Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the Log-Log4perl CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
120926
Status:
resolved
Priority:
Low/Low
Queue:

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
jason [...] froebe.net
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
Important
Broken in:
1.49
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: Failed test 'header_text' at t/026FileApp.t line 459 (v1.49) on Strawberry Perl 5.24.1.1 (64bit) Windows 10
Platform: Strawberry Perl 5.24.1.1 (64bit) Windows 10
Show quoted text
cpan> install Log::Log4perl
Database was generated on Mon, 03 Apr 2017 18:48:37 GMT Running install for module 'Log::Log4perl' Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHILLI/CHECKSUMS Checksum for C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\sources\authors\id\M\MS\MSCHILLI\Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz ok Scanning cache C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build for sizes ............................................--------------------------------DONE DEL(1/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPAN-2.16-0 DEL(2/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPAN-2.16-0.yml DEL(3/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\App-cpanminus-1.7043-0 DEL(4/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\App-cpanminus-1.7043-0.yml DEL(5/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Archive-Extract-0.80-0 DEL(6/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Archive-Extract-0.80-0.yml DEL(7/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPANPLUS-0.9164-0 DEL(8/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPANPLUS-0.9164-0.yml DEL(9/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPANPLUS-Dist-Build-0.82-0 DEL(10/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\CPANPLUS-Dist-Build-0.82-0.yml DEL(11/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Capture-Tiny-0.46-0 DEL(12/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Capture-Tiny-0.46-0.yml DEL(13/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.074-0 DEL(14/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Bzip2-2.074-0.yml DEL(15/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Lzma-2.074-0 DEL(16/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Lzma-2.074-0.yml DEL(17/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.074-0 DEL(18/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Compress-Raw-Zlib-2.074-0.yml DEL(19/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Config-Any-0.30-0 DEL(20/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Config-Any-0.30-0.yml DEL(21/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Cpanel-JSON-XS-3.0231-0 DEL(22/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Cpanel-JSON-XS-3.0231-0.yml DEL(23/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Crypt-OpenSSL-Bignum-0.08-0 DEL(24/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Crypt-OpenSSL-Bignum-0.08-0.yml DEL(25/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA-0.19-0 DEL(26/26): C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Crypt-OpenSSL-DSA-0.19-0.yml Configuring M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz with Makefile.PL Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Generating a dmake-style Makefile Writing Makefile for Log::Log4perl Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz C:\Perl\Strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL -- OK Running make for M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestFileCreeper.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestFileCreeper.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Socket.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Socket.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/String.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\String.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Limit.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Limit.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/DBI.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\DBI.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\File.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Catalyst.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Catalyst.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/ScreenColoredLevels.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\ScreenColoredLevels.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestArrayBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestArrayBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Synchronized.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Synchronized.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Buffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Buffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/RRDs.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\RRDs.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Screen.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Screen.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelRange.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelRange.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/FAQ.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\FAQ.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/ConsoleAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\ConsoleAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/PropertyConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\PropertyConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/DOMConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\DOMConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\Watch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/DateFormat.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\DateFormat.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/BaseConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\BaseConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/Boolean.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\Boolean.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/InternalDebug.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\InternalDebug.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/StringMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\StringMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/FileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\FileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/RollingFileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\RollingFileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/NoopLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\NoopLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/SyslogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\SyslogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Logger.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/JDBCAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\JDBCAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/NDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\NDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/NTEventLogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\NTEventLogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/SimpleLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\SimpleLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout/Multiline.