Skip Menu |

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the WWW-Mechanize CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 17725
Status: rejected
Priority: 0/
Queue: WWW-Mechanize

Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: mujiburgerproductions [...]

Bug Information
Severity: Unimportant
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)

Subject: submit_form fail
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.1k
I'm just going to post the same question I posted on perlmonks... it should have most of the detail... I'm going to run some more with lwp::debug and see if i can come up with a more specific bug... thanks. Hi, I've run into a strange problem. I've tested this code on 3 boxes: Linux Testing Server: debian sarge PERL 5.8.4-8sarge3 libwww-perl 5.803-4 www-mechanize 1.12-2 crypt-ssleay 0.51-3 W32 Testing Server: XP PRO 2002 SP2 ActiveState PERL v5.8.6 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread libwww-perl 5.801 www-mechanize 0.72 crypt-ssleay 0.51 Client's Server: XP PRO 2002 SP2 ActiveState PERL 5.8.0 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread libwww-perl 5.68 www-mechanize 0.72 crypt-ssleay 0.51 It works everywhere except of course the client's server... While debugging I've found that everything works up until this request: $mech->submit_form( form_number => 1, fields => { 'password' => $self->{password} }, ); [download] After that request $mech->uri returns the same url as before the request, but $mech->content(...) is empty. The strange part is that this works fine and they are both very similar https posts: $mech->submit_form( form_name => 'login', fields => { 'input-login-email' => $self->{account}, 'password' + => $self->{password} }, ); [download] I've tried everything I can think of to get it working... Using: ************** $mech->field(; $mech->click(); ************** $mech->submit(; ************** $mech->request( $request); # with a proper post request... ************** And 100 other variations. ************** They all work on the testing servers, but not the production... I tried using regular LWP requests to get through the security before I even started using WWW:Mechanize, I couldn't even get that working on the testing servers. This is not my first rodeo, but I'm stumped. All I can think of is that the LWP version is breaking the code. Anybody else have any other ideas? Upgrading PERL/LWP can only happen as a last resort. Here is a snippet of the relevant parts of the offending code: if ($self->{location} eq 'us'){ login_us($self) unless $self->{logged_in}; $mech->get(' +anage-your-seller-account.html/ref=ya_hp_az_2/'); } elsif ($self->{location} eq 'uk'){ login_uk($self) unless $self->{logged_in}; $mech->get(' +manage-your-seller-account.html/ref=ya_hp_az_2/'); } $mech->follow_link(text_regex => qr/View your Amazon Payments account +and billing history/i); $mech->follow_link(text_regex => qr/View your Amazon Payments account +summary/i); $mech->submit_form( form_number => 1, fields => { 'password' => $self->{password} }, ); $mech->follow_link(url_regex => qr/vg=1&ve=6&vf=4/i); sub login_us{ my $self = shift; print "Performing US LOGIN...\n"; $mech->get(''); $mech->follow_link(text_regex => qr/your account/i); $mech->follow_link(text_regex => qr/Your seller account/i); $mech->submit_form( form_name => 'login', fields => { 'input-login-email' => $self->{account}, 'p +assword' => $self->{password} }, ); $self->{logged_in} = 1; return $mech->content(base_href => [undef]); }

This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on infrastructure.

Please report any issues with to