Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the RT-Extension-CommandByMail CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 115654
Status: resolved
Priority: 0/
Queue: RT-Extension-CommandByMail

People
Owner: cbrandt [...] cpan.org
Requestors: pmtera [...] utu.fi
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 10:03:54 +0000
To: "bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera [...] utu.fi>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 410b
Hi, when the CommandByMail is loaded the emails which subject contains umlauts for instances "Tämä on ääkköesimerkki" will be saved to RT with the umlauts garbled. This occurs when a new ticket is created and the subject is saved for the first time. Also there is the previously mentioned error of acces denied when people are not in the commandbymail group Kind regards, Petri Teräspuro pmtera@utu.fi
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 896b
On Mon Jun 27 06:04:12 2016, pmtera@utu.fi wrote: Show quoted text
> Hi, > > when the CommandByMail is loaded the emails which subject contains > umlauts for instances "Tämä on ääkköesimerkki" will be saved to RT > with the umlauts garbled. This occurs when a new ticket is created and > the subject is saved for the first time. Also there is the previously > mentioned error of acces denied when people are not in the > commandbymail group
Hi Petri I'm not able to reproduce your issue. I tried a message with umlauts in the subject in a test RT with CommandByMail and it seemed to come through OK in the ticket. Could you send the headers for your test email and a screenshot of the resulting ticket? If you can query the subject in the DB too, that would be helpful. select id, Subject from Tickets where id = 12345; I fixed the groups issue and will be publishing a new release soon. Thanks, Jim
Subject: RE: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 06:56:31 +0000
To: "bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera [...] utu.fi>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.6k
Hi Jim, thank you for the reply. In the text document are the headers for the message from the incoming request tracker mail server and the headers as reported by the request tracker full headers. The subject from the sql query 531089;"Tämä on ääkkösesimerkki" The picture shows the saved subject to be corrupted in the upper left corner. After I contacted you I did notice that mail did not come in to the queues with umlauts at all (like queue called Tietojärjestelmät), so I suspect there might me something wrong in the decoding of messages in the reworked mail gateway in the RT 4.4 itself which might also contribute to the plugin mail filter. I removed the umlauts from the queue names to circumvent the problem. I’ve haven’t had the time to study the changed source code. I have a incoming gateway that there is MailConversionTag in the LDAP that denotes the queue name. This results in the command /usr/bin/perl $RT_MAILGATE --queue $QUEUE --action $ACTION --url $RT_URL where the MailConversionTag is populated in the $QUEUE in UTF-8. This worked in 4.2, but not in the 4.4 series as of late. Kind regards, Petri Teräspuro [cid:image001.png@01D1DDB3.C7A3F2B0] Show quoted text
> -----Original Message-----
Show quoted text
> From: Jim Brandt via RT [mailto:bug-RT-Extension-
Show quoted text
> CommandByMail@rt.cpan.org]
Show quoted text
> Sent: 13. heinäkuuta 2016 22:06
Show quoted text
> To: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera@utu.fi>
Show quoted text
> Subject: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with
Show quoted text
> Commandbymail 2.01
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> On Mon Jun 27 06:04:12 2016, pmtera@utu.fi<mailto:pmtera@utu.fi> wrote:
Show quoted text
> > Hi,
Show quoted text
> >
Show quoted text
> > when the CommandByMail is loaded the emails which subject contains
Show quoted text
> > umlauts for instances "Tämä on ääkköesimerkki" will be saved to RT
Show quoted text
> > with the umlauts garbled. This occurs when a new ticket is created and
Show quoted text
> > the subject is saved for the first time. Also there is the previously
Show quoted text
> > mentioned error of acces denied when people are not in the
Show quoted text
> > commandbymail group
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> Hi Petri
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> I'm not able to reproduce your issue. I tried a message with umlauts in the
Show quoted text
> subject in a test RT with CommandByMail and it seemed to come through OK
Show quoted text
> in the ticket.
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> Could you send the headers for your test email and a screenshot of the
Show quoted text
> resulting ticket? If you can query the subject in the DB too, that would be
Show quoted text
> helpful.
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> select id, Subject from Tickets where id = 12345;
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> I fixed the groups issue and will be publishing a new release soon.
Show quoted text
>
Show quoted text
> Thanks,
Show quoted text
> Jim
Show quoted text
>
Download image001.png
image/png 44.2k
image001.png

Message body is not shown because sender requested not to inline it.

Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.6k
On Thu Jul 14 02:56:59 2016, pmtera@utu.fi wrote: Show quoted text
> Hi Jim, > > thank you for the reply. In the text document are the headers for the > message from the incoming request tracker mail server and the headers > as reported by the request tracker full headers. > > The subject from the sql query > > 531089;"Tämä on ääkkösesimerkki" > > The picture shows the saved subject to be corrupted in the upper left > corner. > > After I contacted you I did notice that mail did not come in to the > queues with umlauts at all (like queue called Tietojärjestelmät), so I > suspect there might me something wrong in the decoding of messages in > the reworked mail gateway in the RT 4.4 itself which might also > contribute to the plugin mail filter. I removed the umlauts from the > queue names to circumvent the problem. I’ve haven’t had the time to > study the changed source code. I have a incoming gateway that there is > MailConversionTag in the LDAP that denotes the queue name. This > results in the command /usr/bin/perl $RT_MAILGATE --queue $QUEUE > --action $ACTION --url $RT_URL where the MailConversionTag is > populated in the $QUEUE in UTF-8. This worked in 4.2, but not in the > 4.4 series as of late. >
I created a queue with an umlaut and sent an email through rt-mailgate with an umlaut in the subject and I get the attached on a vanilla RT 4.4.0 install. I tried with the latest CommandByMail as well and it seems to work for me. This is running on a Mac. I see your page layout is quite bit different than default RT (pretty cool, actually). Any chance you have a local customization that might need some updates based on changes in 4.4?
Subject: Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.17.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.17.36 AM.png
Another possibility is it might be the DB handling. Are you using MySQL or Postgres?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 522b
On 2016-07-14T08:44:51-04:00, CBRANDT wrote: Show quoted text
> > Another possibility is it might be the DB handling. Are you using > MySQL or Postgres?
I believe the problem only exhibits itself on Postgres. See the commits I pushed last night: https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-commandbymail/compare/c1f5331199a01a58cc15a5c51bdf379200cd4e95...master OP: Can your confirm that applying https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-commandbymail/commit/d6c1e9c73e9ec02458921c1e2094b763e8b110f9 resolves this issue for you?
Subject: RE: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 06:12:50 +0000
To: "bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera [...] utu.fi>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.7k
Hi, I'm indeed using Postgres 9.5 on RHEL7. And the patch did work for the subject (https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-commandbymail/commit/d6c1e9c73e9ec02458921c1e2094b763e8b110f9) Thank you! I noticed however the same encoding problem is probably also in the Customfield saving procedure From a old style mailer form we use for quick ticket statistics (mainly did the request come from phone, service desk etc) we gather certain custom fields : In the messaget the field was set as: CustomField.{Request source}: Tiskikäynnillä And was populated as "Request source: Tiskikäynnillä" Nearly all customizations come from readymade plugins and some went in to the core in 4.4. We're also using a modified theme to get some distinction between the boxes as RT is now used in all management branches not just IT. Thank you for the assistance //Petri Show quoted text
-----Original Message----- From: Alex Vandiver via RT [mailto:bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail@rt.cpan.org] Sent: 15. heinäkuuta 2016 7:41 To: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera@utu.fi> Subject: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01 <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=115654 > On 2016-07-14T08:44:51-04:00, CBRANDT wrote:
> > Another possibility is it might be the DB handling. Are you using > MySQL or Postgres?
I believe the problem only exhibits itself on Postgres. See the commits I pushed last night: https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-commandbymail/compare/c1f5331199a01a58cc15a5c51bdf379200cd4e95...master OP: Can your confirm that applying https://github.com/bestpractical/rt-extension-commandbymail/commit/d6c1e9c73e9ec02458921c1e2094b763e8b110f9 resolves this issue for you?
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 00:38:44 -0700
To: bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Alex Vandiver <alex [...] chmrr.net>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 653b
On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 02:13:05 -0400 "Petri Teräspuro via RT" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail@rt.cpan.org> wrote: Show quoted text
> Thank you! I noticed however the same encoding problem is probably > also in the Customfield saving procedure > > From a old style mailer form we use for quick ticket statistics > (mainly did the request come from phone, service desk etc) we gather > certain custom fields : > > In the messaget the field was set as: > CustomField.{Request source}: Tiskikäynnillä > > And was populated as "Request source: Tiskikäynnillä"
Did this work prior to your upgrade to 4.4? From reading the source, that would surprise me. - Alex
Subject: RE: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with Commandbymail 2.01
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 09:00:49 +0000
To: "bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail [...] rt.cpan.org>
From: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera [...] utu.fi>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.4k
Hi, I've tested the old version and your correct in you assessment. The umlauts did not work in the older Commandbymail and 4.2.12 RT either. There actually were no umlauts in the values before we made a full overhaul of the system and took in the other organizations. Also the subject field was not used in the earlier version so that is why this just now came up. Kind regards, Petri Show quoted text
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alex Vandiver via RT [mailto:bug-RT-Extension- > CommandByMail@rt.cpan.org] > Sent: 18. heinäkuuta 2016 10:39 > To: Petri Teräspuro <pmtera@utu.fi> > Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #115654] Request tracker 4.4.0 and 4.4.1 with > Commandbymail 2.01 > > <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=115654 > > > On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 02:13:05 -0400 > "Petri Teräspuro via RT" <bug-RT-Extension-CommandByMail@rt.cpan.org> > wrote:
> > Thank you! I noticed however the same encoding problem is probably > > also in the Customfield saving procedure > > > > From a old style mailer form we use for quick ticket statistics > > (mainly did the request come from phone, service desk etc) we gather > > certain custom fields : > > > > In the messaget the field was set as: > > CustomField.{Request source}: Tiskikäynnillä > > > > And was populated as "Request source: Tiskikäynnillä"
> > Did this work prior to your upgrade to 4.4? From reading the source, > that would surprise me. > - Alex
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 151b
Hi Petri, The new version has been released to CPAN: https://metacpan.org/release/BPS/RT-Extension-CommandByMail-2.03 Thanks for the bug report. Jim


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.