Skip Menu |
 

Preferred bug tracker

Please visit the preferred bug tracker to report your issue.

This queue is for tickets about the CGI CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 11971
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: CGI

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: reitsma [...] denison.edu
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: POST_MAX prior to version 3.06
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 814b
It appears that prior to 3.06 the POST_MAX limit on POST sizes has not worked. While moving some scripts to a new server (SPARC, Solaris 10, Apache 1.3.33, mod_perl 1.29, perl 5.8.5) one of my scripts failed with no error as if all the POST variables had been deleted. Eventually, I found that by removing the POST_MAX limit or increasing it allowed my script to run. I then reinstalled 3.05 and ran the same script with the original 1024 and got no error. $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'} reported is the difference between POST_MAX and the actual content_length. It looks like the MOD_PERL detection routine is what changed (for the better) and now POST_MAX works. I report it as a bug because I expect lots of folks like me (doing insufficient error checking) will wonder why their script which used to work now doesn't.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.1k
Thanks for the note. It's useful information to share, but I'm not sure if there's anything else to be done at this point, since what you are reporting is that you believe CGI.pm started to work as it is documented, which is as it should be. Mark On Tue Mar 22 15:29:20 2005, guest wrote: Show quoted text
> It appears that prior to 3.06 the POST_MAX limit on POST sizes has not > worked. While moving some scripts to a new server (SPARC, Solaris > 10, Apache 1.3.33, mod_perl 1.29, perl 5.8.5) one of my scripts > failed with no error as if all the POST variables had been deleted. > Eventually, I found that by removing the POST_MAX limit or increasing > it allowed my script to run. I then reinstalled 3.05 and ran the > same script with the original 1024 and got no error. > $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'} reported is the difference between POST_MAX > and the actual content_length. > It looks like the MOD_PERL detection routine is what changed (for the > better) and now POST_MAX works. > I report it as a bug because I expect lots of folks like me (doing > insufficient error checking) will wonder why their script which > used to work now doesn't.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.