Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the PAR-Packer CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 123063
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: PAR-Packer

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: smoch09 [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: pp.bat: Failed to extract a parl from 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static'
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 12:47:26 -0700
To: bug-par-packer [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Sean <smoch09 [...] gmail.com>
I was using ASP PDK to convert a few my perl scripts to binary. ASP PDK is no longer available. I switched to “PAR-Packer” instead. Perl: ASP perl 5.24.1 x64 PAR-Packer-1.037 OS: windows 10 home x64 I use TKPP to setup  environment. everything seem to go well (I do not see any error/warning messages except for the very last two lines. 1. Is I choose Scan dependencies  "execute only", "execute+static",  , then I see my script GUI on the screen and it runs fine. 2. All other Scan dependency options cause the same failure. C:\Perl64\site\bin\pp.bat: ... adding Q:/W_PERL/SMT_DISTRO/SmT/desktop.ini as W_PERL/SMT_DISTRO/SmT/desktop.ini C:\Perl64\site\bin\pp.bat: ... adding Q:/W_PERL/_000_Dev/Netlister/Icon/netlist.ico as W_PERL/_000_Dev/Netlister/Icon/netlist.ico C:\Perl64\site\bin\pp.bat: Generating a fresh 'parl'. C:\Perl64\site\bin\pp.bat: Failed to extract a parl from 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static' to file 'C:\Users\SM\AppData\Local\Temp\parlGiqenzz.exe' When I check the temp folder "C:\Users\SM\AppData\Local\Temp" I do not see "parlGiqenzz.exe" -- Regards, Sean
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 399b
On 2017-09-17 15:48:03, smoch09@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> I was using ASP PDK to convert a few my perl scripts to binary. ASP PDK > is no longer available. I switched to “PAR-Packer” instead. > > Perl: ASP perl 5.24.1 x64 > > PAR-Packer-1.037 > > OS: windows 10 home x64
Where did you get PAR::Packer from - did you build it yourself? If so, did you run successfully "make test"? Cheers, Roderich
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #123063] pp.bat: Failed to extract a parl from 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static'
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 15:49:55 -0700
To: bug-PAR-Packer [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Sean <smoch09 [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 797b
Hi Roerich, I installed my copy from ASP using the ASP PPM. However, I just downloaded the same package from CPAN (PAR-Packer-1.037) and run the command "CPAN" to make and install, it fails at the end, I hope you can help. Log file is attached On 9/17/2017 3:08 PM, Roderich Schupp via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=123063 > > > On 2017-09-17 15:48:03, smoch09@gmail.com wrote:
>> I was using ASP PDK to convert a few my perl scripts to binary. ASP PDK >> is no longer available. I switched to “PAR-Packer” instead. >> >> Perl: ASP perl 5.24.1 x64 >> >> PAR-Packer-1.037 >> >> OS: windows 10 home x64
> Where did you get PAR::Packer from - did you build it yourself? > If so, did you run successfully "make test"? > > Cheers, Roderich
-- Regards, Sean
Download log.txt
text/plain 7.7k

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.

Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #123063] pp.bat: Failed to extract a parl from 'PAR::StrippedPARL::Static'
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 17:16:09 -0700
To: bug-PAR-Packer [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Sean <smoch09 [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 637b
I also uninstalled PAR-Packer-1.37 and installed 1.35 from ASP. The outcome is the same. On 9/17/2017 3:08 PM, Roderich Schupp via RT wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=123063 > > > On 2017-09-17 15:48:03, smoch09@gmail.com wrote:
>> I was using ASP PDK to convert a few my perl scripts to binary. ASP PDK >> is no longer available. I switched to “PAR-Packer” instead. >> >> Perl: ASP perl 5.24.1 x64 >> >> PAR-Packer-1.037 >> >> OS: windows 10 home x64
> Where did you get PAR::Packer from - did you build it yourself? > If so, did you run successfully "make test"? > > Cheers, Roderich
-- Regards, Sean
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 554b
On 2017-09-17 18:50:51, smoch09@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> and run the command "CPAN" to make and install, it fails at the end, I > hope you can help. > > Log file is attached
... and it says: windres -i winres/pp.rc -o ppresource.coff --input-format=rc --output-format=coff --target=pe-x86-64 'windres' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. You need to install the windres program. It should have come with gcc (wherever you got C:\Perl64\site\bin\gcc.exe from). Otherwise google for it. Cheers, Roderich
No further information, closing this ticket.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.