Skip Menu |
 

This queue is for tickets about the POE CPAN distribution.

Report information
The Basics
Id: 100577
Status: rejected
Priority: 0/
Queue: POE

People
Owner: Nobody in particular
Requestors: GVL [...] cpan.org
Cc:
AdminCc:

Bug Information
Severity: (no value)
Broken in: (no value)
Fixed in: 1.366



Subject: POE::Kernel->stop causes crash
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 416b
Latest changes in 1.366 cause nested sessions running under POE::Wheel::Run to die in certain circumstances. Sadly the code causing this is proprietary and I haven't been able to reproduce it in a code sample yet. This is the change that causes the crash: https://github.com/rcaputo/poe/commit/c6f8e4f9dabbef51a75dbb043c01c92807fc604c lib/POE/Kernel.pm line 1330. It works fine with _data_ses_free and POE < 1.366.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 480b
On Thu Nov 27 05:10:06 2014, GVL wrote: Show quoted text
> Latest changes in 1.366 cause nested sessions running under > POE::Wheel::Run to die in certain circumstances.
Show quoted text
The change invokes _stop handlers during POE::Kernel->stop(). Previously _stop handlers would not be invoked. Is it possible that a side effect in one of your _stop handlers is causing the crash?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 430b
I do not have a stop handler in the child package (that dies) and the stop handler in the parent just calls $log (Log::Log4perl) once to notify that the component has stopped. On Fri Nov 28 03:03:50 2014, RCAPUTO wrote: Show quoted text
> The change invokes _stop handlers during POE::Kernel->stop(). > Previously _stop handlers would not be invoked. > > Is it possible that a side effect in one of your _stop handlers is > causing the crash?
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 405b
On Mon Dec 01 08:59:48 2014, GVL wrote: Show quoted text
> I do not have a stop handler in the child package (that dies) and the > stop handler in the parent just calls $log (Log::Log4perl) once to > notify that the component has stopped.
I'm afraid I can't fix this without more information. I don't seem to have a copy of the crash message(s), and I haven't been able to reproduce the problem so I could track it down.
Download (untitled) / with headers
text/plain 110b
There were _stop handlers that got called with the cahnegs in 1.366 and basically shut down the whole process.


This service is sponsored and maintained by Best Practical Solutions and runs on Perl.org infrastructure.

Please report any issues with rt.cpan.org to rt-cpan-admin@bestpractical.com.