Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Net-SSLeay CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 127593
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: Net-SSLeay

People
Owner: RADIATOR [...] cpan.org
Requestors: Rouven_Weiler [...] gmx.net
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Critical
Broken in: 1.86_06
Fixed in: 1.86_07



Subject: Linking against OpenSSL 1.1.1 fails due to obsolete RSA_generate_key_ex in openssl
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1001b
Compiling Net-SSLeay against the latest perl-5.28 with openssl-1.1 using gcc-7.3.0 fails with a relocation error due to a missing symbol for RSA_generate_key_ex. This function does not seem to exist anymore. The new equivalent is named RSA_generate_key_ex. In SSLeay.xs there is a function that uses this RSA_generate_key_ex but the preprocessor directive only uses it on ANDROID. Is it possible to you to change the code to be compliant? Or: Which preprocessor directive would you use (maybe version check for openssl > =1.1.x)? How would this look like? Maybe see below line 5747 in SSLeay.xs: #if defined(ANDROID) || OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x1010000L RSA * RSA_generate_key(bits,ee,perl_cb=&PL_sv_undef,perl_data=&PL_sv_undef) int bits unsigned long ee SV* perl_cb SV* perl_data PREINIT: simple_cb_data_t* c ... Is the OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER_CHECK correct? I am not that good with those hex stuff. Maybe I could then provide a working pull request...
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
I got the whole show working I guess. The changes were pulled to github but the appveyor build bot seems to have trouble... https://github.com/radiator-software/p5-net-ssleay/pull/98 On Wed Nov 07 09:00:54 2018, Rouven_Weiler@gmx.net wrote: Show quoted text
> Compiling Net-SSLeay against the latest perl-5.28 with openssl-1.1 > using gcc-7.3.0 fails with a relocation error due to a missing symbol > for RSA_generate_key_ex. This function does not seem to exist anymore. > The new equivalent is named RSA_generate_key_ex. > > In SSLeay.xs there is a function that uses this RSA_generate_key_ex > but the preprocessor directive only uses it on ANDROID. > > Is it possible to you to change the code to be compliant? > > Or: > > Which preprocessor directive would you use (maybe version check for > openssl > =1.1.x)? > How would this look like? > > Maybe see below line 5747 in SSLeay.xs: > #if defined(ANDROID) || OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x1010000L > > RSA * > RSA_generate_key(bits,ee,perl_cb=&PL_sv_undef,perl_data=&PL_sv_undef) > int bits > unsigned long ee > SV* perl_cb > SV* perl_data > PREINIT: > simple_cb_data_t* c > ... > > Is the OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER_CHECK correct? I am not that good with > those hex stuff. > > Maybe I could then provide a working pull request...
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 359b
On Thu 08.marras 2018 03:42:32, Rouven_Weiler@gmx.net wrote: Show quoted text
> I got the whole show working I guess. > The changes were pulled to github but the appveyor build bot seems to > have trouble... > https://github.com/radiator-software/p5-net-ssleay/pull/98
This is now fixed with https://github.com/radiator-software/p5-net-ssleay/pull/100 -- Heikki Vatiainen


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.