Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Net-SSH-Perl CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 115382
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Net-SSH-Perl

People
Owner: schwigon [...] cpan.org
Requestors: bracdt [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Can't locate loadable object for module Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly in @INC
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:32:33 -0700
To: bug-Net-SSH-Perl [...] rt.cpan.org
From: r g <bracdt [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.6k
Hello, My program is unable to open a Net::SFTP connection because Net::SSH::Perl::Cipher::Chacha tries to load Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly, which doesn’t seem to exist within CPAN, and fallback to other ciphers is not happening. [someone@box ~]$ /tmp/temp-test-deleteme.pl Creating SFTP connection to [IP REDACTED] usvtalimg302: Reading configuration data /home/someone/.ssh/config usvtalimg302: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config usvtalimg302: Connecting to [IP REDACTED], port 22. usvtalimg302: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1 usvtalimg302: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_6.6.1 usvtalimg302: Net::SSH::Perl Version 2.01, protocol version 2.0. usvtalimg302: No compat match: OpenSSH_6.6.1. usvtalimg302: Connection established. usvtalimg302: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), waiting for response. Can't locate loadable object for module Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Net/SSH/Perl/Cipher/ChachaPoly.pm line 14 Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Net/SSH/Perl/Cipher.pm line 57. "Net::SSH::Perl::Cipher::Chacha provides Chacha20 encryption with Poly1305 support for Net::SSH::Perl.” "This module requires Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly which provides a wrapper to the OpenSSH Chacha and Poly1305 functions." — http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-SSH-Perl/lib/Net/SSH/Perl/Cipher/ChachaPoly.pm view /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Net/SSH/Perl/Cipher/ChachaPoly.pm 14 XSLoader::load('Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly’); After some googling I did find this github: https://github.com/lkinley/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly This commit: https://github.com/renormalist/Net-SSH-Perl/commit/12ec269ba38d3c195997a2426198f5695a5073f3 states: +The module Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly is required if +you wish to use the chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com cipher. +It can be acquired from Git Hub at: +https://github.com/lkinley/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly +or using git: +git clone https://github.com/lkinley/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly.git +If the module is not installed, Net::SSH::Perl will fall back on +other ciphers. But successfulf fallback does not appear to be happening. I’m on a box where installing modules from outside CPAN is frowned upon, can you advise? Thanks.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.3k
On Thu Jun 16 20:33:01 2016, bracdt@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> My program is unable to open a Net::SFTP connection because > Net::SSH::Perl::Cipher::Chacha tries to load > Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly, > which doesn’t seem to exist within CPAN, and fallback to other ciphers > is not happening.
Thanks for your report. I once uploaded lkinley's version to CPAN but it made Net::SSH::Perl fail (in the tests IIRC). So I removed it again because I don't really have knowledge on the topic itself and couldn't rank the impact. You could try http://renormalist.net/misc/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly-0.02.tar.gz which is the tgz I built back then 2016-05-09 from https://github.com/renormalist/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly and report here if that helps you. In my case it did not. If you have time to dive deeper into it it would help if you can provide details, patches, etc. In particular, lkinley also seems to have a new version 2.04 in his github repo which I didn't yet uploaded to CPAN but should probably do (lkinley's repo just lacks some CPAN polishing which I usually contribute). However locally it could be installable for you with some perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install. I hope that helps you a bit further. Kind regards, Steffen -- Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #115382] Can't locate loadable object for module Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly in @INC
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 09:44:23 -0700
To: bug-Net-SSH-Perl [...] rt.cpan.org
From: r g <bracdt [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.2k
Thanks much for rapid response. Until it can be added back to CPAN, it seems like the attempt to load Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly should be removed, or code should be adjusted so fallback works. On a different box, my mac, I downloaded from github and installed. Unfortunately there's a new error in Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519: someone$ which perl /opt/local/bin/perl someone$ perl -version | grep version This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level # manually installed from git ( https://github.com/renormalist/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly) on my osx10.11.5 mac someone$ sudo perl Makefile.PL; someone$ sudo make; someone$ sudo make test; someone$ sudo make install; #unfortunately a new error now: someone$ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell Terminal does not support AddHistory. cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v2.11) Enter 'h' for help. cpan[1]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 Reading '/Users/someone/.cpan/Metadata' Database was generated on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:54:17 GMT Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 is up to date (undef). cpan[2]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex Net::SSH::Perl::Kex is up to date (undef). cpan[3]> install Net::SSH::Perl Net::SSH::Perl is up to date (2.01). cpan[4]> install Net::SSH Net::SSH is up to date (0.09). -------- someone$ /tmp/tmp.pl Creating SFTP connection to [IP REDACTED] 2991: Reading configuration data /Users/someone/.ssh/config 2991: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config 2991: Connecting to [IP REDACTED], port 22. 2991: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1 2991: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_6.6.1 2991: Net::SSH::Perl Version 2.01, protocol version 2.0. 2991: No compat match: OpenSSH_6.6.1. 2991: Connection established. 2991: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), waiting for response. 2991: Using curve25519-sha256@libssh.org for key exchange 2991: Host key algorithm: ssh-ed25519 2991: Algorithms, c->s: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none 2991: Algorithms, s->c: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none Can't locate object method "exchange" via package "Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519" at /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Net/SSH/Perl/Kex.pm line 107.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 2.6k
