|Subject:||1.39 doesn't work due to DOS line endings|
|Date:||Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:11:23 +0100|
|From:||gregor herrmann <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
Hi, yesterday I tried to update the Debian package of Locale::Subcountry to 1.39. The very first test fails, and after digging around for a while I found the reason: the files are changed to DOS line endings (compared to 1.38). The actual problem is in lib/Locale/SubCountry.pm in line 390, where "$current_line eq '<country>'" doesn't match anything from __DATA__ anymore because of the \r\n. I see three options: * convert the file(s) back to UNIX style line endings * change line 390 to something like =~ m/^<country>/ * drop the \r from $current_line before line 390 I guess version 1 is the simplest way to go :) Cheers, gregor, Debian Perl Group -- .''`.| gpg key ID: 0x00F3CFE4 : :' : debian: the universal operating system - `. `' member of | how to reply: `- NP: Queen: You Take My Breath Away
Message body not shown because it is not plain text.