Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the DBD-mysql CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 21901
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: DBD-mysql

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: ovid [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Critical
Broken in: 3.0007_1
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Segfault
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.6k
In trying resolve a bug very similar to what's described in http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg28459.html, I attempted to upgrade to 3.0006 but I get the same compilation errors as described in http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=21562 Since this is a dev box, I went ahead and took a chance with 3.0007_01. All but one test passed: DBD-mysql-3.0007_1 $ prove -blv t/texecute.t t/texecute....DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1 at t/texecute.t line 46. 1..9 ok 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok 5 ok 6 not ok 7 ok 8 ok 9 FAILED test 7 Failed 1/9 tests, 88.89% okay Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- t/texecute.t 9 1 7 Failed 1/1 test scripts. 1/9 subtests failed. Files=1, Tests=9, 0 wallclock secs ( 0.09 cusr + 0.02 csys = 0.10 CPU) Failed 1/1 test programs. 1/9 subtests failed. That looked like a typical db information leak like I see in a lot of bad tests, so I ignored it (silly me). It may be a red herring, however. I went ahead and installed and ran some code and got this: shared_cp $ bin/db 199 FREE ERROR BIND!FREE ERROR FBIND!FREE ERROR BIND!FREE ERROR FBIND!FREE ERROR BIND!FREE ERROR FBIND!Segmentation fault (core dumped) An attempt to reproduce the erros with a small test case failed (and, in fact, showed that the bug I was first working on was eliminated). However, I cannot send a DBI->trace because the SQL statements involved have sensitive information I'm not at liberty to reveal. Sorry about that. Cheers, Ovid DBD-mysql-3.0007_1 $ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 8 subversion 7) configuration: Platform: osname=freebsd, osvers=4.10-stable, archname=i386-freebsd-64int uname='freebsd server31.donc.donhost.co.uk 4.10-stable freebsd 4.10-stable #3: wed jun 2 16:43:14 bst 2004 root@server31.donhost.co.uk:usrobjusrsrcsysdonhost i386 ' config_args='-sde -Dprefix=/usr/local -Darchlib=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach -Dprivlib=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7 -Dman3dir=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/perl/man/man3 -Dman1dir=/usr/local/man/man1 -Dsitearch=/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach -Dsitelib=/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 -Dscriptdir=/usr/local/bin -Dsiteman3dir=/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/man/man3 -Dsiteman1dir=/usr/local/man/man1 -Ui_malloc -Ui_iconv -Uinstallusrbinperl -Dcc=cc -Duseshrplib -Dccflags=-DAPPLLIB_EXP="/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN" -Doptimize=-O -pipe -Ud_dosuid -Ui_gdbm -Dusethreads=n -Dusemymalloc=y -Duse64bitint' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef usemultiplicity=undef useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef use64bitint=define use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef usemymalloc=y, bincompat5005=undef Compiler: cc='cc', ccflags ='-DAPPLLIB_EXP="/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN" -D_THREAD_SAFE -DHAS_FPSETMASK -DHAS_FLOATINGPOINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include', optimize='-O -pipe', cppflags='-DAPPLLIB_EXP="/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN" -D_THREAD_SAFE -DHAS_FPSETMASK -DHAS_FLOATINGPOINT_H -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include' ccversion='', gccversion='2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]', gccosandvers='' intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=12345678 d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12 ivtype='long long', ivsize=8, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=8 alignbytes=4, prototype=define Linker and Libraries: ld='cc', ldflags ='-pthread -Wl,-E -L/usr/local/lib' libpth=/usr/lib /usr/local/lib libs=-lm -lcrypt -lutil perllibs=-lm -lcrypt -lutil libc=, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so gnulibc_version='' Dynamic Linking: dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach/CORE' cccdlflags='-DPIC -fPIC', lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib' Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): Compile-time options: USE_64_BIT_INT USE_LARGE_FILES Locally applied patches: defined-or Built under freebsd Compiled at Aug 22 2005 12:55:03 @INC: /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/BSDPAN /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7/mach /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.7
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 186b
This looks like the same problem as http://bugs.mysql.com/20559 which is resolved in the development sources for DBD::mysql (and in the next release, 4.001). Thanks for the bug report.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.