Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Thread-Tie CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 2051
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Thread-Tie

People
Owner: ELIZABETH [...] cpan.org
Requestors: CHORNY [...] cpan.org
ivorw-cpan [...] xemaps.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Important
Broken in:
  • 0.08
  • 0.13
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Thread-Tie-0.08 fails and hangs during tests on Win32 (ActiveState 5.8.0)
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.5k
I have applied the workaround in ticket 2038 (converted all the .pm files to Unix LF format before attempting the build). I believe that this is a different problem - possibly with different behaviour in the debugger as outside (possible race or timing issue). D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08>nmake test Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. D:\programs\perl-5.8.0\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test _harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t\Tie01.t t\Tie02.t t\Tie01....ok 4/71thread failed to start: Can't locate .pm in @INC (@INC contains: D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08\blib\lib D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08\blib\arch D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/site/lib . D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/site/lib .) at (eval 18) line 16. and it just sits there until I <Ctrl/C>, when it gives: Terminating on signal SIGINT(2) NMAKE : U1058: Stop. D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08> Rerunning again using perl5db, it seems to be hanging on test 10: DB<1> ok 9 - check semaphore type isa SCALAR main::(t/tie01.t:40): cmp_ok( $scalar,'==',10, 'check scalar numerical fetch' ); DB<1> thread failed to start: Attempting to Thread::Tie::Scalar::FETCH without an object at 1 Thread::Tie::Thread::OBJECT() called at blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 eval {...} called at blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 Unfortunately, <Ctrl/C> does not return me to the debugger, so I can't get a stack trace.
From: jgibbons [...] dgaf.loreal.com
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.9k
Hello, I see that this ticket has been open for a while, but I have just encountered the exact same problem running thread-tie-0.12 on ActiverPerl 5.8.7. May I ask if any solution/workaround was ever discovered ? Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have. Best regards, Jeremy Gibbons jgibbons@dgaf.loreal.com [IVORW - Fri Feb 7 06:51:10 2003]: Show quoted text
> I have applied the workaround in ticket 2038 (converted all the .pm > files to Unix LF format before attempting the build). > > I believe that this is a different problem - possibly with different > behaviour in the debugger as outside (possible race or timing > issue). > > D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08>nmake test > > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 > Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. > > D:\programs\perl-5.8.0\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" > "-e" "test > _harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t\Tie01.t t\Tie02.t > t\Tie01....ok 4/71thread failed to start: Can't locate .pm in @INC > (@INC contains: D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08\blib\lib D:\Ivor\Thread- > Tie-0.08\blib\arch D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl- > 5.8.0/site/lib . D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl- > 5.8.0/site/lib .) at (eval 18) line 16. > > and it just sits there until I <Ctrl/C>, when it gives: > > Terminating on signal SIGINT(2) > NMAKE : U1058: > Stop. > > D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08> > > Rerunning again using perl5db, it seems to be hanging on test 10: > > DB<1> > ok 9 - check semaphore type isa SCALAR > main::(t/tie01.t:40): cmp_ok( $scalar,'==',10, 'check > scalar numerical fetch' ); > DB<1> > thread failed to start: Attempting to Thread::Tie::Scalar::FETCH > without an object at 1 > Thread::Tie::Thread::OBJECT() called at > blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 > eval {...} called at blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 > > Unfortunately, <Ctrl/C> does not return me to the debugger, so I can't > get a stack trace.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 463b
On Tue Nov 08 09:34:07 2005, guest wrote: Show quoted text
> Hello, > > I see that this ticket has been open for a while, but I have just > encountered the exact same problem running thread-tie-0.12 on > ActiverPerl 5.8.7. > > May I ask if any solution/workaround was ever discovered ? > > Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have. > > Best regards, > Jeremy Gibbons > jgibbons@dgaf.loreal.com
I know this is rather late in the game. But is this still a problem? Liz
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.7k
On Fri Feb 07 06:51:10 2003, IVORW wrote: Show quoted text
> I have applied the workaround in ticket 2038 (converted all the .pm > files to Unix LF format before attempting the build). > > I believe that this is a different problem - possibly with different > behaviour in the debugger as outside (possible race or timing > issue). > > D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08>nmake test > > Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 1.50 > Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved. > > D:\programs\perl-5.8.0\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" > "-e" "test > _harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t\Tie01.t t\Tie02.t > t\Tie01....ok 4/71thread failed to start: Can't locate .pm in @INC > (@INC contains: D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08\blib\lib D:\Ivor\Thread- > Tie-0.08\blib\arch D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl- > 5.8.0/site/lib . D:/programs/perl-5.8.0/lib D:/programs/perl- > 5.8.0/site/lib .) at (eval 18) line 16. > > and it just sits there until I <Ctrl/C>, when it gives: > > Terminating on signal SIGINT(2) > NMAKE : U1058: > Stop. > > D:\Ivor\Thread-Tie-0.08> > > Rerunning again using perl5db, it seems to be hanging on test 10: > > DB<1> > ok 9 - check semaphore type isa SCALAR > main::(t/tie01.t:40): cmp_ok( $scalar,'==',10, 'check > scalar numerical fetch' ); > DB<1> > thread failed to start: Attempting to Thread::Tie::Scalar::FETCH > without an object at 1 > Thread::Tie::Thread::OBJECT() called at > blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 > eval {...} called at blib\lib/Thread/Tie/Thread.pm line 57 > > Unfortunately, <Ctrl/C> does not return me to the debugger, so I can't > get a stack trace.
I know this is rather late in the game. But is this still a problem? Liz
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 323b
Hangs on Strawberry 5.16.2 and 5.14.2. 5.14.2 print different message: E:\perl\perl5142\perl\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t Thread 1 terminated abnormally: Attempting to Thread::Tie::Scalar::FETCH without an object at 1 -- Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net
Can confirm this is still broken in 5.24.3 using ActiveState
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #2051] Thread-Tie-0.08 fails and hangs during tests on Win32 (ActiveState 5.8.0)
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 10:43:18 +0200
To: bug-Thread-Tie [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Elizabeth Mattijsen <liz [...] dijkmat.nl>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 434b
Would welcome any fixes. I’m not really maintaining my Perl 5 modules anymore. If you’d like to get co-maint on this module, or any other of my modules, please let me know! Show quoted text
> On 28 May 2018, at 00:40, danieljboyd@icloud.com via RT <bug-Thread-Tie@rt.cpan.org> wrote: > > Queue: Thread-Tie > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2051 > > > Can confirm this is still broken in 5.24.3 using ActiveState


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.