This queue is for tickets about the Data-Tumbler CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id:
100805
Status:
open
Priority:
Low/Low
Queue:

People
Owner:
Nobody in particular
Requestors:
paul [...] city-fan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

BugTracker
Severity:
(no value)
Broken in:
0.006
Fixed in:
(no value)



Subject: LICENSE inconsistency
The inline pod for Data-Tumbler states that the license is same as perl, i.e. GPL version 1 or later or Artistic 1. The new LICENSE file reiterates that the license is same as perl, but incorrectly then refers to GPL version 2 or later rather than version 1 or later. It might also be more appropriate to ship a copy of GPL-1.0 rather than GPL-2.0 as a separate license file. Same applies for Test-WriteVariants.
From: paul@city-fan.org
On Tue Dec 09 11:23:43 2014, paul@city-fan.org wrote:
Show quoted text
> The inline pod for Data-Tumbler states that the license is same as > perl, i.e. GPL version 1 or later or Artistic 1. The new LICENSE file > reiterates that the license is same as perl, but incorrectly then > refers to GPL version 2 or later rather than version 1 or later. It > might also be more appropriate to ship a copy of GPL-1.0 rather than > GPL-2.0 as a separate license file. > > Same applies for Test-WriteVariants.
The LICENSE file in version 0.007 still refers to "version 2 or later"...
Would you please take a look over https://github.com/perl5-utils/Test-WriteVariants and https://github.com/perl5-utils/Data-Tumbler if now everything is ok? I want to avoid bumping versions for nits.
From: paul@city-fan.org
On Tue Dec 16 07:51:42 2014, REHSACK wrote:
Show quoted text
> Would you please take a look over https://github.com/perl5-utils/Test- > WriteVariants and https://github.com/perl5-utils/Data-Tumbler if now > everything is ok? > > I want to avoid bumping versions for nits.
Perfectly understandable. The LICENSE file text looks OK to me now. I don't see a need to ship the GPL-2.0 file at all.
Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #100805] LICENSE inconsistency
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:01:04 +0100
To: bug-Data-Tumbler@rt.cpan.org
From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@gmail.com>
Am 16.12.2014 um 17:15 schrieb paul@city-fan.org via RT <bug-Data-Tumbler@rt.cpan.org>:
Show quoted text
> Queue: Data-Tumbler > Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=100805 > > > On Tue Dec 16 07:51:42 2014, REHSACK wrote:
>> Would you please take a look over https://github.com/perl5-utils/Test- >> WriteVariants and https://github.com/perl5-utils/Data-Tumbler if now >> everything is ok? >> >> I want to avoid bumping versions for nits.
> > Perfectly understandable. > > The LICENSE file text looks OK to me now.
Ok.
Show quoted text
> I don't see a need to ship the GPL-2.0 file at all.
Because people can choose GPL-1 or higher - and GPL-2.0 is heavily used and well known, so why not let people choose gpl2. Cheers -- Jens Rehsack rehsack@gmail.com


This service runs on Request Tracker, is sponsored by The Perl Foundation, and maintained by Best Practical Solutions.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.