Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the HTTP-Server-Simple CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 21369
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: HTTP-Server-Simple

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: LGODDARD [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Critical
Broken in: 0.20
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Fails Tests
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.3k
C:\.cpan\build>cd HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20 C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>perl Makefile.PL Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for HTTP::Server::Simple C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>nmake test Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple.pm cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI/Environment.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI\Environment.pm cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI.pm C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -Mblib -IC:\Perl\lib -e "use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @A RGV;" t\00smoke.t t\01live.t t\02pod.t t\03podcoverage.t t\04cgi.t Using C:/.cpan/build/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20/blib t\00smoke..........ok t\01live...........ok 2/10The Unsupported function alarm function is unimplemented at t\01live.t line 114, <DATA> line 1 6. # Looks like you planned 10 tests but only ran 2. # Looks like your test died just after 2. [CTRL-C'd] Show quoted text
>perl -V
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. X:\>perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 6 subversion 1) configuration: Platform: osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread uname='' config_args='undef' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=define usemultiplicity=define useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=undef usesocks=undef use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef Compiler: cc='cl', ccflags ='-nologo -O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 - D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CO NTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX', optimize='-O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG', cppflags='-DWIN32' ccversion='', gccversion='', gccosandvers='' intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234 d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10 ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', lseeksize=4 alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define Linker and Libraries: ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf - libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86' libpth="C:\Perl\lib\CORE" libs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib perllibs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32. lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes, libperl=perl56.lib Dynamic Linking: dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug - opt:ref,icf -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86 ' Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS Locally applied patches: ActivePerl Build 638 Built under MSWin32 Compiled at Apr 13 2004 19:24:21 @INC: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib . X:\>
CC: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #21369] Fails Tests
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:29:29 -0400
To: lee via RT <bug-HTTP-Server-Simple [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: jesse <jesse [...] fsck.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.1k
A patch from someone win32-knowledgable would be quite useful. (Though really, I suspect that this will work better on a win32 5.8). Unfortunately, there's no way to mark a module as 5.6.1 on anything but win32 and 5.8.1 or newer on win32. On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:53:21AM -0400, lee via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> > Thu Sep 07 07:53:20 2006: Request 21369 was acted upon. > Transaction: Ticket created by LGODDARD > Queue: HTTP-Server-Simple > Subject: Fails Tests > Broken in: 0.20 > Severity: Critical > Owner: Nobody > Requestors: LGODDARD@cpan.org > Status: new > Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=21369 > > > > C:\.cpan\build>cd HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20 > > C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>perl Makefile.PL > Checking if your kit is complete... > Looks good > Writing Makefile for HTTP::Server::Simple > > C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>nmake test > > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 > Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. > > cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple.pm > cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI/Environment.pm > blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI\Environment.pm > cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI.pm > C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -Mblib -IC:\Perl\lib -e "use > Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @A > RGV;" t\00smoke.t t\01live.t t\02pod.t t\03podcoverage.t t\04cgi.t > Using C:/.cpan/build/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20/blib > t\00smoke..........ok > t\01live...........ok 2/10The Unsupported function alarm function is > unimplemented at t\01live.t line 114, <DATA> line 1 > 6. > # Looks like you planned 10 tests but only ran 2. > # Looks like your test died just after 2. > > [CTRL-C'd] >
> >perl -V
> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] > (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. > > X:\>perl -V > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 6 subversion 1) configuration: > Platform: > osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread > uname='' > config_args='undef' > hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef > usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=define > usemultiplicity=define > useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=undef usesocks=undef > use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef > Compiler: > cc='cl', ccflags ='-nologo -O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 - > D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CO > NTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX', > optimize='-O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG', > cppflags='-DWIN32' > ccversion='', gccversion='', gccosandvers='' > intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234 > d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10 > ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', > lseeksize=4 > alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define > Linker and Libraries: > ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf - > libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86' > libpth="C:\Perl\lib\CORE" > libs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib > winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib > oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib > version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib > perllibs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib > winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32. > lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib > version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib > libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes, libperl=perl56.lib > Dynamic Linking: > dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' > cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug - > opt:ref,icf -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86 > ' > > > Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): > Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS > PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS > Locally applied patches: > ActivePerl Build 638 > Built under MSWin32 > Compiled at Apr 13 2004 19:24:21 > @INC: > C:/Perl/lib > C:/Perl/site/lib > . > > X:\> >
--
CC: LGODDARD [...] cpan.org
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #21369] Fails Tests
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 23:12:16 +0100
To: bug-HTTP-Server-Simple [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Lee Goddard <lee [...] leegoddard.net>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 4.5k
I'm not sure what you mean by 'mark a module' but can't you add to the Makefile.PL an OS and version test? Jesse via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=21369 > > > A patch from someone win32-knowledgable would be quite useful. (Though > really, I suspect that this will work better on a win32 5.8). > > Unfortunately, there's no way to mark a module as 5.6.1 on anything but > win32 and 5.8.1 or newer on win32. > > On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:53:21AM -0400, lee via RT wrote: >
>> Thu Sep 07 07:53:20 2006: Request 21369 was acted upon. >> Transaction: Ticket created by LGODDARD >> Queue: HTTP-Server-Simple >> Subject: Fails Tests >> Broken in: 0.20 >> Severity: Critical >> Owner: Nobody >> Requestors: LGODDARD@cpan.org >> Status: new >> Ticket <URL: http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=21369 > >> >> >> C:\.cpan\build>cd HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20 >> >> C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>perl Makefile.PL >> Checking if your kit is complete... >> Looks good >> Writing Makefile for HTTP::Server::Simple >> >> C:\.cpan\build\HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20>nmake test >> >> Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 >> Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. >> >> cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple.pm >> cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI/Environment.pm >> blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI\Environment.pm >> cp lib/HTTP/Server/Simple/CGI.pm blib\lib\HTTP\Server\Simple\CGI.pm >> C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -Mblib -IC:\Perl\lib -e "use >> Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @A >> RGV;" t\00smoke.t t\01live.t t\02pod.t t\03podcoverage.t t\04cgi.t >> Using C:/.cpan/build/HTTP-Server-Simple-0.20/blib >> t\00smoke..........ok >> t\01live...........ok 2/10The Unsupported function alarm function is >> unimplemented at t\01live.t line 114, <DATA> line 1 >> 6. >> # Looks like you planned 10 tests but only ran 2. >> # Looks like your test died just after 2. >> >> [CTRL-C'd] >> >>
>>> perl -V >>>
>> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] >> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. >> >> X:\>perl -V >> Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 6 subversion 1) configuration: >> Platform: >> osname=MSWin32, osvers=4.0, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread >> uname='' >> config_args='undef' >> hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef >> usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=define >> usemultiplicity=define >> useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=undef usesocks=undef >> use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef >> Compiler: >> cc='cl', ccflags ='-nologo -O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG -DWIN32 - >> D_CONSOLE -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CO >> NTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -DPERL_MSVCRT_READFIX', >> optimize='-O1 -MD -Zi -DNDEBUG', >> cppflags='-DWIN32' >> ccversion='', gccversion='', gccosandvers='' >> intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234 >> d_longlong=undef, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=10 >> ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t', >> lseeksize=4 >> alignbytes=8, usemymalloc=n, prototype=define >> Linker and Libraries: >> ld='link', ldflags ='-nologo -nodefaultlib -debug -opt:ref,icf - >> libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86' >> libpth="C:\Perl\lib\CORE" >> libs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib >> winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib >> oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib >> version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib >> perllibs= oldnames.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib >> winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32. >> lib oleaut32.lib netapi32.lib uuid.lib wsock32.lib mpr.lib winmm.lib >> version.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib msvcrt.lib >> libc=msvcrt.lib, so=dll, useshrplib=yes, libperl=perl56.lib >> Dynamic Linking: >> dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' >> cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-dll -nologo -nodefaultlib -debug - >> opt:ref,icf -libpath:"C:\Perl\lib\CORE" -machine:x86 >> ' >> >> >> Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): >> Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS >> PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS >> Locally applied patches: >> ActivePerl Build 638 >> Built under MSWin32 >> Compiled at Apr 13 2004 19:24:21 >> @INC: >> C:/Perl/lib >> C:/Perl/site/lib >> . >> >> X:\> >> >>
> >
-- Lee Goddard Server-side Systems Ltd London N1 :: 0208 369 6832
Download lee.vcf
text/x-vcard 238b

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.

Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 353b
On 2006-09-07 10:29:35, jesse@fsck.com wrote: Show quoted text
> Unfortunately, there's no way to mark a module as 5.6.1 on anything but > win32 and 5.8.1 or newer on win32.
Fortunately a Makefile.PL is dynamic and one can do something like this: if ($^O eq 'MSWin32') { require 5.008001; } else { require 5.006001; } Regards, Slaven


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.