Skip Menu |

This queue is for tickets about the XML-LibXML CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 30261
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: XML-LibXML

Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: dserrano5 [...]

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)

Subject: Segmentation fault when extracting elements from an XML chunk
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:47:33 +0200
To: bug-XML-LibXML [...]
From: "David Serrano" <dserrano5 [...]>
The following script causes a segfault on my machine: #!/usr/bin/perl ## the version of XML::LibXML installed in the system ## is 1.63, so I tried installing 1.65 here: BEGIN { unshift @INC, '/tmp/pm/lib/perl/5.8.8'; } use warnings; use strict; use XML::LibXML; print "Version: ", $XML::LibXML::VERSION, "\n"; my $parser = XML::LibXML->new; my $item = $parser->parse_balanced_chunk (<<'EOT'); <item> <title>Insert title here</title> <link>http://foo/bar.html</link> <description>Insert description here</description> <guid isPermaLink="false">foobar@19700101:000000+0000</guid> </item> EOT my $title = $item->findvalue ('//title'); print "Still alive!\n"; my $date = $item->findvalue ('//guid'); print "Still alive!\n"; print "got title ($title) and date ($date)\n"; __END__ I don't know if it's related with XML::LibXML or libxml2. I've tried it on two boxes with libxml versions 2.6.27 and 2.6.30. This has been minimally discussed in, where I was told to report it as a bug. Thank you, -- David Serrano
Fixed in SubVersion. Thanks a lot! -- Petr

This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on infrastructure.

Please report any issues with to