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout\Multiline.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Level.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Level.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/TimeTracker.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\TimeTracker.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Resurrector.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Resurrector.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/Semaphore.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\Semaphore.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util.pm "C:\Perl\Strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe" -MExtUtils::Command -e cp -- eg/l4p-tmpl blib\script\l4p-tmpl pl2bat.bat blib\script\l4p-tmpl MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\c\bin\dmake.exe -- OK Running make test "C:\Perl\Strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t t/001Level.t .............. ok t/002Logger.t ............. ok t/003Layout-Rr.t .......... ok t/003Layout.t ............. ok t/004Config.t ............. ok t/005Config-Perl.t ........ ok t/006Config-Java.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/007LogPrio.t ............ ok t/008ConfCat.t ............ ok t/009Deuce.t .............. ok t/010JConsole.t ........... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/011JFile.t .............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/012Deeper.t ............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/013Bench.t .............. ok t/014ConfErrs.t ........... ok t/015fltmsg.t ............. ok t/016Export.t ............. ok t/017Watch.t .............. ok t/018Init.t ............... ok t/019Warn.t ............... ok t/020Easy.t ............... ok t/020Easy2.t .............. ok t/021AppThres.t ........... ok t/022Wrap.t ............... ok t/023Date.t ............... ok t/024WarnDieCarp.t ........ ok t/025CustLevels.t ......... ok t/026FileApp.t ............ 1/27 # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: 'This is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like you failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped subtests: 18 okay) t/027Watch2.t ............. ok t/027Watch3.t ............. skipped: only on platforms supporting signals t/027Watch4.t ............. No such signal: SIGUSR1 at C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\cpan\build\Log-Log4perl-1.49-0\blib\lib/Log/Log4 perl/Config/Watch.pm line 39. t/027Watch4.t ............. ok t/028Additivity.t ......... ok t/029SysWide.t ............ ok t/030LDLevel.t ............ ok t/031NDC.t ................ ok t/032JRollFile.t .......... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::FileRotate 1.10 t/033UsrCspec.t ........... ok t/034DBI.t ................ ok t/035JDBCAppender.t ....... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch and DBD::CSV 0.33 t/036JSyslog.t ............ ok t/037JWin32Event.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::Win32EventLog t/038XML-DOM1.t ........... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/039XML-DOM2.t ........... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/040Filter.t ............. ok t/041SafeEval.t ........... ok t/042SyncApp.t ............ skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/043VarSubst.t ........... ok t/044XML-Filter.t ......... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/045Composite.t .......... ok t/046RRDs.t ............... skipped: (RRDs not installed) t/048lwp.t ................ skipped: Only with 2.0 < LWP::UserAgent < 5.822 t/049Unhide.t ............. ok t/050Buffer.t ............. ok t/051Extra.t .............. ok t/052Utf8.t ............... ok t/053Resurrect.t .......... ok t/054Subclass.t ........... ok t/055AppDestroy.t ......... ok t/056SyncApp2.t ........... skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/057MsgChomp.t ........... ok t/058Warnings.t ........... ok t/059Wrapper.t ............ ok t/060Initialized.t ........ ok t/061Multiline.t .......... ok t/062InitHash.t ........... ok t/063LoggerRemove.t ....... ok t/064RealClass.t .......... ok t/065Undef.t .............. ok t/066SQLite.t ............. ok t/067Exception.t .......... ok t/068MultilineIndented.t .. ok t/069MoreMultiline.t ...... ok t/070UTCDate.t ............ ok Test Summary Report ------------------- t/026FileApp.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 27 Failed: 1) Failed test: 23 Non-zero exit status: 1 Files=73, Tests=741, 40 wallclock secs ( 0.45 usr + 0.17 sys = 0.63 CPU) Result: FAIL Failed 1/73 test programs. 1/741 subtests failed. dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'test_dynamic' MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz C:\Perl\STRAWB~1\c\bin\dmake.exe test -- NOT OK //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try: reports MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Stopping: 'install' failed for 'Log::Log4perl'. Failed during this command: MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz : make_test NO
Same problem for me on Strawberry perl 5.18.1. cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v2.00) Enter 'h' for help.
Show quoted text
cpan> install Log::Log4perl
Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/modules/03modlist.data.gz Database was generated on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:35:27 GMT Updating database file ... Done! Running install for module 'Log::Log4perl' Running make for M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Fetching with LWP: http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/authors/id/M/MS/MSCHILLI/CHECKSUMS Checksum for I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\cpan\sources\authors\id\M\MS\MSCHILLI\Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz ok Scanning cache I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\cpan\build for sizes ............................................................................DONE CPAN.pm: Building M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Log::Log4perl Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/SyslogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\SyslogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/StringMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\StringMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/TimeTracker.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\TimeTracker.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\File.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/NoopLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\NoopLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/RRDs.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\RRDs.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Screen.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Screen.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Resurrector.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Resurrector.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelRange.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelRange.