|Subject:||PPI misparses "pack'H*'" as Token::Word "pack'H" ...|
The sample code turned up in Crypt::CBC. I do not know how many other cases of this sort of thing are in the wild. A proposed fix has been submitted as svn update 9292. I took the liberty of making the code hash-based, rather than adding things to the regexps, and while I was in it I added 'unpack', 'gt', 'ge', 'lt', and 'le', and tests for all the special cases. But I suspect a complete fix is going to require the name of every Perl built-in to be in the hash; whether there is a better way I know not. I think there is a B:: module that has a list of built-ins, but this would not work for (e.g.) analyzing Perl 5.010 code under Perl 5.008.