This queue is for tickets about the Mail-Builder CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
112063
Status:
resolved
Priority:
Low/Low
Queue:

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
ANDK [...] cpan.org
Cc:
pali [...] cpan.org
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
(no value)
Broken in:
2.09
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: Fails with Encode 2.79 and later
On 2016-02-15 16:41:37, ANDK wrote:
Show quoted text
> As per subject. Sample fail reports: > > 2.79: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/64716259 > 2.80: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/64884407 > 2.82: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/65319918 > > arbitrary more sample fail report by Encode version: > > http://analysis.cpantesters.org/reports_by_field?distv=Mail-Builder- > 2.09;field=mod%3AEncode > > HTH&&Thanks,
Probably a problem in Encode. See https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=111853
On Pon Feb 15 16:41:37 2016, ANDK wrote:
Show quoted text
> As per subject. Sample fail reports: > > 2.79: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/64716259 > 2.80: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/64884407 > 2.82: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/65319918 > > arbitrary more sample fail report by Encode version: > > http://analysis.cpantesters.org/reports_by_field?distv=Mail-Builder- > 2.09;field=mod%3AEncode > > HTH&&Thanks,
Probably you are incorrectly using MIME encoder and are trying to encode something which should not be encoded. E.g. MIME-encoded phrase part of email addresses must not be quoted. Either do not MIME encode it or do not quote it. Anyway, in Encode 2.83 I finally fixed MIME encoder/decoder, so if you still have some problems, I can try to help.
On 20160401T192929Z, PALI wrote:
Show quoted text
> [...] in Encode 2.83 I finally fixed MIME > encoder/decoder, so if you still have some problems, I can try to > help.
For what it is wirth, http://analysis.cpantesters.org/solved?distv=Mail-Builder-2.09#mod%3AEncode shows that Encode 2.83 still leads to failing tests in MIME::Builder 2.09.
Thank you for your bug report. This issue was fixed in 2.10 and encoding will only happen if non-ascii characters are present
On Sob Apr 02 03:28:07 2016, MAROS wrote:
Show quoted text
> Thank you for your bug report. > > This issue was fixed in 2.10 and encoding will only happen if non- > ascii characters are present
I looked into Mail/Builder/Address.pm code and you still have it incorrect. There is line: sprintf '"%s" <%s>',Mail::Builder::Utils::encode_mime($name),$self->email; You can either MIME encode or quote phrase part. Not both! But you quote %s always, which is wrong. Also you have incorrect check in Mail/Builder/Utils.pm code. If somebody wants to set phrase name to something like this "=?a?b?c?=" then you need to MIME encode it too (because string has form for MIME word). Also same problem happens if phrase name contains " or ', then you need escape it.
Thank you for your bug report. This issue should be fixed in 2.12


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.