Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Kavorka CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 109841
Status: open
Priority: 0/
Queue: Kavorka

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: ILLY [...] cpan.org
SREZIC [...] cpan.org
Cc: gregoa [...] cpan.org
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in:
  • 0.036
  • 0.037
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Random test failures with perl 5.21.x and newer
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 502b
See http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Kavorka%200.036 for an overview of test reports. For some perl configurations the complete test suite fails with errors like Can't locate object method "_set_declared_name" via package "Kavorka::Sub::Fun" The first such fail report can be seen here (for a perl 5.21.9): http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/4e1307be-cdfc-11e4-b6db-3d4fe0bfc7aa Sorry, I cannot give more insight here --- it does not seem to be related to versions of dependent modules.
From: ntyni [...] iki.fi
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 689b
On Sat Nov 28 04:24:05 2015, SREZIC wrote: Show quoted text
> See http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Kavorka%200.036 for an > overview of test reports. > > For some perl configurations the complete test suite fails with errors > like > > Can't locate object method "_set_declared_name" via package > "Kavorka::Sub::Fun" > > The first such fail report can be seen here (for a perl 5.21.9): > http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/4e1307be-cdfc-11e4-b6db- > 3d4fe0bfc7aa > > Sorry, I cannot give more insight here --- it does not seem to be > related to versions of dependent modules.
This is a 5.22/threaded regression in Devel-CallParser, see https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=110623
Subject: Problem installing Kavorka 0.037
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 589b
Hi Toby I'm failing to install Kavorka on Perl 5.20.3 which is all green according to the CPAN tester's matrix. Further information: * the host is a DigitalOcean Ubuntu 16.04.2 64bit $ uname -a Linux dev 4.4.0-78-generic #99-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 27 15:29:09 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux * The perl version - installed with perlbrew This is perl 5, version 20, subversion 3 (v5.20.3) built for x86_64-linux (with 1 registered patch, see perl -V for more detail) * For the errors, see the attached file. Let me know if there's any more information you'd like. Thanks Andrew
Subject: kavorkabug.txt
Download kavorkabug.txt
text/plain 29.7k

Message body is not shown because it is too large.

Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 106b
This is a bug in Devel::CallParser. There's a patch available for it in the Devel-CallParser bug tracker.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 295b
On 2017-06-05 04:19:14, TOBYINK wrote: Show quoted text
> This is a bug in Devel::CallParser. > > There's a patch available for it in the Devel-CallParser bug tracker.
I've been running into this problem as well; it's become a show-stopper. The DCP ticket is https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=110623.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 429b
On 2017-06-22T01:51:40+01:00, ETHER wrote: Show quoted text
> I've been running into this problem as well; it's become a show-stopper. > The DCP ticket is https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=110623.
The only thing I could do about it would be to fork Devel::CallParser to fix it, and then persuade HAARG to use my Devel::CallParser fork in Parse::Keyword (or else I'd need to fork Parse::Keyword). I'd much rather it were fixed upstream.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 704b
On 2017-06-21 23:51:49, TOBYINK wrote: Show quoted text
> On 2017-06-22T01:51:40+01:00, ETHER wrote:
> > I've been running into this problem as well; it's become a show- > > stopper. > > The DCP ticket is https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=110623.
> > The only thing I could do about it would be to fork Devel::CallParser > to fix it, and then persuade HAARG to use my Devel::CallParser fork in > Parse::Keyword (or else I'd need to fork Parse::Keyword). > > I'd much rather it were fixed upstream.
It doesn't seem to be an issue with Devel::CallParser, or at least the patch in that ticket is insufficient. Parse::Keyword's tests fail with the patch, but pass without the patch. Does the patch need updates?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 113b
Hitting this as well on 5.24.1 on Debian 9 (stretch) as Net::Stripe uses this. Anything I can help with? Gavin.
From: greeneg [...] tolharadys.net
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 321b
On Wed Jul 12 10:24:15 2017, GHENRY wrote: Show quoted text
> Hitting this as well on 5.24.1 on Debian 9 (stretch) as Net::Stripe > uses this. > > Anything I can help with? > > Gavin.
Chromatic's patch for Devel::CallParser fixes this. Someone will need to either need to get Zefram to get that fix released, or a fork needs proposed.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.