Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509 CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 121214
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: SREZIC [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: 0.10
Fixed in: (no value)

Attachments
Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509-0.10.bug121214-0.patch



Subject: Compilation fails on debian/stretch (openssl 1.1.0)
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.2k
On debian/stretch systems the module compilation fails: ... cc -c -I/usr/include/openssl -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O3 -Wall -Werror -DVERSION=\"0.10\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.10\" -fPIC "-I/opt/perl-5.22.2/lib/5.22.2/x86_64-linux/CORE" VerifyX509.c VerifyX509.xs: In function ‘verify_cb’: VerifyX509.xs:20:16: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type ‘X509_STORE_CTX {aka struct x509_store_ctx_st}’ switch (ctx->error) { ^~ VerifyX509.xs: In function ‘XS_Crypt__OpenSSL__VerifyX509___X509_cleanup’: VerifyX509.xs:143:3: error: ‘ERR_remove_state’ is deprecated [-Werror=deprecated-declarations] ERR_remove_state(0); ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In file included from /usr/include/openssl/bn.h:31:0, from /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:24, from VerifyX509.xs:5: /usr/include/openssl/err.h:247:1: note: declared here DEPRECATEDIN_1_0_0(void ERR_remove_state(unsigned long pid)) ^ VerifyX509.xs: In function ‘ctx_error’: VerifyX509.xs:41:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type] } ^ cc1: all warnings being treated as errors Makefile:346: recipe for target 'VerifyX509.o' failed ...
CC: rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #121214] Compilation fails on debian/stretch (openssl 1.1.0)
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 10:15:45 +0200
To: bug-Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509 [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 152b
Hi, You might want to try attached patch. PS: I'm not sure how one would go about using libcrypto from sources other than OpenSSL so left that alone.

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.

RT-Send-CC: rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 252b
On 2017-05-11 04:15:58, rep.dot.nop@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> Hi, > > You might want to try attached patch. > > PS: I'm not sure how one would go about using libcrypto from sources > other than OpenSSL so left that alone.
Confirmed, the patch works for me.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 138b
On Thu May 11 04:15:58 2017, rep.dot.nop@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> You might want to try attached patch.
Patch works, thank you. Please upload.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.5k
As we have a confirmed good patch, are you able to do a release? Failing that I would be happy to apply, test and release myself if you gave me comaint via PAUSE. On Mon Apr 17 10:31:54 2017, SREZIC wrote: Show quoted text
> On debian/stretch systems the module compilation fails: > > ... > cc -c -I/usr/include/openssl -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe > -fstack-protector-strong -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE > -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O3 -Wall -Werror -DVERSION=\"0.10\" > -DXS_VERSION=\"0.10\" -fPIC "-I/opt/perl-5.22.2/lib/5.22.2/x86_64- > linux/CORE" VerifyX509.c > VerifyX509.xs: In function ‘verify_cb’: > VerifyX509.xs:20:16: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type > ‘X509_STORE_CTX {aka struct x509_store_ctx_st}’ > switch (ctx->error) { > ^~ > VerifyX509.xs: In function > ‘XS_Crypt__OpenSSL__VerifyX509___X509_cleanup’: > VerifyX509.xs:143:3: error: ‘ERR_remove_state’ is deprecated [- > Werror=deprecated-declarations] > ERR_remove_state(0); > ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > In file included from /usr/include/openssl/bn.h:31:0, > from /usr/include/openssl/asn1.h:24, > from VerifyX509.xs:5: > /usr/include/openssl/err.h:247:1: note: declared here > DEPRECATEDIN_1_0_0(void ERR_remove_state(unsigned long pid)) > ^ > VerifyX509.xs: In function ‘ctx_error’: > VerifyX509.xs:41:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [- > Werror=return-type] > } > ^ > cc1: all warnings being treated as errors > Makefile:346: recipe for target 'VerifyX509.o' failed > ...
CC: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #121214] Compilation fails on debian/stretch (openssl 1.1.0)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 11:16:31 +0100
To: bug-Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509 [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Bernhard Reutner-Fischer <rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 525b
On 11 May 2017 at 11:26, Slaven_Rezic via RT <bug-Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509@rt.cpan.org> wrote: Show quoted text
> <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=121214 > > > On 2017-05-11 04:15:58, rep.dot.nop@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi, >> >> You might want to try attached patch. >> >> PS: I'm not sure how one would go about using libcrypto from sources >> other than OpenSSL so left that alone.
> > Confirmed, the patch works for me.
PING I don't want to sound impatient, but is there any chance to get that fixed resp. applied? thanks,
RT-Send-CC: rep.dot.nop [...] gmail.com
On 2018-02-16 05:16:47, rep.dot.nop@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> On 11 May 2017 at 11:26, Slaven_Rezic via RT > <bug-Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509@rt.cpan.org> wrote:
> > <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=121214 > > > > > On 2017-05-11 04:15:58, rep.dot.nop@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi, > >> > >> You might want to try attached patch. > >> > >> PS: I'm not sure how one would go about using libcrypto from sources > >> other than OpenSSL so left that alone.
> > > > Confirmed, the patch works for me.
> > PING > > I don't want to sound impatient, but is there any chance to get that > fixed resp. applied?
The author did not do any CPAN releases since six years: https://metacpan.org/author/CHRISA So it might be assumed that he is inactive as a CPAN author. Probably the best bet is that somebody else takes over the module (any volunteers? I am just the bug reporter, not an actual user of the module...) In the meantime, CPAN.pm users may use the distroprefs system for automatic patching while installing the module: https://github.com/eserte/srezic-cpan-distroprefs/blob/master/Crypt-OpenSSL-VerifyX509.yml


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.