Skip Menu |
 

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Devel-Cover CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 24599
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Devel-Cover

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: jonasbn [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Normal
Broken in:
  • 0.60
  • 0.61
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Some classes not covered
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.8k
My problem is that some of the modules do not get covered, these are core modules for the application and they are used everywhere. Suggestions to what I might be doing wrong are welcome - I have btw never seen these merging statements before Perl: This is perl, v5.8.6 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level (with 3 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail) OS: Darwin hyperstation.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon Sep 25 19:42:00 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386 Output: All tests successful. Files=36, Tests=287, 79 wallclock secs (75.05 cusr + 2.45 csys = 77.50 CPU) cover Reading database from /Users/jonasbn/develop/svn-cph.pm/trunk/modules/Games-Bino/cover_db Devel::Cover: merging data for blib/lib/Games/Bingo/Column.pm into lib/Games/Bigo/Column.pm Devel::Cover: merging data for lib/Games/Bingo.pm into blib/lib/Games/Bingo.pm Devel::Cover: merging data for lib/Games/Bingo/Card.pm into blib/lib/Games/Bing/Card.pm Devel::Cover: merging data for blib/lib/Games/Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm into li/Games/Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt bran cond sub pod time total ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ blib/lib/Games/Bingo.pm n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a blib/lib/Games/Bingo/Card.pm n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a lib/Games/Bingo/Column.pm 90.0 60.0 33.3 100.0 100.0 45.3 86.4 ...Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm 79.5 61.5 33.3 100.0 100.0 54.1 77.0 lib/Games/Bingo/Constants.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 n/a 0.6 100.0 Total 85.7 61.1 33.3 100.0 100.0 100.0 82.8 ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.7k
On Fri Jan 26 07:59:38 2007, JONASBN wrote: Show quoted text
> My problem is that some of the modules do not get covered, these are > core modules for the application and they are used everywhere. > > Suggestions to what I might be doing wrong are welcome - I have btw > never seen these merging statements before > > Perl: > > This is perl, v5.8.6 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level > (with 3 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail) > > OS: > > Darwin hyperstation.local 8.8.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Mon Sep 25 > 19:42:00 PDT 2006; root:xnu-792.13.8.obj~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386 > > Output: > > All tests successful. > Files=36, Tests=287, 79 wallclock secs (75.05 cusr + 2.45 csys =
77.50 CPU) Show quoted text
> cover > Reading database from > /Users/jonasbn/develop/svn-cph.pm/trunk/modules/Games-Bino/cover_db > Devel::Cover: merging data for blib/lib/Games/Bingo/Column.pm into > lib/Games/Bigo/Column.pm > Devel::Cover: merging data for lib/Games/Bingo.pm into > blib/lib/Games/Bingo.pm > Devel::Cover: merging data for lib/Games/Bingo/Card.pm into > blib/lib/Games/Bing/Card.pm > Devel::Cover: merging data for blib/lib/Games/Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm > into li/Games/Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm > > > ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ > ------ > File stmt bran cond sub pod time > total > ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ > ------ > blib/lib/Games/Bingo.pm n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a > n/a > blib/lib/Games/Bingo/Card.pm n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a n/a > n/a > lib/Games/Bingo/Column.pm 90.0 60.0 33.3 100.0 100.0 45.3 > 86.4 > ...Bingo/ColumnCollection.pm 79.5 61.5 33.3 100.0 100.0 54.1 > 77.0 > lib/Games/Bingo/Constants.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 n/a 0.6 > 100.0 > Total 85.7 61.1 33.3 100.0 100.0 100.0 > 82.8 > ---------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ > ------
Hello again, I experienced the problem described in this ticket with another piece of software. So I returned to Games::Bingo, since this distribution gave a better overview. So I cleaned the code a bit and oops the coverage worked again. So the problem described was clearly my mistake, but Devel::Cover did not offer much assistance. The problem seemed to be modules being loaded several times, so the coverage stats disappeared at some point. Also the classes I had implemented had circular references. I have investigated this a bit further and my problems seemed to be caused by BEGIN { use_ok( .. ); }; statements. I will attempt to isolate this even further, but you are welcome to close the ticket and make a note that I owe your a beer or something.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 522b
Thanks very much for this report. I'm going to close the ticket now since I don't think there's much benefit to be had from keeping it open. I've run Games::Bingo through the latest version of Devel::Cover and everything seems to be working properly. In the interim, there has also been some work around the area of merging coverage for identical files, so I hope that the underlying problem is also fixed. I've added Games::Bingo to cpancover which should help to flag any similar future problems. Thanks again.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.