|Subject:||5.7.9 mysqlclient does not return correct mysql_insert_id via database handle|
FromHi, I am one of the maintainers of the Perl DBD::mysql module. I ran the test suite of this module against a MySQL 5.7.8 database and found one of the tests failing: # Failed test 'dbh insert id 0 == max(id) 2 in dbd_mysql_t31' # at t/31insertid.t line 58. # got: 0 # expected: 2 # Looks like you failed 1 test of 18. This test inserts some records in a table and then checks mysql_insertid via the statement handle and via the database handle. I found when I use the 5.7.8 client the value returned by the database handle is '0'. Full code for the test is here: ... When I run the same test using a 5.5.x client against the 5.7.8 database the tests succeed; so my assumption is the problem would be in libmysqlclient.