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\Watch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/NDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\NDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestFileCreeper.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestFileCreeper.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout/Multiline.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout\Multiline.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/Boolean.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\Boolean.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/FAQ.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\FAQ.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Socket.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Socket.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/SimpleLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\SimpleLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/ScreenColoredLevels.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\ScreenColoredLevels.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Limit.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Limit.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Catalyst.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Catalyst.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Level.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Level.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/ConsoleAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\ConsoleAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/RollingFileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\RollingFileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/InternalDebug.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\InternalDebug.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Buffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Buffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/PropertyConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\PropertyConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/DateFormat.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\DateFormat.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/JDBCAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\JDBCAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Logger.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestArrayBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestArrayBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/BaseConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\BaseConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/DBI.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\DBI.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/NTEventLogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\NTEventLogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/DOMConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\DOMConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Synchronized.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Synchronized.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/Semaphore.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\Semaphore.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/FileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\FileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/String.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\String.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config.pm I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\perl\bin\perl.exe -MExtUtils::Command -e cp -- eg/l4p-tmpl blib\script\l4p-tmpl pl2bat.bat blib\script\l4p-tmpl MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\c\bin\dmake.exe -- OK Running make test I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\perl\bin\perl.exe "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e" "test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t t/001Level.t .............. ok t/002Logger.t ............. ok t/003Layout-Rr.t .......... ok t/003Layout.t ............. ok t/004Config.t ............. ok t/005Config-Perl.t ........ ok t/006Config-Java.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/007LogPrio.t ............ ok t/008ConfCat.t ............ ok t/009Deuce.t .............. ok t/010JConsole.t ........... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/011JFile.t .............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/012Deeper.t ............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/013Bench.t .............. ok t/014ConfErrs.t ........... ok t/015fltmsg.t ............. ok t/016Export.t ............. ok t/017Watch.t .............. ok t/018Init.t ............... ok t/019Warn.t ............... ok t/020Easy.t ............... ok t/020Easy2.t .............. ok t/021AppThres.t ........... ok t/022Wrap.t ............... ok t/023Date.t ............... ok t/024WarnDieCarp.t ........ ok t/025CustLevels.t ......... ok t/026FileApp.t ............ 1/27 No such signal: SIGUSR1 at I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\cpan\build\Log-Log4perl-1.49-Qx_qD9\blib\lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm line 39. # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: 'This is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like you failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped subtests: 18 okay) t/027Watch2.t ............. ok t/027Watch3.t ............. skipped: only on platforms supporting signals t/027Watch4.t ............. No such signal: SIGUSR1 at I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\cpan\build\Log-Log4perl-1.49-Qx_qD9\blib\lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm line 39. t/027Watch4.t ............. ok t/028Additivity.t ......... ok t/029SysWide.t ............ ok t/030LDLevel.t ............ ok t/031NDC.t ................ ok t/032JRollFile.t .......... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::FileRotate 1.10 t/033UsrCspec.t ........... ok t/034DBI.t ................ skipped: DBI 1.607 or DBD::CSV 0.33 or SQL::Statement 1.20 not installed, skipping tests t/035JDBCAppender.t ....... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch and DBD::CSV 0.33 t/036JSyslog.t ............ 1/1 Sys::Syslog not installed, skipping... t/036JSyslog.t ............ ok t/037JWin32Event.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::Win32EventLog t/038XML-DOM1.t ........... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/039XML-DOM2.t ........... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/040Filter.t ............. ok t/041SafeEval.t ........... ok t/042SyncApp.t ............ skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/043VarSubst.t ........... ok t/044XML-Filter.t ......... skipped: only with XML::DOM > 1.29 t/045Composite.t .......... ok t/046RRDs.t ............... skipped: (RRDs not installed) t/048lwp.t ................ skipped: Only with 2.0 < LWP::UserAgent < 5.822 t/049Unhide.t ............. ok t/050Buffer.t ............. ok t/051Extra.t .............. ok t/052Utf8.t ............... "my" variable $conf masks earlier declaration in same scope at t/052Utf8.t line 135. "my" variable $data masks earlier declaration in same scope at t/052Utf8.t line 151. Name "DB::single" used only once: possible typo at t/052Utf8.t line 145. t/052Utf8.t ............... ok t/053Resurrect.t .......... ok t/054Subclass.t ........... ok t/055AppDestroy.t ......... ok t/056SyncApp2.t ........... skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/057MsgChomp.t ........... ok t/058Warnings.t ........... ok t/059Wrapper.t ............ ok t/060Initialized.t ........ ok t/061Multiline.t .......... ok t/062InitHash.t ........... ok t/063LoggerRemove.t ....... ok t/064RealClass.t .......... ok t/065Undef.t .............. ok t/066SQLite.t ............. ok t/067Exception.t .......... ok t/068MultilineIndented.t .. ok t/069MoreMultiline.t ...... ok t/070UTCDate.t ............ ok Test Summary Report ------------------- t/026FileApp.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 27 Failed: 1) Failed test: 23 Non-zero exit status: 1 Files=73, Tests=708, 48 wallclock secs ( 0.31 usr + 0.25 sys = 0.56 CPU) Result: FAIL Failed 1/73 test programs. 1/708 subtests failed. dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'test_dynamic' MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz I:\strawberry-perl-5.18.1.1-64bit-portable\c\bin\dmake.exe test -- NOT OK //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try: reports MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Running make install make test had returned bad status, won't install without force Stopping: 'install' failed for 'Log::Log4perl'. Failed during this command: MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz : make_test NO -- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK
Note the repeated header test: # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: 'This is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like you failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped subtests: 18 okay) -- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK
The issue with signals seems to be be the Watch4 script doesn't do what previous Watch test scripts do and that is: BEGIN { no warnings; # Check if this platform supports signals if (length $Config{sig_name} and length $Config{sig_num}) { eval { $SIG{USR1} = sub { $SIGNALS_AVAILABLE = 1 }; # From the Config.pm manpage my(%sig_num); my @names = split ' ', $Config{sig_name}; @sig_num{@names} = split ' ', $Config{sig_num}; kill $sig_num{USR1}, $$; }; if($@) { $SIGNALS_AVAILABLE = 0; } } if ($SIGNALS_AVAILABLE) { plan tests => 15; }else{ plan skip_all => "only on platforms supporting signals"; } } -- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK
"No such signal: SIGUSR1" seems to be coming from Test::More. I suspect that it is simply a platform specific (windows) Test::More issue where signals simply don't exist. Note the Test::More bug below for SIGSYS. SIGUSR1 should be the same IMO. https://github.com/Test-More/test-more/issues/758 Test::More v1.302080 - Timeout when waiting for child procs and threads (#765) - Fix SIGSYS localization issue (#758) - Fix outdated docs (#759, #754) - Fix bail-out in buffered subtest (#747)
On Fri Apr 07 15:00:48 2017, MJEVANS wrote:
Show quoted text
> Note the repeated header test: > > # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: 'This > is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # > expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like you > failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test > returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped > subtests: 18 okay)
If you modify the test slightly to change the header text to "This is a nice headerXX\n" you get: not ok 23 - header_text # Failed test 'header_text' # at t\026FileApp.t line 460. # got: 'This is a nice header. # This is a nice headerXX. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! so it looks like pollution from a previous test. Martin -- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK
Yes, and this is because the unlink() calls are NOT checked. For instance, adding a BAIL_OUT like this: # same with syswrite unlink "${testfile}_5" or BAIL_OUT("Failed to unlink ${testfile}_5, $!"); exhibited: Bail out! Failed to unlink t\tmp\test26.log_5, Permission denied So it gets the output from the previous test as well -; Could be a side-effect of antiviruses locking ${testfile}_XX for a while - don't know and hoping it is not another reason like a vicious bug in Log::Log4perl -; Just using a new ${testfile}_6 instead of doing an unlink of ${testfile}_5 will do it. On Sat Jul 22 05:13:26 2017, MJEVANS wrote:
Show quoted text
> On Fri Apr 07 15:00:48 2017, MJEVANS wrote:
> > Note the repeated header test: > > > > # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: > > 'This > > is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # > > expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like > > you > > failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test > > returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped > > subtests: 18 okay)
> > If you modify the test slightly to change the header text to "This is > a nice headerXX\n" you get: > > not ok 23 - header_text > # Failed test 'header_text' > # at t\026FileApp.t line 460. > # got: 'This is a nice header. > # This is a nice headerXX. > # DEBUG - waah! > # ' > # expected: 'This is a nice header. > # DEBUG - waah! > > so it looks like pollution from a previous test. > > Martin
On 2017-09-26 12:05:43, JDDPAUSE wrote:
Show quoted text
> Yes, and this is because the unlink() calls are NOT checked. For > instance, adding a BAIL_OUT like this: > > # same with syswrite > unlink "${testfile}_5" or BAIL_OUT("Failed to unlink ${testfile}_5, > $!"); > > exhibited: > > Bail out! Failed to unlink t\tmp\test26.log_5, Permission denied > > So it gets the output from the previous test as well -; > > Could be a side-effect of antiviruses locking ${testfile}_XX for a > while - don't know and hoping it is not another reason like a vicious > bug in Log::Log4perl -;
Probably not an antivirus application --- I think Log4perl itself is holding a normal filehandle on the log file, preventing deletion of the file. There is a difference between Windows and Unix: under Unix, a file with active filehandles may be deleted (that is, after deletion it's not visible in the filesystem hierarchie anymore, though the file contents are still on disk until the last filehandle is gone), but under Windows, a file with active filehandles cannot be deleted. I don't know if it's possible to tell Log4perl to release the filehandle (reset() maybe?). If not, then using another log filename as proposed below is indeed a possible solution.
Show quoted text
> > Just using a new ${testfile}_6 instead of doing an unlink of > ${testfile}_5 will do it. > > On Sat Jul 22 05:13:26 2017, MJEVANS wrote:
> > On Fri Apr 07 15:00:48 2017, MJEVANS wrote:
> > > Note the repeated header test: > > > > > > # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: > > > 'This > > > is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # > > > expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like > > > you > > > failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test > > > returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped > > > subtests: 18 okay)
> > > > If you modify the test slightly to change the header text to "This is > > a nice headerXX\n" you get: > > > > not ok 23 - header_text > > # Failed test 'header_text' > > # at t\026FileApp.t line 460. > > # got: 'This is a nice header. > > # This is a nice headerXX. > > # DEBUG - waah! > > # ' > > # expected: 'This is a nice header. > > # DEBUG - waah! > > > > so it looks like pollution from a previous test. > > > > Martin
