Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the Dist-Surveyor CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 108010
Status: new
Priority: 0/
Queue: Dist-Surveyor

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: alan.j.flavell [...] gmail.com
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Dist-Surveyor-0.013 matching module to wrong dist.
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:11:53 -0700
To: bug-Dist-Surveyor [...] rt.cpan.org
From: Alan Flavell <alan.j.flavell [...] gmail.com>
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.5k
Good day, sir. Great module, but I've noticed something odd when trying out dist_surveyor (0.013.) After running it against my perl lib and site-perl lib dirs, I found that it had listed a module among the final results that I did not recognize and did not actually exist anywhere in my system: authors/id/T/TA/TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1.tar.gz So I ran it once more with debug turned on, and found a lot of lines like the following in the STDERR output: ... TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 Test::Deep::Array 0 467: matches TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 Test::Deep::MM 0 836: matches TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 Test::Deep::HashKeysOnly 0 1471: matches TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 JSON 2.53 67811: matches ... (among lines such as: ... TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 URI::_idna 0 2038: not installed ... ) Looking at https://metacpan.org/release/TAGOMORIS/Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 revealed that the 0.1 version of that dist also bundled a lot of ExtUtils::, Test::, etc modules with it (all marked as "UNAUTHORIZED") So it seems that whatever method dist_surveyor is using to figure out what module belongs to what dist is associating Test::Deep::* modules with Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1 (which is an old version, where as Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.6 is the latest and no longer appears to bundle all those modules) which is wrong since those modules don't actually belong to Net-Hadoop-WebHDFS-0.1, hence the "UNAUTHORIZED" marking on it's page. Maybe dist_surveyor isn't' checking if a module actually belongs to that dist (I believe that there is an authorized flag that could be checked.)


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.