Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the PerlIO-gzip CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 103155
Status: new
Priority: 0/
Queue: PerlIO-gzip

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: nanis [...] runu.moc.invalid
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: Wishlist
Broken in: 0.19
Fixed in: (no value)



Subject: Windows related suggestions
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 1.1k
Hello: I just built PerlIO::gzip on 64-bit Windows 8.1, using Visual Studio 2013, for a 64-bit perl I had built using the same tools. I had compiled Zlib with the same tools as well, with headers in %include% and libs in %lib%. Two issues prevented building the module with a simple `cpanm PerlIO::gzip`, and then reporting successful test results with `cpanm-reporter`: 1. LIBS contains only `-lz`. On Windows, the import library that is produced by default is `zlib.lib`. Setting LIBS => [ '-lz zlib.lib' ] worked for me. Something along the lines of LIBS => [ '-lz' . (($^O eq 'MSWin32') ? ' zlib.lib' : '') ] might work (putting the responsibility to add the relevant include and lib directories to the environment variables %include% and %lib% on the user). 2. One of the tests depended on a command line gzip utility in the %PATH%. One may not have that on Windows, so may I suggest making that test conditional on the existence of a gzip binary in the %PATH%. File::Which should help here. I haven't had a chance to prepare a patch, but I might be able to submit one in the next few days. Thank you very much. -- Sinan


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.