This queue is for tickets about the Data-Sah-Coerce CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
128427
Status:
resolved
Priority:
Low/Low

People
Owner:
PERLANCAR [...] cpan.org
Requestors:
jjwright [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
(no value)
Broken in:
(no value)
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: Data::Sah::Coerce fails on t/js-date.t
$ make test 
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t              
t/00-compile.t ........... ok
t/01-basic.t ............. ok
t/author-critic.t ........ skipped: these tests are for testing by the author ]
t/author-pod-coverage.t .. skipped: these tests are for testing by the author
t/author-pod-syntax.t .... skipped: these tests are for testing by the author
t/js-bool.t .............. ok
t/js-date.t ..............
        #   Failed test at t/js-date.t line 26.
        #          got: '2016-01-01T17:34:56.000Z'
        #     expected: '2016-01-01T12:34:56.000Z'
        # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2.

    #   Failed test 'from string'
    #   at t/js-date.t line 27.
    # Looks like you failed 1 test of 3.
t/js-date.t .............. 1/?
Show quoted text
#   Failed test 'coerce_to=Date'
#   at t/js-date.t line 28.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 1.


t/js-date.t .............. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
On 2019-02-05 18:38:21, JWRIGHT wrote:
Show quoted text
> $ make test > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "- > MTest::Harness" > "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', > 'blib/arch')" > t/*.t > t/00-compile.t ........... ok > t/01-basic.t ............. ok > t/author-critic.t ........ skipped: these tests are for testing by the > author ] > t/author-pod-coverage.t .. skipped: these tests are for testing by the > author > t/author-pod-syntax.t .... skipped: these tests are for testing by the > author > t/js-bool.t .............. ok > t/js-date.t .............. > # Failed test at t/js-date.t line 26. > # got: '2016-01-01T17:34:56.000Z' > # expected: '2016-01-01T12:34:56.000Z' > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2. > > # Failed test 'from string' > # at t/js-date.t line 27. > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 3. > t/js-date.t .............. 1/? > # Failed test 'coerce_to=Date' > # at t/js-date.t line 28. > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 1. > > > t/js-date.t .............. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
Looks like a timezone issue. There's no problem if TZ=UTC is used.
On 2019-05-13 15:44:00, SREZIC wrote:
Show quoted text
> On 2019-02-05 18:38:21, JWRIGHT wrote:
> > $ make test > > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "- > > MTest::Harness" > > "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', > > 'blib/arch')" > > t/*.t > > t/00-compile.t ........... ok > > t/01-basic.t ............. ok > > t/author-critic.t ........ skipped: these tests are for testing by the > > author ] > > t/author-pod-coverage.t .. skipped: these tests are for testing by the > > author > > t/author-pod-syntax.t .... skipped: these tests are for testing by the > > author > > t/js-bool.t .............. ok > > t/js-date.t .............. > > # Failed test at t/js-date.t line 26. > > # got: '2016-01-01T17:34:56.000Z' > > # expected: '2016-01-01T12:34:56.000Z' > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2. > > > > # Failed test 'from string' > > # at t/js-date.t line 27. > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 3. > > t/js-date.t .............. 1/? > > # Failed test 'coerce_to=Date' > > # at t/js-date.t line 28. > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 1. > > > > > > t/js-date.t .............. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
> > Looks like a timezone issue. There's no problem if TZ=UTC is used.
I can reproduce it on my ubuntu 18.04 smoker if TZ=America/Anchorage is set. However, I cannot reproduce it on other linux systems (debian/jessie, .../stretch, centos6) using the same TZ value.
On 2019-05-13 16:07:47, SREZIC wrote:
Show quoted text
> On 2019-05-13 15:44:00, SREZIC wrote:
> > On 2019-02-05 18:38:21, JWRIGHT wrote:
> > > $ make test > > > PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 "/usr/bin/perl" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "- > > > MTest::Harness" > > > "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', > > > 'blib/arch')" > > > t/*.t > > > t/00-compile.t ........... ok > > > t/01-basic.t ............. ok > > > t/author-critic.t ........ skipped: these tests are for testing by > > > the > > > author ] > > > t/author-pod-coverage.t .. skipped: these tests are for testing by > > > the > > > author > > > t/author-pod-syntax.t .... skipped: these tests are for testing by > > > the > > > author > > > t/js-bool.t .............. ok > > > t/js-date.t .............. > > > # Failed test at t/js-date.t line 26. > > > # got: '2016-01-01T17:34:56.000Z' > > > # expected: '2016-01-01T12:34:56.000Z' > > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 2. > > > > > > # Failed test 'from string' > > > # at t/js-date.t line 27. > > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 3. > > > t/js-date.t .............. 1/? > > > # Failed test 'coerce_to=Date' > > > # at t/js-date.t line 28. > > > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 1. > > > > > > > > > t/js-date.t .............. Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, > > > 0x100)
> > > > Looks like a timezone issue. There's no problem if TZ=UTC is used.
> > I can reproduce it on my ubuntu 18.04 smoker if TZ=America/Anchorage > is set. > However, I cannot reproduce it on other linux systems (debian/jessie, > .../stretch, centos6) using the same TZ value.
I don't see this kind of failure anymore with 0.040. The previously failing test file js_date.t does not exist anymore --- maybe it's now split up into js-To_date.t and perl-To_date.t, but both don't fail anymore in this way. So maybe this issue may be set to resolved?
On Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:12:26 GMT, SREZIC wrote:
Show quoted text
> I don't see this kind of failure anymore with 0.040. The previously > failing test file js_date.t does not exist anymore --- maybe it's now > split up into js-To_date.t and perl-To_date.t, but both don't fail > anymore in this way. > > So maybe this issue may be set to resolved?
Closing as resolved for now. Thanks.


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.