I just re-uploaded Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly to CPAN. This means this issue here is probably be back as described. Let's see what cpan testing reveals... Kind regards, Steffen On Fri Jun 17 12:44:37 2016, bracdt@gmail.com wrote: Show quoted text
> Thanks much for rapid response. > Until it can be added back to CPAN, it seems like the attempt to load > Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly should be removed, or code should be > adjusted so > fallback works. > On a different box, my mac, I downloaded from github and installed. > Unfortunately there's a new error in Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519: > > someone$ which perl > /opt/local/bin/perl > > > someone$ perl -version | grep version > This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for > darwin-thread-multi-2level > > > # manually installed from git ( > https://github.com/renormalist/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly) on my > osx10.11.5 > mac > someone$ sudo perl Makefile.PL; > someone$ sudo make; > someone$ sudo make test; > someone$ sudo make install; > > > #unfortunately a new error now: > someone$ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell > Terminal does not support AddHistory. > > cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v2.11) > Enter 'h' for help. > > cpan[1]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 > Reading '/Users/someone/.cpan/Metadata' > Database was generated on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:54:17 GMT > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 is up to date (undef). > > > cpan[2]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex is up to date (undef). > > cpan[3]> install Net::SSH::Perl > Net::SSH::Perl is up to date (2.01). > > cpan[4]> install Net::SSH > Net::SSH is up to date (0.09). > > -------- > > > someone$ /tmp/tmp.pl > Creating SFTP connection to [IP REDACTED] > 2991: Reading configuration data /Users/someone/.ssh/config > 2991: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config > 2991: Connecting to [IP REDACTED], port 22. > 2991: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1 > 2991: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version > OpenSSH_6.6.1 > 2991: Net::SSH::Perl Version 2.01, protocol version 2.0. > 2991: No compat match: OpenSSH_6.6.1. > 2991: Connection established. > 2991: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), waiting for response. > 2991: Using curve25519-sha256@libssh.org for key exchange > 2991: Host key algorithm: ssh-ed25519 > 2991: Algorithms, c->s: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none > 2991: Algorithms, s->c: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none > Can't locate object method "exchange" via package > "Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519" at > /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22/darwin-thread-multi- > 2level/Net/SSH/Perl/Kex.pm > line 107.
-- Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.1k
I just created https://github.com/lkinley/Net-SSH-Perl/issues/5 on lkinley's github repository because he is doing his current work there. Unless I mixed up things, that ticket should be related to this RT ticket here. Feel free to watch progress there or follow up on questions. Thanks for your report. Kind regards, Steffen On Thu Oct 13 17:36:45 2016, SCHWIGON wrote: Show quoted text
> I just re-uploaded Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly to CPAN. > This means this issue here is probably be back as described. > Let's see what cpan testing reveals... > > Kind regards, > Steffen > > On Fri Jun 17 12:44:37 2016, bracdt@gmail.com wrote:
> > Thanks much for rapid response. > > Until it can be added back to CPAN, it seems like the attempt to load > > Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly should be removed, or code should be > > adjusted so > > fallback works. > > On a different box, my mac, I downloaded from github and installed. > > Unfortunately there's a new error in Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519: > > > > someone$ which perl > > /opt/local/bin/perl > > > > > > someone$ perl -version | grep version > > This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for > > darwin-thread-multi-2level > > > > > > # manually installed from git ( > > https://github.com/renormalist/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly) on my > > osx10.11.5 > > mac > > someone$ sudo perl Makefile.PL; > > someone$ sudo make; > > someone$ sudo make test; > > someone$ sudo make install; > > > > > > #unfortunately a new error now: > > someone$ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell > > Terminal does not support AddHistory. > > > > cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v2.11) > > Enter 'h' for help. > > > > cpan[1]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 > > Reading '/Users/someone/.cpan/Metadata' > > Database was generated on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:54:17 GMT > > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 is up to date (undef). > > > > > > cpan[2]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex > > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex is up to date (undef). > > > > cpan[3]> install Net::SSH::Perl > > Net::SSH::Perl is up to date (2.01). > > > > cpan[4]> install Net::SSH > > Net::SSH is up to date (0.09). > > > > -------- > > > > > > someone$ /tmp/tmp.pl > > Creating SFTP connection to [IP REDACTED] > > 2991: Reading configuration data /Users/someone/.ssh/config > > 2991: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config > > 2991: Connecting to [IP REDACTED], port 22. > > 2991: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1 > > 2991: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version > > OpenSSH_6.6.1 > > 2991: Net::SSH::Perl Version 2.01, protocol version 2.0. > > 2991: No compat match: OpenSSH_6.6.1. > > 2991: Connection established. > > 2991: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), waiting for response. > > 2991: Using curve25519-sha256@libssh.org for key exchange > > 2991: Host key algorithm: ssh-ed25519 > > 2991: Algorithms, c->s: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none > > 2991: Algorithms, s->c: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> none > > Can't locate object method "exchange" via package > > "Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519" at > > /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22/darwin-thread-multi- > > 2level/Net/SSH/Perl/Kex.pm > > line 107.