I increased the severity --- with this problem there are no pass reports on Windows, see http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Log-Log4perl+1.49 And other perl modules depending on Log4perl cannot be tested anymore on Windows, see for example https://ci.appveyor.com/project/xsawyerx/dancer2/build/1.0.113
Windows XP SP3. =================================== Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 24 subversion 0) configuration: Platform: osname=MSWin32, osvers=6.3, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int uname='Win32 strawberry-perl 5.24.0.1 #1 Tue May 10 17:10:11 2016 i386' config_args='undef' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define use64bitint=define, use64bitall=undef, uselongdouble=undef usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef Compiler: cc='gcc', ccflags =' -s -O2 -DWIN32 -DPERL_TEXTMODE_SCRIPTS -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -mms-bitfields', optimize='-s -O2', cppflags='-DWIN32' ccversion='', gccversion='4.9.2', gccosandvers='' intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=12345678, doublekind=3 d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12, longdblkind=3 ivtype='long long', ivsize=8, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='long long', lseeksize=8 alignbytes=8, prototype=define Linker and Libraries: ld='g++', ldflags ='-s -L"D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib\CORE" -L"D:\prg\sperl\c\lib"' libpth=D:\prg\sperl\c\lib D:\prg\sperl\c\i686-w64-mingw32\lib D:\prg\sperl\c\lib\gcc\i686-w64-mingw32\4.9.2 libs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 perllibs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 libc=, so=dll, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl524.a gnulibc_version='' Dynamic Linking: dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=xs.dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-mdll -s -L"D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib\CORE" -L"D:\prg\sperl\c\lib"' Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): Compile-time options: HAS_TIMES HAVE_INTERP_INTERN MULTIPLICITY PERLIO_LAYERS PERL_COPY_ON_WRITE PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV PERL_HASH_FUNC_ONE_AT_A_TIME_HARD PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS PERL_MALLOC_WRAP PERL_PRESERVE_IVUV USE_64_BIT_INT USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES USE_LOCALE USE_LOCALE_COLLATE USE_LOCALE_CTYPE USE_LOCALE_NUMERIC USE_LOCALE_TIME USE_PERLIO USE_PERL_ATOF Built under MSWin32 Compiled at May 10 2016 17:20:50 %ENV: PERL5LIB="D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib;D:\prg\sperl\perl\site\lib" @INC: D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib D:\prg\sperl\perl\site\lib d:/prg/sperl/perl/site/lib d:/prg/sperl/perl/vendor/lib d:/prg/sperl/perl/lib . =================================== Loading internal null logger. Install Log::Log4perl for logging messages CPAN: CPAN::SQLite loaded ok (v0.211) Database was generated on Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:36:02 GMT Running install for module 'Log::Log4perl' CPAN: Digest::SHA loaded ok (v5.95) CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok (v2.069) Checksum for D:\prg\sperl\cpan\sources\authors\id\M\MS\MSCHILLI\Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz ok CPAN: Archive::Tar loaded ok (v2.06) CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.2304) CPAN: YAML::XS loaded ok (v0.62) CPAN: CPAN::Meta::Requirements loaded ok (v2.140) CPAN: Parse::CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v1.4417) CPAN: CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v2.150005) CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v5.20160507) Configuring M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz with Makefile.PL Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Generating a dmake-style Makefile Writing Makefile for Log::Log4perl Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL -- OK Running make for M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/ScreenColoredLevels.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\ScreenColoredLevels.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Synchronized.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Synchronized.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/String.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\String.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Socket.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Socket.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/RRDs.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\RRDs.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/DBI.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\DBI.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Buffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Buffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Catalyst.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Catalyst.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestFileCreeper.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestFileCreeper.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\File.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestArrayBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestArrayBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Limit.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Limit.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Screen.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Screen.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\Watch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/PropertyConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\PropertyConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/InternalDebug.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\InternalDebug.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/FAQ.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\FAQ.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/BaseConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\BaseConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/DateFormat.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\DateFormat.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/StringMatch.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\StringMatch.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelRange.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelRange.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/ConsoleAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\ConsoleAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/Boolean.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\Boolean.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/DOMConfigurator.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\DOMConfigurator.