|Subject:||Issue converting a unicode domain to ascii and that same domain from ascii to unicode|
|Date:||Tue, 7 Apr 2015 13:35:38 -0600|
|To:||bug-Net-IDN-Encode [...] rt.cpan.org|
|From:||Matthew Unwin <matthew.unwin [...] returnpath.com>|
We have a client who has registered the following two domains (these are in the Tamil language): ெசாசியதெ-ெஜனரால.com (xn----oweaj2b6a1bms6ihf1ggb.com) ெசாசியதெ-ெஜனரால.net (xn----oweaj2b6a1bms6ihf1ggb.net) These domains fail to convert when using Net::IDN::Encode version 2.201 and perl 5.18 on Centos 6.5. When I try to convert the two domains above using domain_to_ascii(), I get the following error: begins with General_Category=Mark [V5] at .../lib/perl5/x86_64-linux/Net/IDN/Encode.pm line 46. The reverse, domain_to_unicode() also fails when testing with the converted values noted above. I have tried all combinations of the optional parameters: AllowUnassigned, UseSTD3ASCIIRules, TransitionalProcessing without success. I have also tried: uts46_to_ascii() / uts46_to_unicode -- fails idna2003_to_ascii() -- succeeds, results in: xn----oweaj2b6a1bms6ihf1ggb encode_punycode() [tested without the .com and .net] -- succeeds, results in: --oweaj2b6a1bms6ihf1ggb I have tried a variety of on-line tools to try and validate that the domain names are valid:-- fails http://㯙㯜㯙㯟.net/ < > --succeeds (works in both idna2003 and idna2008 modes and prints out code points) --succeeds (works in both idna2003 and idna2008 modes) -- succeeds (used "To IDN") --succeeds -- succeeds --succeeds --succeeds --succeeds So, other than Verisign's online tool, I haven't found another unicode to IDN/punycode converter that has problems converting the two domains above. This leads me to believe there is a bug somewhere in Net::IDN::Encode. Thanks!