This queue is for tickets about the XML-LibXSLT CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
29755
Status:
rejected
Priority:
Low/Low
Queue:

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
jerle.dev [...] free.fr
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
Critical
Broken in:
1.63
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: LibXSLT coredumps after transform() called on Solaris 5.10
Hi, I've installed XML::LibXSLT-1.63 and XML::LibXML-1.65 on Solaris and can successfully transform XML documents through XSL stylesheets. However, once XML::LibXSLT::transform() has been called, Perl coredumps when it tries to dispose of the XML parser and the XSLT object (usually when exiting the scope where they have been instanciated). This happens both in command line and under mod_perl. I've attached a simple test script (based on http://search.cpan.org/dist/XML-LibXSLT/LibXSLT.pm#SYNOPSIS) and the backtrace extracted with gdb from the corefile it produced. Can you reproduce the coredump with this test script or is it something I did wrong during XML-LibXSLT's installation? Here is a few extra information on my machine: 'uname -a' returned 'SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-10 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200 Solaris' 'perl -v' returned 'v5.8.6 for sun4-solaris' I've also reported this issue in CPAN forums: http://www.cpanforum.com/posts/6147 Thank you in advance
Subject: libxslt-coredumps.sh

Message body not shown because it is not plain text.

Subject: libxslt-backtrace.txt
gdb /bin/perl core bt #0 0xfef8857c in xmlDictOwns (dict=0x134440, str=0x138610 "Hello LibXSLT") at dict.c:872 #1 0xfeed36fc in xmlFreeNodeList (cur=0x139718) at tree.c:3397 #2 0xfeed0b74 in xmlFreeDoc (cur=0x139400) at tree.c:1224 #3 0xfee0bab8 in PmmFreeNode () from {perl_install_path}/perl-5.8.6/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.so #4 0xfee0bc78 in PmmREFCNT_dec () from {perl_install_path}/perl-5.8.6/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.so #5 0xfeded1b0 in XS_XML__LibXML__Node_DESTROY () from {perl_install_path}/perl-5.8.6/lib/site_perl/5.8.6/sun4-solaris/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.so #6 0x00089d20 in Perl_pp_entersub () #7 0x00028f8c in S_call_body () #8 0x00028cac in Perl_call_sv () #9 0x00092eb0 in Perl_sv_clear () #10 0x000936ac in Perl_sv_free () #11 0x00097800 in Perl_sv_unref_flags () #12 0x0009168c in Perl_sv_force_normal_flags () #13 0x000ac5d8 in Perl_leave_scope () #14 0x000aa144 in Perl_pop_scope () #15 0x0002cec4 in S_my_exit_jump () #16 0x0002cc64 in Perl_my_exit () #17 0x000b4af4 in Perl_pp_exit () #18 0x00081928 in Perl_runops_standard () #19 0x000284cc in S_run_body () #20 0x000280e8 in perl_run () #21 0x00024ce0 in main ()
I cannot reproduce this problem under Linux. Valgrind (a tool that reveals memory-related problems) indicate nothing wrong when I run your sample. You didn't indicate the version of libxslt you have installed. Please upgrade to the latest libxml2 and libxslt from xmlsoft.org and try again. Please reopen the bug if you can reproduce the problem with the latest versions. -- Petr


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.