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/NDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\NDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/SimpleLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\SimpleLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/FileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\FileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/NTEventLogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\NTEventLogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\MDC.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/TestBuffer.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\TestBuffer.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/NoopLayout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\NoopLayout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/JDBCAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\JDBCAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/SyslogAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\SyslogAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/RollingFileAppender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\RollingFileAppender.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Level.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Level.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout/Multiline.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout\Multiline.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Logger.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Resurrector.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Resurrector.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/TimeTracker.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\TimeTracker.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/Semaphore.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\Semaphore.pm cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util.pm "D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe" -MExtUtils::Command -e cp -- eg/l4p-tmpl blib\script\l4p-tmpl pl2bat.bat blib\script\l4p-tmpl MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz D:\prg\sperl\c\bin\dmake.exe -- OK Running make test "D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t t/001Level.t .............. ok t/002Logger.t ............. ok t/003Layout-Rr.t .......... ok t/003Layout.t ............. ok t/004Config.t ............. ok t/005Config-Perl.t ........ ok t/006Config-Java.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/007LogPrio.t ............ ok t/008ConfCat.t ............ ok t/009Deuce.t .............. ok t/010JConsole.t ........... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/011JFile.t .............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/012Deeper.t ............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch t/013Bench.t .............. ok t/014ConfErrs.t ........... ok t/015fltmsg.t ............. ok t/016Export.t ............. ok t/017Watch.t .............. ok t/018Init.t ............... ok t/019Warn.t ............... ok t/020Easy.t ............... ok t/020Easy2.t .............. ok t/021AppThres.t ........... ok t/022Wrap.t ............... ok t/023Date.t ............... ok t/024WarnDieCarp.t ........ ok t/025CustLevels.t ......... ok # Failed test 'header_text' # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. # got: 'This is a nice header. # This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # expected: 'This is a nice header. # DEBUG - waah! # ' # Looks like you failed 1 test of 27. t/026FileApp.t ............ Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) Failed 1/27 subtests (less 8 skipped subtests: 18 okay) t/027Watch2.t ............. ok t/027Watch3.t ............. skipped: only on platforms supporting signals No such signal: SIGUSR1 at D:\prg\sperl\cpan\build\Log-Log4perl-1.49-ytHcaJ\blib\lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm line 39. t/027Watch4.t ............. ok t/028Additivity.t ......... ok t/029SysWide.t ............ ok t/030LDLevel.t ............ ok t/031NDC.t ................ ok t/032JRollFile.t .......... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::FileRotate 1.10 t/033UsrCspec.t ........... ok t/034DBI.t ................ ok t/035JDBCAppender.t ....... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch and DBD::CSV 0.33 t/036JSyslog.t ............ ok t/037JWin32Event.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch::Win32EventLog t/038XML-DOM1.t ........... ok t/039XML-DOM2.t ........... ok t/040Filter.t ............. ok t/041SafeEval.t ........... ok t/042SyncApp.t ............ skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/043VarSubst.t ........... ok t/044XML-Filter.t ......... ok t/045Composite.t .......... ok t/046RRDs.t ............... skipped: (RRDs not installed) t/048lwp.t ................ skipped: Only with 2.0 < LWP::UserAgent < 5.822 t/049Unhide.t ............. ok t/050Buffer.t ............. ok t/051Extra.t .............. ok t/052Utf8.t ............... ok t/053Resurrect.t .......... ok t/054Subclass.t ........... ok t/055AppDestroy.t ......... ok t/056SyncApp2.t ........... skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS t/057MsgChomp.t ........... ok t/058Warnings.t ........... ok t/059Wrapper.t ............ ok t/060Initialized.t ........ ok t/061Multiline.t .......... ok t/062InitHash.t ........... ok t/063LoggerRemove.t ....... ok t/064RealClass.t .......... ok t/065Undef.t .............. ok t/066SQLite.t ............. ok t/067Exception.t .......... ok t/068MultilineIndented.t .. ok t/069MoreMultiline.t ...... ok t/070UTCDate.t ............ ok Test Summary Report ------------------- t/026FileApp.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 27 Failed: 1) Failed test: 23 Non-zero exit status: 1 Files=73, Tests=750, 35 wallclock secs ( 0.22 usr + 0.09 sys = 0.31 CPU) Result: FAIL Failed 1/73 test programs. 1/750 subtests failed. dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'test_dynamic' MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz D:\prg\sperl\c\bin\dmake.exe test -- NOT OK //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, try: reports MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz Stopping: 'install' failed for 'Log::Log4perl'.
There is a patch on GitHub: https://github.com/mschilli/log4perl/pull/87 On Sun Apr 15 13:05:59 2018, mr.nomen@gmail.com wrote:
Show quoted text
> Windows XP SP3. > > =================================== > Summary of my perl5 (revision 5 version 24 subversion 0) > configuration: > > Platform: > osname=MSWin32, osvers=6.3, archname=MSWin32-x86-multi-thread-64int > uname='Win32 strawberry-perl 5.24.0.1 #1 Tue May 10 17:10:11 2016 > i386' > config_args='undef' > hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=undef > useithreads=define, usemultiplicity=define > use64bitint=define, use64bitall=undef, uselongdouble=undef > usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef > Compiler: > cc='gcc', ccflags =' -s -O2 -DWIN32 -DPERL_TEXTMODE_SCRIPTS > -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS -fwrapv -fno-strict- > aliasing -mms-bitfields', > optimize='-s -O2', > cppflags='-DWIN32' > ccversion='', gccversion='4.9.2', gccosandvers='' > intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=12345678, > doublekind=3 > d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12, > longdblkind=3 > ivtype='long long', ivsize=8, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='long > long', lseeksize=8 > alignbytes=8, prototype=define > Linker and Libraries: > ld='g++', ldflags ='-s -L"D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib\CORE" > -L"D:\prg\sperl\c\lib"' > libpth=D:\prg\sperl\c\lib D:\prg\sperl\c\i686-w64-mingw32\lib > D:\prg\sperl\c\lib\gcc\i686-w64-mingw32\4.9.2 > libs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool -lcomdlg32 > -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid -lws2_32 > -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 > perllibs=-lmoldname -lkernel32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwinspool > -lcomdlg32 -ladvapi32 -lshell32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -lnetapi32 -luuid > -lws2_32 -lmpr -lwinmm -lversion -lodbc32 -lodbccp32 -lcomctl32 > libc=, so=dll, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl524.a > gnulibc_version='' > Dynamic Linking: > dlsrc=dl_win32.xs, dlext=xs.dll, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags=' ' > cccdlflags=' ', lddlflags='-mdll -s -L"D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib\CORE" > -L"D:\prg\sperl\c\lib"' > > > Characteristics of this binary (from libperl): > Compile-time options: HAS_TIMES HAVE_INTERP_INTERN MULTIPLICITY > PERLIO_LAYERS PERL_COPY_ON_WRITE > PERL_DONT_CREATE_GVSV > PERL_HASH_FUNC_ONE_AT_A_TIME_HARD > PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT PERL_IMPLICIT_SYS > PERL_MALLOC_WRAP PERL_PRESERVE_IVUV > USE_64_BIT_INT > USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES USE_LOCALE > USE_LOCALE_COLLATE USE_LOCALE_CTYPE > USE_LOCALE_NUMERIC USE_LOCALE_TIME USE_PERLIO > USE_PERL_ATOF > Built under MSWin32 > Compiled at May 10 2016 17:20:50 > %ENV: > PERL5LIB="D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib;D:\prg\sperl\perl\site\lib" > @INC: > D:\prg\sperl\perl\lib > D:\prg\sperl\perl\site\lib > d:/prg/sperl/perl/site/lib > d:/prg/sperl/perl/vendor/lib > d:/prg/sperl/perl/lib > . > > =================================== > Loading internal null logger. Install Log::Log4perl for logging > messages > CPAN: CPAN::SQLite loaded ok (v0.211) > Database was generated on Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:36:02 GMT > > Running install for module 'Log::Log4perl' > CPAN: Digest::SHA loaded ok (v5.95) > CPAN: Compress::Zlib loaded ok (v2.069) > Checksum for D:\prg\sperl\cpan\sources\authors\id\M\MS\MSCHILLI\Log- > Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz ok > CPAN: Archive::Tar loaded ok (v2.06) > CPAN: File::Temp loaded ok (v0.2304) > CPAN: YAML::XS loaded ok (v0.62) > CPAN: CPAN::Meta::Requirements loaded ok (v2.140) > CPAN: Parse::CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v1.4417) > CPAN: CPAN::Meta loaded ok (v2.150005) > CPAN: Module::CoreList loaded ok (v5.20160507) > Configuring M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz with Makefile.PL > Checking if your kit is complete... > Looks good > Generating a dmake-style Makefile > Writing Makefile for Log::Log4perl > Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json > MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz > D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe Makefile.PL -- OK > Running make for M/MS/MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/ScreenColoredLevels.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\ScreenColoredLevels.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Synchronized.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Synchronized.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/String.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\String.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Socket.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Socket.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/RRDs.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\RRDs.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/DBI.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\DBI.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Buffer.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Buffer.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Catalyst.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Catalyst.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestFileCreeper.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestFileCreeper.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/File.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\File.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestArrayBuffer.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestArrayBuffer.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Limit.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Limit.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/TestBuffer.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\TestBuffer.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Appender/Screen.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Appender\Screen.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\Watch.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/PropertyConfigurator.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\PropertyConfigurator.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/InternalDebug.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\InternalDebug.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/FAQ.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\FAQ.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelMatch.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelMatch.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/BaseConfigurator.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\BaseConfigurator.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/DateFormat.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\DateFormat.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/StringMatch.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\StringMatch.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/LevelRange.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\LevelRange.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/ConsoleAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\ConsoleAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\MDC.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Filter/Boolean.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Filter\Boolean.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/DOMConfigurator.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Config\DOMConfigurator.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/NDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\NDC.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/SimpleLayout.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\SimpleLayout.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/FileAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\FileAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/NTEventLogAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\NTEventLogAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/MDC.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\MDC.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/TestBuffer.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\TestBuffer.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/NoopLayout.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\NoopLayout.