|Subject:||bug: error with backreferences|
|Date:||Sat, 11 May 2019 22:22:20 -0400|
|To:||bug-Template-Extract [...] rt.cpan.org|
|From:||Jack Langsdorf <jacklangsdorf [...] gmail.com>|
Hello - I've found a bug in Template::Extract (using version 0.41; cpan says everything is up to date), where a value is returned that does not fit the template. The attached script demonstrates the error. The template used has one of its data fields more than once, and when some of the document looks like it fits the template in one place but actually fits in another (due to wildcards). Under some circumstances, it does not check using backreferences to make sure that the selected part of the document fits the template (i.e. that both instances of the data field match one another). Or it may be that it does check, but fails out and lands up returning the result anyway. I traced the error as far as Template/Extract/Run.pm sub _ext, but I don't understand what goes wrong at that point. - Jack Langsdorf
Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.