|Subject:||Failed Tracking @INC in Multi-Level Prerequisite Tree|
I believe it's a bug in CPANPLUS that did not correctly track and include the prerequisite paths into @INC. I found it when I ran tests for Perl-Critic-0.07. For high-level modules like Perl::Critic that requires several prerequisite modules that in turn require several prerequisite modules individually, CPANPLUS seems to lost somewhere. On my system the prerequisite tree should be: Perl::Critic Config::Std Class::Std version List::MoreUtils PPI Clone Params::Util Test::ClassAPI Class::Inspector Config::Tiny However, when CPANPLUS compose the final @INC for testing, only paths of these modules are appended: Config-Std-0.0.2 List-MoreUtils-0.10 Clone-0.18 Params-Util-0.05 Class-Inspector-1.12 Config-Tiny-2.02 Test-ClassAPI-1.02 PPI-1.003 Perl-Critic-0.07 In other words, the leafs below the Config::Std subtree in the above tree are lost. This can be identified from the report:I think high-level modules like Perl-Critic can be a good example for CPANPLUS to test and debug @INC tracking. The complete testing log is in the attach file.
Message body not shown because it is not plain text.