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/JDBCAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\JDBCAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/SyslogAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\SyslogAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/JavaMap/RollingFileAppender.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\JavaMap\RollingFileAppender.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Level.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Level.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Layout/PatternLayout/Multiline.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Layout\PatternLayout\Multiline.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Logger.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Resurrector.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Resurrector.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/TimeTracker.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\TimeTracker.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util/Semaphore.pm > blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util\Semaphore.pm > cp lib/Log/Log4perl/Util.pm blib\lib\Log\Log4perl\Util.pm > "D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe" -MExtUtils::Command -e cp -- eg/l4p- > tmpl blib\script\l4p-tmpl > pl2bat.bat blib\script\l4p-tmpl > MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz > D:\prg\sperl\c\bin\dmake.exe -- OK > Running make test > "D:\prg\sperl\perl\bin\perl.exe" "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "- > MTest::Harness" "-e" "undef *Test::Harness::Switches; test_harness(0, > 'blib\lib', 'blib\arch')" t/*.t > t/001Level.t .............. ok > t/002Logger.t ............. ok > t/003Layout-Rr.t .......... ok > t/003Layout.t ............. ok > t/004Config.t ............. ok > t/005Config-Perl.t ........ ok > t/006Config-Java.t ........ skipped: only with Log::Dispatch > t/007LogPrio.t ............ ok > t/008ConfCat.t ............ ok > t/009Deuce.t .............. ok > t/010JConsole.t ........... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch > t/011JFile.t .............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch > t/012Deeper.t ............. skipped: only with Log::Dispatch > t/013Bench.t .............. ok > t/014ConfErrs.t ........... ok > t/015fltmsg.t ............. ok > t/016Export.t ............. ok > t/017Watch.t .............. ok > t/018Init.t ............... ok > t/019Warn.t ............... ok > t/020Easy.t ............... ok > t/020Easy2.t .............. ok > t/021AppThres.t ........... ok > t/022Wrap.t ............... ok > t/023Date.t ............... ok > t/024WarnDieCarp.t ........ ok > t/025CustLevels.t ......... ok > > # Failed test 'header_text' > # at t/026FileApp.t line 459. > # got: 'This is a nice header. > # This is a nice header. > # DEBUG - waah! > # ' > # expected: 'This is a nice header. > # DEBUG - waah! > # ' > # Looks like you failed 1 test of 27. > t/026FileApp.t ............ > Dubious, test returned 1 (wstat 256, 0x100) > Failed 1/27 subtests > (less 8 skipped subtests: 18 okay) > t/027Watch2.t ............. ok > t/027Watch3.t ............. skipped: only on platforms supporting > signals > No such signal: SIGUSR1 at D:\prg\sperl\cpan\build\Log-Log4perl-1.49- > ytHcaJ\blib\lib/Log/Log4perl/Config/Watch.pm line 39. > t/027Watch4.t ............. ok > t/028Additivity.t ......... ok > t/029SysWide.t ............ ok > t/030LDLevel.t ............ ok > t/031NDC.t ................ ok > t/032JRollFile.t .......... skipped: only with > Log::Dispatch::FileRotate 1.10 > t/033UsrCspec.t ........... ok > t/034DBI.t ................ ok > t/035JDBCAppender.t ....... skipped: only with Log::Dispatch and > DBD::CSV 0.33 > t/036JSyslog.t ............ ok > t/037JWin32Event.t ........ skipped: only with > Log::Dispatch::Win32EventLog > t/038XML-DOM1.t ........... ok > t/039XML-DOM2.t ........... ok > t/040Filter.t ............. ok > t/041SafeEval.t ........... ok > t/042SyncApp.t ............ skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS > t/043VarSubst.t ........... ok > t/044XML-Filter.t ......... ok > t/045Composite.t .......... ok > t/046RRDs.t ............... skipped: (RRDs not installed) > t/048lwp.t ................ skipped: Only with 2.0 < LWP::UserAgent < > 5.822 > t/049Unhide.t ............. ok > t/050Buffer.t ............. ok > t/051Extra.t .............. ok > t/052Utf8.t ............... ok > t/053Resurrect.t .......... ok > t/054Subclass.t ........... ok > t/055AppDestroy.t ......... ok > t/056SyncApp2.t ........... skipped: - only with L4P_ALL_TESTS > t/057MsgChomp.t ........... ok > t/058Warnings.t ........... ok > t/059Wrapper.t ............ ok > t/060Initialized.t ........ ok > t/061Multiline.t .......... ok > t/062InitHash.t ........... ok > t/063LoggerRemove.t ....... ok > t/064RealClass.t .......... ok > t/065Undef.t .............. ok > t/066SQLite.t ............. ok > t/067Exception.t .......... ok > t/068MultilineIndented.t .. ok > t/069MoreMultiline.t ...... ok > t/070UTCDate.t ............ ok > > Test Summary Report > ------------------- > t/026FileApp.t (Wstat: 256 Tests: 27 Failed: 1) > Failed test: 23 > Non-zero exit status: 1 > Files=73, Tests=750, 35 wallclock secs ( 0.22 usr + 0.09 sys = 0.31 > CPU) > Result: FAIL > Failed 1/73 test programs. 1/750 subtests failed. > dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'test_dynamic' > MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz > D:\prg\sperl\c\bin\dmake.exe test -- NOT OK > //hint// to see the cpan-testers results for installing this module, > try: > reports MSCHILLI/Log-Log4perl-1.49.tar.gz > Stopping: 'install' failed for 'Log::Log4perl'.
Hi there, On Windows what is really needed is a way to terminate cleanly Log::Log4perl between calls to init. There is probably a better way but the following seems to work for me : add the following lines { local $Log::Log4perl::Config::CONFIG_INTEGRITY_CHECK; Log::Log4perl->init(\ ""); } before test 23 (starting with # same with syswrite) and the test will pass (because the call to unlink "${testfile}_5"; just below will then succeed instead of failing silently). If you only use Log::Log4perl as intended (i.e. init only once), just force install. If however you need to make repeated calls to init (e.g. in your own test files) then you may define sub terminate_Log4perl { local $Log::Log4perl::Config::CONFIG_INTEGRITY_CHECK; Log::Log4perl->init(\ ""); } and call it between calls to init, or whenever you are done with logging. This has solved many problems I had with test files with several subtests creating a temp directory and logging to a file within (randomly could not destroy the temp directory on cleanup) : subtest "whatever" => sub { my $home = Path::Tiny::tempdir(CLEANUP => 1); my $x = My::Amazing::Toy->new(home => $home, ...); # will log to a file in $home is ($x->frobnicate, ...); ... terminate_Log4perl(); } Of course the better way would be to fix the distribution but it has seen no activity for 24 months... So I am posting this here in the hope it will be useful to someone.
Thank you all for the reports and guidance. GitHub PR has just been merged which I confirmed works on my Strawberry Perl. It will be heading to CPAN in a few minutes!


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.