt detect it. Why not just simulate this in your app, by making your own function call that passes the data onto the api via my module, but checks a flag you have set?
From: gms8994 [...] dp.cx
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 436b
On Wed Dec 23 16:13:49 2009, exobuzz wrote: Show quoted text
> to do this, I would have to check all api actions that can "change" > data, and if mediawiki ever added a new one, it wouldnt detect it. Why > not just simulate this in your app, by making your own function call > that passes the data onto the api via my module, but checks a flag you > have set?
I was thinking specifically on the $mw->edit() method, but I guess this would be simpler...
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 307b
On Wed Dec 23 20:43:24 2009, gms8994 wrote: Show quoted text
> I was thinking specifically on the $mw->edit() method, but I guess this > would be simpler...
That would be possible I guess, although I would have to make it clear it wouldnt affect anyone using the ->api call directly. Will get back to you about this soon.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.