>
-- Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 3.6k
Hi, can you please try if the just uploaded v2.12 fixes this issue? As I'm just doing the CPAN uploads based on Lance Kinley's work at https://github.com/lkinley/Net-SSH-Perl I need your help on verifying this. Thanks, Steffen On Thu Oct 13 18:22:27 2016, SCHWIGON wrote: Show quoted text
> I just created > > https://github.com/lkinley/Net-SSH-Perl/issues/5 > > on lkinley's github repository because he is doing his current work > there. > Unless I mixed up things, that ticket should be related to this RT > ticket here. > Feel free to watch progress there or follow up on questions. > > Thanks for your report. > > Kind regards, > Steffen > > On Thu Oct 13 17:36:45 2016, SCHWIGON wrote:
> > I just re-uploaded Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly to CPAN. > > This means this issue here is probably be back as described. > > Let's see what cpan testing reveals... > > > > Kind regards, > > Steffen > > > > On Fri Jun 17 12:44:37 2016, bracdt@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Thanks much for rapid response. > > > Until it can be added back to CPAN, it seems like the attempt to > > > load > > > Crypt::OpenSSH::ChachaPoly should be removed, or code should be > > > adjusted so > > > fallback works. > > > On a different box, my mac, I downloaded from github and installed. > > > Unfortunately there's a new error in Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519: > > > > > > someone$ which perl > > > /opt/local/bin/perl > > > > > > > > > someone$ perl -version | grep version > > > This is perl 5, version 22, subversion 2 (v5.22.2) built for > > > darwin-thread-multi-2level > > > > > > > > > # manually installed from git ( > > > https://github.com/renormalist/Crypt-OpenSSH-ChachaPoly) on my > > > osx10.11.5 > > > mac > > > someone$ sudo perl Makefile.PL; > > > someone$ sudo make; > > > someone$ sudo make test; > > > someone$ sudo make install; > > > > > > > > > #unfortunately a new error now: > > > someone$ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell > > > Terminal does not support AddHistory. > > > > > > cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v2.11) > > > Enter 'h' for help. > > > > > > cpan[1]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 > > > Reading '/Users/someone/.cpan/Metadata' > > > Database was generated on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:54:17 GMT > > > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519 is up to date (undef). > > > > > > > > > cpan[2]> install Net::SSH::Perl::Kex > > > Net::SSH::Perl::Kex is up to date (undef). > > > > > > cpan[3]> install Net::SSH::Perl > > > Net::SSH::Perl is up to date (2.01). > > > > > > cpan[4]> install Net::SSH > > > Net::SSH is up to date (0.09). > > > > > > -------- > > > > > > > > > someone$ /tmp/tmp.pl > > > Creating SFTP connection to [IP REDACTED] > > > 2991: Reading configuration data /Users/someone/.ssh/config > > > 2991: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config > > > 2991: Connecting to [IP REDACTED], port 22. > > > 2991: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1 > > > 2991: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version > > > OpenSSH_6.6.1 > > > 2991: Net::SSH::Perl Version 2.01, protocol version 2.0. > > > 2991: No compat match: OpenSSH_6.6.1. > > > 2991: Connection established. > > > 2991: Sent key-exchange init (KEXINIT), waiting for response. > > > 2991: Using curve25519-sha256@libssh.org for key exchange > > > 2991: Host key algorithm: ssh-ed25519 > > > 2991: Algorithms, c->s: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> > > > none > > > 2991: Algorithms, s->c: chacha20-poly1305@openssh.com <implicit> > > > none > > > Can't locate object method "exchange" via package > > > "Net::SSH::Perl::Kex::C25519" at > > > /opt/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.22/darwin-thread-multi- > > > 2level/Net/SSH/Perl/Kex.pm > > > line 107.
> >
-- Steffen Schwigon <ss5@renormalist.net> Dresden Perl Mongers <http://dresden-pm.org/>


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.